This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
o.o... XD Feb 22, 2014 @ 11:27pm
The advantage given to the host is ridiculous.
The host of the game experiences no lag what so ever, making the fast paced game what it should be. All of the shots are hit, all of the melee are hit, because everything is in real time and client sided.

However, for the people who aren't host, it makes a world of difference. You will miss a lot more, experience more frame lag, and you have to constantly judge how much to lead your shots depending on how bad/good your connection is to the host. It will never come down to a skill match-up, especially if the pre-made team that gets host live near each other, that team will surely win the game. It's extremely difficult to snipe if you're not the host, then you get ♥♥♥♥ talked by the host.

For example: A guy who was host went extremely positive while I went extremely negative in score, and he began to smack talk. Then I got host and had over 15 kills and under 5 deaths, and i'm not even good.

This is a problem because gunz 2 is supposed to be a competitive game, how can it be competitive when there's this game-breaking issue causing a variance of gameplay? This game will never see e-sports without proper hosting, even 30 ping makes a huge difference in compared to being the host. Not many games make this much a difference from 30 ping, it's possible that it is coded poorly in terms of input lag.

I know i'm ranting but whenever i'm host I feel bad that i'm stomping and when i'm not host I get sad because I know I could be doing way better/have more fun if everyone was on even terms ping-wise, just because there are other people who aren't host doesn't mean they are all equal in terms of ping/lag.

I just can't seem to enjoy this game with the varied and inconsistent gameplay, how can I get better when I have to change my aim every game depending on how much i'm lagging? A constant ping will increase performance in skill because you get more used to the "flow" of the game.

Right now the only option to have fun is to stop sniping and play elena to spam grenade launcher because lag can't stop those. very skill based game amirite
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Emonium Feb 22, 2014 @ 11:54pm 
Originally posted by drinkLiqUORXxSMOKEXxkiLL:
very skill based game amirite
Yes, you are. It's much harder to deal with 2vs1s here than it was in GunZ 1 and I personally enjoy the chalenge. Here, I actually get a sense of accomplishment when I take down 2 or 3 people targeting me now
Last edited by Emonium; Feb 22, 2014 @ 11:55pm
o.o... XD Feb 23, 2014 @ 12:28am 
Originally posted by Emonium:
very skill based game amirite
Yes, you are. It's much harder to deal with 2vs1s here than it was in GunZ 1 and I personally enjoy the chalenge. Here, I actually get a sense of accomplishment when I take down 2 or 3 people targeting me now

Except if you took them down they're either really bad or you had way better connection than them, I played with you so I know how good you are.
BlindOut Feb 23, 2014 @ 11:13am 
ya we need dedicated servers, id rather pay 5 bucks a month than having a low budgeted game resulting in everyone raging when people get host and having the worst ♥♥♥♥ing connection, very annoying! fix this ♥♥♥♥ thx
Emonium Feb 23, 2014 @ 11:44am 
Originally posted by BlindOut:
id rather pay 5 bucks a month
Yeah, most people wouldn't unfortunately

Originally posted by Emonium:

Except if you took them down they're either really bad or you had way better connection than them, I played with you so I know how good you are.
That isn't the case all of the time, but most of the time, they are just bad. Still, HP goes down so fast in this game that beating someone spraying you from behind can be tough when you're already fighting someone else, so it doesn't invalidate my soon to be hated ego.
You know someone spent a fair amount of time honing their technique (me and few others I played) when they main melee.
Heken Feb 23, 2014 @ 9:50pm 
yeah cuz side stepping their bullets and dashing next to them to perform unbreakable "knock down" chains requires an incredible amount of skill..unless of course you just sidestep then use the lil z gauge to nearly 1 shot them from "shotgun" distance with a melee. Ouchies.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50