Questo gioco è ora disponibile su Steam!

Grazie per averci aiutato a selezionare questo gioco per la distribuzione tramite Steam. Ulteriori informazioni, incluso un collegamento alla pagina del Negozio di Steam, sono disponibili in basso.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Eshkee[m]o 19 feb, ore 7:12
This is not "GunZ" 2.
I've been playing GunZ since International was still a thing. Whether or not you have a love or hate for k-style, the original GunZ expressed a fluidity of movement and allowed variety for whatever playstyle you chose. Whether you wanted to K-style with the typical shotgun spam, use Revolvers because you could Lead like a bawss, or MG's because sprays are ftw, you were open to using any style you preferred on any character you wanted, and were allowed to develop that character and your own skills through trial and error.

GunZ 2, as it so calls itself, fundamentally goes against the original GunZ. Defined classes, restricted rolls, and hindered movement. The game doesn't "flow". The delay between dashing and jumping, the dips in wall running forcing you to spam the space bar, the god awful host connection, it just doesn't seem to all connect together.

I've got several hours into GunZ 2 now, but not even on this account, because I tried to use a Katana on this one, and found that it wasn't a nearly feasible option. After I found that getting another character would cost me 50k gold, I decided to hop onto another account and remake.

The game has completely changed from what it once was. Where skill once reigned, tanks with flamethrowers and grenade launchers and hosts now dominate the rooms. Everyone was once on an equal playing field, and if you couldn't aim you would lose, and that was that. If you couldn't block you'd get killed. If you were bad, you were bad, and nothing could fix that except time.

The new game seems to pander to a more general playing group, trying to get into an almost RPG aspect by defining your role as a Tank or DPS. Questing rooms will be dominated by Tanks, we already can predict this, and when one character costs 40k above the rest, but you could get it for free, why wouldn't you pick that one as your starter? Except maybe because that character has the inability to wield a katana, and you picked Ivan to reminisce over the original GunZ, then finding yourself moderately ineffective, as the sniper rifle is hard to manage and the katana is incredibly nerfed by the Tanks.

If you're going into this GunZ with even a modicum of expectation of what once was, you will be severely disappointed. For what it's worth, I cannot review this game for being a new genre, as it claims to be a sequel, but it changes far too much in my eyes. I wish I could enjoy this, as we've all been looking forward to it for years, and maybe I will one day. For now though, this game will sit in my hard drive bringing back the memories of what once were.
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 26
< >
Mardesabagda 19 feb, ore 7:26 
Сьешь д е р ь м о и умри .
Ultima modifica da Mardesabagda; 19 feb, ore 7:27
nerd 19 feb, ore 11:51 
"Everyone was once on an equal playing field"
Haha, except for the hackers, the glitchers (insta), the exploiters (pressing screenshot button to lag yourself out of a flip), the players covered in cash items, etc right? It doesn't need KStyle. It's a far better version of what GunZ was meant to be. Move on.

and fyi: Nobody cares about the opinion of someone on a game they never gave a chance. See: 1.4 hrs on record
Ultima modifica da nerd; 19 feb, ore 11:52
Eshkee[m]o 19 feb, ore 12:28 
If you'd bothered to read you'd notice I mentioned that I made another profile to play on. If you're just one of those people who was upset about what became one of the fundamental aspects of the original GunZ that a MAJORITY of the community enjoyed and helped the game thrive then you can take your comment elsewhere because it's moronic. Cash items didn't excuse lack of skill in old GunZ, only if you weren't up to the challenge, which apparently you weren't. And if you're going to complain about Insta then you're complaining about all of K-Style, and if you're going to do that you can just leave.
Sbaro 19 feb, ore 13:38 
a "sequel" doesn't mean that the game will be exactly like the other one

and almost everybody knows that it's not a "copycat", and most of them still liked it
Derbstep 19 feb, ore 15:15 
Messaggio originale di nerdstick:
"Everyone was once on an equal playing field"
Haha, except for the hackers, the glitchers (insta), the exploiters (pressing screenshot button to lag yourself out of a flip), the players covered in cash items, etc right? It doesn't need KStyle. It's a far better version of what GunZ was meant to be. Move on.

and fyi: Nobody cares about the opinion of someone on a game they never gave a chance. See: 1.4 hrs on record

GunZ had ♥♥♥♥ty hack protection, I agree with this completely. Private servers had better protection than ijji ever gave GunZ. I also agree with the screenshotting part.

Even though insta was a "glitch" it was an acquired skill that you had to work to to be able to do, and it is not like once you get instad you were dead, you could always jump out of it if you worked on your reflexes enough.

Cash items did not give you a very large advantage. I never put any money into my account and I could still destroy people who had full cash items because I put so many hours into the game.

If you died in the original GunZ 90% of the time it is because the person was better than you, and that's that.

The OP is 100% right in my opinion. It would be nice if we could have some feel that it is a sequel instead of creating a completely different game.
I easily had over 2000 hours in GunZ: The Duel.
Ultima modifica da Derbstep; 19 feb, ore 15:19
Blubber 19 feb, ore 16:00 
Someone will make a mod and bring it back, or Maiet will find a way to cater to their old fans WHILE still catering to casuals.

I haven't extensively tested this game yet so I'm limited in what I can say, but bugs aside it's clear so far that there's a forced slower pace and too much down time between actions for it to remotely feel like the prequel.

