This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
LeonardoW Feb 12 @ 3:15pm
Any chance for an International GunZ 1 on Steam?
Almost all GunZ 1 servers are gone, the only ones remaining are the South American (currently filled with hacks) and the Korean version. A Steam release of GunZ 1 should make it more popular than it is, and with Valve's anti-cheat, those pesky cheaters will think twice before doing something stupid. What do you guys think?
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
OxNEOxO Feb 12 @ 3:32pm 
Not going to happen. Sorry.
Bloodthirst Feb 12 @ 4:34pm 
GunZ on Steam will draw players away from GunZ 2. Maybe, if players lose interest in GunZ 2 they might consider it. This is probably something that they should have done before Aeria got control of GunZ from IJJI. Aeria killed the game with their mismanagement of it.
KneeGrow Feb 12 @ 5:29pm 
considering it was all hands on deck for this game i think not
Superbia Feb 12 @ 5:34pm 
Nope, but people are allowed to play one of the many Private Servers that are available.
They will never consider it, anyone who thinks otherwise is clueless.
SeraphLance Feb 12 @ 8:18pm 
It depends on what happened with the publishing rights. I'm no expert on the subject matter. However, if GunZ 2 pulls a Ragnarok 2, MAIET might (assuming they can).
They gain absolutely nothing from it? lol
Superbia Feb 12 @ 9:11pm 
You really expect them to release a game on steam to a vocal minority? So, Maiet should waste time and money on an outdated engine to please a dying community? A community where many of the original supporters have directly said they enjoy GunZ 2 and are ready to move on. I would rather them make updates to GunZ 2 instead of worrying about a game that doesn't have any real possibility of tangiable compensation.
Here you go
http://fgunz.net/
http://www.darkgunz.com/
Stop complaining and play the vidya you personally like, it's still there.
Last edited by Superbia; Feb 12 @ 9:14pm
Cotillion Feb 12 @ 9:34pm 
Well, I can understand the point of Maiet not considering it. They have more on their plate that they have with all the content they will have to work on for the Gunz 2 release. So it is highly unlikely for any re-release of gunz1 with that considered. I wish they could rehash the old mechanic and use it as an add-on with the new gunz 2 sometime in the future (optional only, so don't bother with the 'I hate K-style' commentary).

On the standpoint that it would not work on steam, I would call complete and utter bs. Steam is nearly 70% indie, and for the most part, a large amount of them look dated or of horrid quality to begin with. If you brought the original gunz with either a $10 starting price (no prems), or free to play (with non-expensive prems), people will eat it up, regardless of people even knowing of its history, or that it even existed prior to them downloading it. In this market and this time it would easily fit on the list of games.
Superbia Feb 12 @ 9:51pm 
Originally posted by Cotillion:
Well, I can understand the point of Maiet not considering it. They have more on their plate that they have with all the content they will have to work on for the Gunz 2 release. So it is highly unlikely for any re-release of gunz1 with that considered. I wish they could rehash the old mechanic and use it as an add-on with the new gunz 2 sometime in the future (optional only, so don't bother with the 'I hate K-style' commentary).

On the standpoint that it would not work on steam, I would call complete and utter bs. Steam is nearly 70% indie, and for the most part, a large amount of them look dated or of horrid quality to begin with. If you brought the original gunz with either a $10 starting price (no prems), or free to play (with non-expensive prems), people will eat it up, regardless of people even knowing of its history, or that it even existed prior to them downloading it. In this market and this time it would easily fit on the list of games.

1: K-Style was contrived set of button movements that limited emergent gameplay and turned the game into a niche product that wasn't profitable. A wall was put in front of new players that wasn't neccessary and only stiffled community growth. You see GunZ 2 has this thing called balancing that allows for a natural progression that allows top players to remain top players and newbies to still have fun without having to develop an outright addiction to a product.

2: Indie Games are made that way for a reason and have nothing to do with GunZ 1. GunZ 1 has not aged well and in reality was never really notable without the styles(K,M,D Styles). The styles where neccesarry though at the time, the game wasn't good enough on its own. Everything in GunZ 2 is more fluid and streamlined. But, at the same time it has the same skill ceiling for high level play despite what many people think. They beginning wall just isn't there and comes much later on.

What's the point of supporting an old game that doesn't offer guaranteed growth and will only take away from the sequel?
Last edited by Superbia; Feb 12 @ 9:55pm
Moogle - Bored out of my mind Feb 12 @ 11:15pm 
The point is, it would never happen. If theres no profit, its not worth.
Moogle - Bored out of my mind Feb 12 @ 11:55pm 
mmm but the effort to get it here would probably not be worth it. I think more people would still play GunZ 2 and I think the GuNZ1 community would be quite small here.
Dreadful Feb 14 @ 12:10pm 
Actually, I've talked to guntrix awhile ago and he told me they are going to keep updating gunz 1, I think a new gunz 1 server would be very possible in the near future however not on steam.
Bloodthirst Feb 14 @ 4:48pm 
Originally posted by SuperbiaTheGreat:
What's the point of supporting an old game that doesn't offer guaranteed growth and will only take away from the sequel?

Sometimes, like in the case of GunZ, a game will become timeless. You are also assuming that sequels are always better, which they are not.
Last edited by Bloodthirst; Feb 14 @ 4:48pm
Superbia Feb 14 @ 5:05pm 
Originally posted by Bloodthirst:
Originally posted by SuperbiaTheGreat:

Sometimes, like in the case of GunZ, a game will become timeless. You are also assuming that sequels are always better, which they are not.
Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies.
Showing 1-15 of 15 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50