This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
buggger12 Dec 14, 2013 @ 5:39pm
Gunz 1 and 2
Really, they shouldn't of got rid of f***ing Gunz 1 !! Like now we still have to wait for Gunz 2 and they haven't posted anything on it for like 4 months >.<. So is like they got rid of Gunz two because it was supposed to come out like 5 years ago and now it looks like they not working on it anymore. They were supposed to release it years ago and now they say we'll release in December but it doesn't look like its even being worked on. They should of just kept Gunz the duel and not worked on the second because the Gunz 2 is going to ruin the series and Gunz the duel (Number 1) would become even better if they actually worked on it but now that's deleted and looks like Gunz 2 is going to come out late, and most people say its sh**.
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
ThatGuyTim Dec 14, 2013 @ 7:05pm 
In all fairness, GunZ 1 was already infested with hackers anyways, and there were barely any legit players. Who knows, maybe they'll surprise us and release the game on Christmas or something.
ShadowHawk Dec 14, 2013 @ 7:17pm 
Yes there were a lot of hackers, but that could've been dealt with professionally by the developers but they just let it go, there were a lot of good players, define "legit".. I had a lot of fun, with friends, I played to the end, sometimes play seriously , sometimes just for fun and social times...
beastking Dec 14, 2013 @ 9:16pm 
legit- NOT ABUSING HACKS.... playing the game the way it was MOST intended. why do you think they refuse to put k-style in gunz 2. idk what everyone is saying. i played gunz 2 and even with my slow ping it was still better than gunz 1 more pve, k-stylers ruined pvp, and i love the class system.
OxNEOxO Dec 14, 2013 @ 10:23pm 
If you still want to play gunz 1 then google "freestyle gunz" there are about 200-500+ players online everyday.
buggger12 Dec 15, 2013 @ 12:49am 
OxNEOxO i never knew they actually had freestyle gunz, so thank you for telling me
糸恵 Dec 15, 2013 @ 3:34am 
yah let's keep a game that was filled with nothing but hackers and glitch users who thought they were good or doing anything skillfull(k-style noobs) how bout no it got closed down because it wasn't even a game anymore it was a place where skilless people went. what they are trying to do with gunz 2 is make it FAIR FOR EVERYONE. one main issue with gunz one was new players couldn't even get in because it was just filled with hacks and glitch noobs they'd play one match and then uninstall etc just plain and simple it wasn't a fair game. when gunz 1 first came out it was nice untill the skilless people had to take advantage of a glitch and "think" they were doing something that took skill or "mastering' when it's like i've said in a previous post you could find a glitch in mpas to like go threw a wall and never be killed but be able to kill everyone in a spawn spot does that mean you have "skill" or "mastered" anything no it means you found a bug in the system and you are utilizing it for your own advantage in the game because you were most likely trash at the game to begin with. then when people got madd at those other people taking advatage of the glitching and thinking they were so cool when they weren't they hacked the game and there you go thats the history of gunz one once good but then NOOBs period came into it and ruined the experience for everyone even without the pay 2 win items they had it would have still been fine what ruined it was again the skilless idiots thinking k-style was awesome when it's not in any way shape or form and thats why those same idiots got hacked and cryed because now there were hackers in the game when you were just as bad as them. point is stop doing all that sh!t period you'd be madd if someone did what is aid about the wall glitching no matter who you are and why? because IT'S UNFAIR you can't kill the person and he can just kill u threw walla in your spawn spot you'd have NO FUN PERIOD that is what pretty much k-style was doing to new players same thing as hacking and it's literally what ruined the game because it was what infested the game with hackers. the dev's wanted to make something completely fresh and different and FAIR for everyone so maybe thats why it seems so "♥♥♥♥♥♥" to vets of gunz 1 but half of those people were the skilless noobs who usesd k-style and what have we learned about them that they sucked at the game and thats why they had to use the glitch/bug to be good at it hence prob why they suck at gunz 2 and are bashing on it. <3
Ashzu Dec 15, 2013 @ 3:46am 
woah, learn to use ♥♥♥♥ing full stops and paragraphs, son
Amun Norris Dec 15, 2013 @ 3:56am 
Originally posted by 糸恵:
yah let's keep a game that was filled with nothing but hackers and glitch users who thought they were good or doing anything skillfull(k-style noobs) how bout no it got closed down because it wasn't even a game anymore it was a place where skilless people went. what they are trying to do with gunz 2 is make it FAIR FOR EVERYONE. one main issue with gunz one was new players couldn't even get in because it was just filled with hacks and glitch noobs they'd play one match and then uninstall etc just plain and simple it wasn't a fair game. when gunz 1 first came out it was nice untill the skilless people had to take advantage of a glitch and "think" they were doing something that took skill or "mastering' when it's like i've said in a previous post you could find a glitch in mpas to like go threw a wall and never be killed but be able to kill everyone in a spawn spot does that mean you have "skill" or "mastered" anything no it means you found a bug in the system and you are utilizing it for your own advantage in the game because you were most likely trash at the game to begin with. then when people got madd at those other people taking advatage of the glitching and thinking they were so cool when they weren't they hacked the game and there you go thats the history of gunz one once good but then NOOBs period came into it and ruined the experience for everyone even without the pay 2 win items they had it would have still been fine what ruined it was again the skilless idiots thinking k-style was awesome when it's not in any way shape or form and thats why those same idiots got hacked and cryed because now there were hackers in the game when you were just as bad as them. point is stop doing all that sh!t period you'd be madd if someone did what is aid about the wall glitching no matter who you are and why? because IT'S UNFAIR you can't kill the person and he can just kill u threw walla in your spawn spot you'd have NO FUN PERIOD that is what pretty much k-style was doing to new players same thing as hacking and it's literally what ruined the game because it was what infested the game with hackers. the dev's wanted to make something completely fresh and different and FAIR for everyone so maybe thats why it seems so "♥♥♥♥♥♥" to vets of gunz 1 but half of those people were the skilless noobs who usesd k-style and what have we learned about them that they sucked at the game and thats why they had to use the glitch/bug to be good at it hence prob why they suck at gunz 2 and are bashing on it. <3
Uhhh.. guy, really, it isn't really impossible to kill a k-styler.. did you ever tried to block the attacks? Just because you can't kill them, it does not means that nobody can. There are a lot of guys who use swords, knives or kodachis that can beat k-stylers easily in a gladiator match. I am a k-styler and it is all about timing, what means that if you break its flow, they get defenseless.
And LOOOOOOOL, hackers came because of k-stylers? Really, hackers are everywhere, and they don't need reason to it. Some use them to level up easy and fast, and some even use it to have fun (what fun, please someone tell me ._.). Maiet never said anyone to stop using KS so i don't think they considered it a hack, it really isn't unfair. And it TAKES a lot of skills to do that ****, or do you think it is easy to, like, climb a wall, dodge, aim and shoot all at the same time?
It is like, you find someone really good at, lets say, street fighter, he does combos like no one before, so he is so good that you can't kill him. You will start using hacks just because of him? If it is so unfair and easy to do, why don't you do? There are pro k-stylers, medium k-stylers and noob k-stylers, if you couldn't kill even the noobs, so what about practicing a bit? It is possible to kill slow people just spreding them with some SMGs, so what really happenned was people who were alredy experienced, had characters like level 70 entering newbies channels, and we can't really blame them, they where just playing.
ShadowHawk Dec 15, 2013 @ 9:59am 
Well said Amun Norris, well said.
Mr. Satan Dec 16, 2013 @ 9:42am 
No one will ever understand unless you learned kstyle yourself, It was such an achievement and challenge in videogaming we kstylers are proud to of learn something that almost none of the gaming community has expirianced, however I'm ready for a change I will admit Kstyle made the game quite easy to code hacks for, but I still hope we find some sort of play style in GunZ 2 when the game has it's full release. I know the new class system will probably bring that out the outright most so I'm excited to see how this goes.
LeonardoW Dec 17, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
They can release GunZ 1 on steam since they got greenlighed. it will be iGunz all over again
Iranaryluch Dec 17, 2013 @ 5:18pm 
Originally posted by TFC` Rainy:
No one will ever understand unless you learned kstyle yourself, It was such an achievement and challenge in videogaming we kstylers are proud to of learn something that almost none of the gaming community has expirianced, however I'm ready for a change I will admit Kstyle made the game quite easy to code hacks for, but I still hope we find some sort of play style in GunZ 2 when the game has it's full release. I know the new class system will probably bring that out the outright most so I'm excited to see how this goes.