Is that a good thing or a bad thing? Time will tell, is it good for the fans of the previous game? No, it isn't. Should Maiet consider the life and blood of their previous successful game?

I think so.
Sbaro 19 feb, ore 16:20 
"is it good for the fans of the previous game? No, it isn't"
i am... and i still like this one, even more than g1 xD
Derbstep 19 feb, ore 16:27 
Messaggio originale di Sbaro:
"is it good for the fans of the previous game? No, it isn't"
i am... and i still like this one, even more than g1 xD

How experienced were you in the other one? Were you a veteran level player or did you just play casually?
Just wondering.
Ultima modifica da Derbstep; 19 feb, ore 16:28
Kasumi Tengu 19 feb, ore 19:07 
Alright...where to start...

First off...considering the fact that I've seen people comment in game that the actually prefer this to GunZ 2 I'd suggest everyone take this post with a grain of salt - its heavily opinionated. Secondly, op, I can assure you that you do not speak for the entirety of the GunZ community.
Third, what is the name of this other account btw, can you verify that it actually exists?
Also - not everyone is going to go tanks. God knows that, speaking as a gunslinger, I've been rocking every tank I've met so far. It's probably just Ivan that has problems with tanks.

I should also probably explain something that should be somewhat obvious - a sequels correct form of being should be to at least attempt to improve on the original formula, not to repeat the past over and over again in a daze of coasting on past success (See, Borderlands 2 vs the CoD series). This game wasn't supposed to be a repeat of GunZ. It was supposed to be an upgrade and an 'advancement' or improvement of it, if you would. Some people will like it, some will love it, some won't and some will despise it. That's to be expected.

But, do not, ever, claim that no one will love anything or that they will be 'severely disappointed' - to imply that the changes automatically makes it worse is very...close-minded, if you would. Just because the game may not seem enough like GunZ to you and may not seem like GunZ to many others, this is not an assurance that the latter of those very same people won't find something to love in GunZ 2 that they couldn't get from the original.
TalkAboutDedGame 19 feb, ore 19:30 
I AGREE 100% as a I Gunz vet, on every point. and the amount of people angry at us for giving our opinion is ridiculous. suck it up.
Csoccer6 19 feb, ore 20:13 
Messaggio originale di Adriann:
I AGREE 100% as a I Gunz vet, on every point. and the amount of people angry at us for giving our opinion is ridiculous. suck it up.
Every time I say gunz 2 sucks everyone rages. They all just say k-style was a glitch blah blah. Its ok Gunz 2 will fail because it has no depth lol. Just spay and spam melee attacks all day,
SirEdwin 20 feb, ore 12:24 
You people crack me up. "This game sucks, it's been out for 3 whole days, and doesn't have the depth and refinement of a game that was out for years". WHAT?!? REALLY?!? Who the hell would have guessed.
LeonardoW 20 feb, ore 14:48 
Awwn, you lost your only way to overpower new players?
Well too f*cking bad, now K-Style is gone and the game now plays how it was supposed to be played. Get over it.
Dunnoguy 20 feb, ore 14:50 
Messaggio originale di angelblaze2007:

First off...considering the fact that I've seen people comment in game that the actually prefer this to GunZ 2 I'd suggest everyone take this post with a grain of salt - its heavily opinionated. Secondly, op, I can assure you that you do not speak for the entirety of the GunZ community.
Third, what is the name of this other account btw, can you verify that it actually exists?
Also - not everyone is going to go tanks. God knows that, speaking as a gunslinger, I've been rocking every tank I've met so far. It's probably just Ivan that has problems with tanks.

I should also probably explain something that should be somewhat obvious - a sequels correct form of being should be to at least attempt to improve on the original formula, not to repeat the past over and over again in a daze of coasting on past success (See, Borderlands 2 vs the CoD series). This game wasn't supposed to be a repeat of GunZ. It was supposed to be an upgrade and an 'advancement' or improvement of it, if you would. Some people will like it, some will love it, some won't and some will despise it. That's to be expected.

But, do not, ever, claim that no one will love anything or that they will be 'severely disappointed' - to imply that the changes automatically makes it worse is very...close-minded, if you would. Just because the game may not seem enough like GunZ to you and may not seem like GunZ to many others, this is not an assurance that the latter of those very same people won't find something to love in GunZ 2 that they couldn't get from the original.
I'm pretty sure all GunZ 1 veterans are disappointed in this game, but I shall not go in to detail.
Rodd 20 feb, ore 17:34 
Messaggio originale di Dunnoguy:
Messaggio originale di angelblaze2007:

I'm pretty sure all GunZ 1 veterans are disappointed in this game, but I shall not go in to detail.
Uhh, no. I played a lot GunZ 1, I was a k-styler (no, it is not a way to overpower new players, it is a fun way of dueling that needs way more practice than "normal" melee fights would need) and I still like GunZ 2.. Really, it just came out, it is normal that it is a little unbalanced, but i'm sure MAIET will fix that -.- .
Same way GunZ 1's K-Style was not just spamming combos, GunZ 2 isn't just about spreading and spamming melee attacks. Create your own style and stop complaining about that. If you want something exactly like GunZ 1, I recommend you a game. What was it called? Oh, yeah. GunZ 1 --'. Also, people, stop saying s**t about k-style, you probably never even tried it, you don't know what it's like.
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 26
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50