This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Csoccer6 Jan 31 @ 5:27pm
Six New Games Released From Greenlight.......
And none of them are Gunz 2 and they all look bad. Looked at three of the new games released and only 5-10 people have commented on them each. Such a waste.
Last edited by Csoccer6; Jan 31 @ 5:30pm
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Superbia Jan 31 @ 5:50pm 
They are on Holidays. It will probably be out on the 5th.
Last edited by Superbia; Jan 31 @ 5:52pm
OxNEOxO Jan 31 @ 6:09pm 
So? how does this relate to Gunz2?
joshu2 Jan 31 @ 6:11pm 
Originally posted by OxNEOxO:
So? how does this relate to Gunz2?
Apparently, we are waiting for Valve to let people play Gunz2. Why are these (bad) games getting in before Gunz2?
5onic - S4 League Jan 31 @ 6:13pm 
lol, does it matter if maiet's on a holiday?
OxNEOxO Jan 31 @ 6:13pm 
Is it a f2p game? Does the game have "cash shops"? If it doesn't have any of these things implanted then I can see the paper work moving fast :P
糸恵 Jan 31 @ 6:34pm 
Originally posted by 5onic:
obv that may be a key factor. considering when most people are on "holidays" they DO NOT WORK. HENCE BEING ON HOLIDAY. derp really some people just have no common sense.
Last edited by 糸恵; Jan 31 @ 6:35pm
Superbia Jan 31 @ 7:32pm 
Originally posted by 糸恵:
obv that may be a key factor. considering when most people are on "holidays" they DO NOT WORK. HENCE BEING ON HOLIDAY. derp really some people just have no common sense.

How dare someone make a logical mistake based entierely on excitement/impatience for a game! HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN!! IT'S SIMPLY NOT POSSIBLE!!! Derp, some people are just bad at understanding situational circumstances and the capacity of human error. It can't be helped. ^_^
Last edited by Superbia; Jan 31 @ 7:33pm
5onic - S4 League Jan 31 @ 7:53pm 
Originally posted by 糸恵:

Erm, thanks for completely bashing my comment with out any given thought of what I meant. You make yourself look smarter by the day.

Now, I'm actually being serious, does it matter? If maiet gave valve a official date (let's say their holiday), can't valve just push out the game on that date? Would maiet really need to be there on the launch date?
Last edited by 5onic - S4 League; Jan 31 @ 7:53pm
JinNJuice Jan 31 @ 8:19pm 
Well, I think it'd be extremely rude if Valve didn't let their partners know that they want to release their partners' products.
Razzi Jan 31 @ 11:08pm 
Well one of the games that got greenlight was Aces Wild and it's awesome as hell. So... yeah...
Still waiting on GunZ 2, of course.
DotN.Jester Feb 1 @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by 糸恵:

Erm, thanks for completely bashing my comment with out any given thought of what I meant. You make yourself look smarter by the day.

Now, I'm actually being serious, does it matter? If maiet gave valve a official date (let's say their holiday), can't valve just push out the game on that date? Would maiet really need to be there on the launch date?
I'm not a expert on this kind of stuff but im pretty sure all that valve does is make the game downloadable from a store page and the original company HAS to be at work to turn the servers on and provide support for people once the game starts. Meaning if they arn't there to turn the servers on you will be able to download the game and launch it but you would try to login and probably be presented with something like this "Could not connect to the servers please try again later! Thanks!" Or something like that. Pretty sure thats how it works or atleast close.
Last edited by DotN.Jester; Feb 1 @ 1:50am
Naminim Feb 1 @ 1:18pm 
Loadout which was released a day ago is very similar to gunz. Both are are a F2P model 3rd person shooter in which you make money by playing the game to purchase more in game equipment and others. I think it's a well done game however i really hate the match making system and it can take a long time to actually search for, get in, and play a match.

That being said, both Gunz and Loadout being released at the same time wouldn't be good for anyone. It would split the potential community for both games having to choose between one or the other. Right now the servers for Loadout is overloaded so its hard to play atm but I think steam is making the right choice to delay gunz a little bit. Loadout has gotten some decent reviews and people should have the chance to experiment with it rather than have all all these new free games shoved down their throats. Maybe in a week when all the traffic dies down for Loadout, gunz can get its chance to shine.

But while were waiting I also recommend Aces Wild. Very high octane side scroller that will definitely test your reactions at really hectic moments
Akutare Feb 1 @ 1:43pm 
Their matchmaking servers are fairly overloaded at the moment with Loadout since it was just released, and I seriously doubt Steam is delaying anything because of them being a little similar. Plus even though they're both 3rd person shooters, I find them both to be fairly different games.

Loadout is fast paced, but feels too clunky to be, not to mention more based on your loadout (so maybe some comparisons to the first could be made) of weapons that you create yourself instead of classes. It's a decent game, but I like the way Gunz 2 feels more.
Last edited by Akutare; Feb 1 @ 1:46pm
5onic - S4 League Feb 1 @ 8:07pm 
With loadout being packed of players, I think it would of been better for gunz to come out so people can be playing that game in the mean time. If gunz keeps getting delayed, loadout will have less player base or more increase of their servers for players.
Showing 1-14 of 14 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50