I'll give it was a sort of achievement, but it created a lot of elitist ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥s. Some clans wouldn't let you join them if you couldn't do the moves, even if you could beat the admins at all the combat tests.
For myself, k-style was a supplement. I could slash shot, butterfly and void step, but didn't need to do anything fancier than that and found just running around and guarding properly in sword fights took care of a bunch of the self proclaimed pros at k-style.

My biggest issue with GunZ 2 is going to be that there seems to be no bullet blocking in the videos, aside from the shield trooper. Being able to block bullets with a sword was a very unique to the game feature and it just wont feel right without it.
Last edited by Iranaryluch; Dec 17, 2013 @ 5:19pm
powbam Dec 30, 2013 @ 11:03pm 
K-stylerz didn't ruin Gunz. Hackers did. K-style was a beautiful accident. You best believe that.
Blubber Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:52am 
Originally posted by powbam:
K-stylerz didn't ruin Gunz. Hackers did. K-style was a beautiful accident. You best believe that.
Don't have to believe it when you know it put more emphasis on the beautiful.

God spilled his drink from the heavens, splashed on Maiet games while they were coding. No accident, it was divine overtaking.
Last edited by Blubber; Dec 31, 2013 @ 10:54am
ShadowHawk Dec 31, 2013 @ 12:05pm 
haha... agreed Blubber
Showing 1-15 of 43 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50