This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
^Ðark^Argos Jan 27 @ 4:11pm
This is funny
So your waiting for the green light you say? Funny because i found a post from june stating that you have the greenlight.

*GunZ 2 has been greenlit!
13 JUNE, 2013 - MAIET GAMES
Dear fans,
We finally received Greenlight approval from Steam. We’re thrilled to share the news with you all. I’d like to deliver our sincere thank-you to all of you who voted for and supported us for the past 3 months. We couldn’t have done it without you.
We will be moving forward with launching English version of GunZ 2 on Steam first then gradually add more languages along the way. We will do our best to make the game available for you as quick as possible.

Once again, thank you very much.
- Team Innovative, MAIET Entertainment*

yet this is what you say now

*As of this week, we've cleared all of Steam release preparation tasks and the game is ready to go live. We are waiting for Valve’s green light for the release. Although we were hoping to be able to set a release date this week, I am afraid to announce that we will have to wait until review process is complete. However, I assure you all that we will set the earliest date possible for the release. *

Interesting indeed.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
糸恵 Jan 27 @ 4:23pm 
not interesting if all if you had a brain. lmao the game being greenlit and them waiting for the "green light" from valve are two complete different things. them getting greenlit just meant the game finally got enough votes to be able to make it on steam. that doesn't mean because the game has been "greenlit" it's ready to go. it just means you can expect to see it on steam when IT IS READY. them waiting for valves "green light" is obv a figure of speech as in they are waiting for valve to upload it into the data base etc. i mean it could be a lot more than JUST that reason but i think you looked into those messages a little too much. when a game gets "greenlit" by the community it just means it's had enough votes nd you will see the game on steam WHEN IT's READY. but it still takes time to get it actually on the steam client. because they have to work out the servers and linking it with steam itself to make it functional i admit it's taking way to long for it to come out but the whole waiting for valve to green light it is more like saying waiting for valve to give us the ok we're ready to start combining the two if you have worked out all of your issues (mainly because steam TRIES not to put games that will cause problems on their client) sometimes yes it does happen and they run into problems but this is why it MAY take a while because they try to make the transition as smooth as possible and as bugless as possible.but yah those are two complete different statements so not that interesting. lol <3
^Ðark^Argos Jan 27 @ 4:25pm 
*We finally received Greenlight approval from Steam* Cough*
› nyuu strigoi ☭ Jan 27 @ 4:29pm 
This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

*As of this week, we've cleared all of Steam release preparation tasks and the game is ready to go live. We are waiting for Valve’s green light for the release. Although we were hoping to be able to set a release date this week, I am afraid to announce that we will have to wait until review process is complete. However, I assure you all that we will set the earliest date possible for the release. * Essentially they're waiting for valve to say release it to the masses but, glad you know how to english. GOTSA LEARN DAT READIN ♥♥♥♥
~Kimbah~ Jan 27 @ 5:03pm 
It's probably a two stage approval process?.

I'm hoping Valve are taking a bit more time to ensure the quality-of-releases. Quite a few Greenlight games have been pretty mediocre (Not saying Gunz 2 is mediocre or any specific releases, but generally there have been products which are not up to par and still being updated/developed -- Yes I know a lot of MMOGs/MOBAs have an indefinite development time period.)

Just that there have been quite a few situations where Greenlight has come into conflict.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/02/09/valve-gabe-newell-steam-greenlight/
http://indiestatik.com/2013/07/21/valve-react-to-greenlight-criticism/
http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/2/4389106/paranautical-activity-dev-says-it-was-blocked-from-steam-due-to

Let alone dodgy developers:
http://kotaku.com/5969784/the-war-z-mess-every-crazy-detail-we-know-so-far

There has also been a lot of talk recently about "Early Access" and the problems associated with that as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyGbbIB5eaM
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/jimquisition/8681-Early-Access

But where is the accountability to the user? If the participant (which is what you are) is putting down money. It was recommended that the descriptions in Greenlight of what is delivered should be fairly accurate, so the user can make an informed decision about "What they are buying into.".

