This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
Lord of The Lolis Jan 23 @ 9:46pm
Which character will you play?
Hey all. Personally, getting kind of bleh'd with all the chat on release and k-style hoo-hah...So I thought to make up something a tad more positive.

Which character do you plan to play (the most)

Any reasons why? Have you already played them in the EU server?

I plan to go for Gunslinger. Partly because I like the way she looks, and I kind of got hooked after I saw that Knockup->Grenade in the intro video. (Was looking at Silent Avenger, but I feel like that'll be too popular for my tastes)

So, let us discuss!
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Akutare Jan 23 @ 9:50pm 
Tried each of them in the TW version in closed lobbies with friends and I probably like the Shadow Dancer the most and probably going to play that or Gunslinger. I usually like Sniper characters in games but I don't think there's anyway I'd be able to track people moving as fast as they do in GunZ 2 reliably.

I just like the skills Assassin gets, the decoy giving a mind game type of feeling and the double hit combo is pretty much a guaranteed kill if you land both hits. Also just the feeling that if you get close you're extremely dangerous except against Shield Trooper, but even him if you find an opening seems like you can ruin their day. Only thing I hope is that they're going to have Revolvers available because I don't really like their pistols all that much since for one: I feel like a SMG is sort of pointless when you have dual pistols even without the right click and two: I feel like revolvers would be more comfortable.

Gunslinger would definitely be my second go to since I don't really like the weapons that the other two classes get, I'm sort of hoping a class comes out that gets shotguns and would probably play that as well.

Failing those two, I'd definitely probably go for Silent Avenger, since if anything you have a weapon for each range of combat, and with one of the weapons you can one shot on headshot except on Shield Trooper if you get the higher powered one but like I said I feel like it'd be really difficult to track people with the rifle. I just don't really like Shield trooper, he feels a bit clunky but I played with someone that played him really well and he's pretty scary if he's on to you.
Kye Jan 23 @ 11:01pm 
I've tried all of the characters available on the TW version too. I like the Silent Avenger the most, but the other characters are unique and interesting enough in their own way to encourage me to roll several of them.

It is difficult to line up shots with the sniper rifle if someone is dashing all over the place, however, if you can line up the crosshair dot prior to switching to marksmanship mode; It's an easy way to tag someone quickly.

I enjoyed the Shadow Dancer's air combos a bit, but I didn't enjoy the dual pistols.The Shield Trooper is my least liked of the bunch. I find that spewing flames all over the place and getting countless kills was decent, but not very enjoyable. There wasn't enough diversity in it for me. I also couldn't help but laugh at the character design. I mean.. he's just so beefy. In all honesty, I'll probably main a Silent Avenger, and keep a Gunslinger on the side. Nades are fun.
Akutare Jan 23 @ 11:28pm 
Originally posted by Kye:
It is difficult to line up shots with the sniper rifle if someone is dashing all over the place, however, if you can line up the crosshair dot prior to switching to marksmanship mode; It's an easy way to tag someone quickly.

I knew about the quickscoping type thing, but I still feel like with dodging and such it'd be a little difficult to get bodyshots, and even harder to get a headshot.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つAurakol Jan 23 @ 11:34pm 
I personally prefer shield trooper. While they are slower, they really make up for it in their power. Played right if you can get in someone's face their chance of survival plummets significantly.
Yi Jan 24 @ 1:53am 
I have no idea. Is it like a class or you can change it anytime you want? (Like Team Fortress)
Akutare Jan 24 @ 1:54am 
Originally posted by BAYKKON:
I have no idea. Is it like a class or you can change it anytime you want? (Like Team Fortress)

You can change classes in lobby, but in the TW version every class after the first one requires in game currency to buy (but you could easily buy all of them with the starting gold) but I don't think you can change class in game.
Yi Jan 24 @ 1:57am 
Originally posted by Akutare:
Originally posted by BAYKKON:

You can change classes in lobby, but in the TW version every class after the first one requires in game currency to buy (but you could easily buy all of them with the starting gold) but I don't think you can change class in game.
That's what I thought. I saw a first look from FreeMMOStation and I wondered if it's possible. thanks.
› nyuu strigoi ☭ Jan 24 @ 2:38am 
If shadow dancer is out, that and the gunslinger if not SA and gunslinger
Rainy Jan 24 @ 2:50am 
I personally am best with Gunslinger, however I think i favorite the SA the most, that is.. until they make a Rev class which we all know they will soon I think in gunz 1 they called that set up "Trivia Doctor" haha.
Lord of The Lolis Jan 24 @ 11:54am 
Interesting, seems to be a fairly nice spread from ya'll so far :p wonder how things will trend in the end
Shana Jan 24 @ 12:03pm 
Originally posted by Dreadful ✞:
I personally am best with Gunslinger, however I think i favorite the SA the most, that is.. until they make a Rev class which we all know they will soon I think in gunz 1 they called that set up "Trivia Doctor" haha.

I think the revolver is gonna be available to the fighter classes only - male fighter and female fighter(gunslinger), and addition to swords as well.
Necroscourge Jan 24 @ 12:29pm 
Originally posted by Dreadful ✞:
gunz 1 they called that set up "Trivia Doctor" haha.

Travia was the name of the place they hailed, I only remember this because I was nigh exclusively revolvers and shotguns for a large amount of time.
Murdafest Jan 27 @ 2:15pm 
I'll play whichever character uses shotgun that's the way I came into gunz, that's the way ill go out.
Mikedot Jan 27 @ 2:39pm 
I'll be playing all of them, but will be maining Shield Trooper and Shadow Dancer.
Kira Jan 29 @ 12:36am 
I think I'll probably be trying Shadow Dancer and Gunslinger.
Showing 1-15 of 42 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50