Also a lot of PC Gamers (and possibly console gamers) are heavily relying on multimedia (youtube) and looking for fair assessments of where they spend their next gaming income.

Which I also think is a very fair assessment of the situation. Whether you be making 80,000+ USD a year or 20,000 USD a year. It is a clear assessment that there needs to be a fair equation between value-for-money from the user's experience(s) to development cost from the developer.

Now that we've eliminated the publisher. The Community Manager has an even bigger task at hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9sHIQaFVC8

What I learnt from @Warframe @Firefall is that the developer & community managers having a roundtable discussion on Twitch TV or youtube channel about what is happening to the product/game environment/how they see things. What they can talk about and what they cannot talk about. What is coming down the pipeline.

So we have different levels. We have the youtube go-to user level where people assess if they want to invest in a product/luxury and we have the developer with a public spokesperson /representative for that company talking forward about what is happening with the gaming product environment

Whether this is a challenge for MAIET Entertainment or not we'll have to wait and see.
JinNJuice Jan 27 @ 5:13pm 
This isn't the only greenlit game that has yet to have a release.
Rainy Jan 27 @ 7:30pm 
Are you serious, lol valve is a company they don't play favorites there are tons of games they need to review and go through a long hellish process..
~Kimbah~ Jan 27 @ 7:49pm 
I'm more serious about the different aspects of the various systems presented in the post and I am interating what I've seen. Over the past 4 years. Also where potentially where we could do a bit better.
FatalX7 Jan 27 @ 9:31pm 
Originally posted by 糸恵:
the game being greenlit and them waiting for the "green light" from valve are two complete different things.

This. It shouldn't be difficult at all to understand.

Steam Greenlight is a program for games to make their way on Steam.

"Waiting for the green light" is an expression, or a term, or whatever you want to call it. Green light means 'Go', to give permission, etc.

"We are waiting for Valve’s green light for the release." Meaning that they are waiting for Valve's final authorization for the actual, public release of the game.

As simple as 1+1.
5onic Jan 28 @ 3:12am 
^dat offtopic advertisement
Necroscourge Jan 29 @ 9:53pm 
The best part is by what their facebook says they are bumping release to febuary because of a Korean holiday. That's right, the holiday of a region not waiting for the game influences us.

New rule: Korean release dates for all future Starcraft games must be extended if anybody famous and american died that day.
5onic Jan 30 @ 4:53am 
They failed to plan out the game properly, that's for sure. And I can't believe maiet can risk delaying the game any further.
iSmellFear Feb 3 @ 12:34am 
One was for greenlight APPROVAL, the most recent one is for greenlight RELEASE
Wolfhyrr Feb 3 @ 7:06am 
Originally posted by Necroscourge:
The best part is by what their facebook says they are bumping release to febuary because of a Korean holiday. That's right, the holiday of a region not waiting for the game influences us.

New rule: Korean release dates for all future Starcraft games must be extended if anybody famous and american died that day.

Your logic makes me wanna puke. Please dont breed.
SeraphLance Feb 3 @ 12:28pm 

Right, compare a small, South Korean independent developer to one of the largest game companies of all time. MAIET can't coordinate release for GunZ 2 because it's a national holiday over there, you know, they're quite literally out of the office. It's like labor day over in the states. Do you think Koreans would be right to complain if a small American company couldn't coordinate with someone like Hangame because of Labor Day?
Fulminate Feb 3 @ 3:43pm 
Originally posted by SeraphLance:

Right, compare a small, South Korean independent developer to one of the largest game companies of all time. MAIET can't coordinate release for GunZ 2 because it's a national holiday over there, you know, they're quite literally out of the office. It's like labor day over in the states. Do you think Koreans would be right to complain if a small American company couldn't coordinate with someone like Hangame because of Labor Day?

Just ignore him and let him complain about how he deserves the game no matter the circumstance.
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50