This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GunZ 2: The Second Duel
buggger12 Jan 21 @ 10:07pm
No K-Style
Since this is Gunz 2 not with K-style I have to say there will be like no skill. In this you can have no skill in win, but I think if you had skill you deserve to win, but you know you guys are loving that they got rid of k-style. But really, with out k-style everyone just going to be noobs. Cause all we're gonna do is spray with our machine guns, but in the old game, if you had skill you were going to dominate, which is good because forcing the (noobs) improve their game making better and better. so with just spraying and jumping/climbing walls all you are is a basic noob.
Showing 1-15 of 169 comments
< >
Reimi Saionji Jan 21 @ 10:12pm 
The melee here is harder than you think, I myself don't spray like majority does, and I can tell you I developed my kind of melee style that works just as good like kstyle but without glitching up the game.
Razzi Jan 21 @ 10:12pm 
Originally posted by buggger12:
Since this is Gunz 2 not with K-style I have to say there will be like no skill. In this you can have no skill in win, but I think if you had skill you deserve to win, but you know you guys are loving that they got rid of k-style. But really, with out k-style everyone just going to be noobs. Cause all we're gonna do is spray with our machine guns, but in the old game, if you had skill you were going to dominate, which is good because forcing the (noobs) improve their game making better and better. so with just spraying and jumping/climbing walls all you are is a basic noob.

I'm going to ask a simple question: Did you play the game at all, yet?
Mr. Satan Jan 21 @ 11:04pm 
I wont even bother reading another one of these..
buggger12 Jan 22 @ 1:54am 
Originally posted by Rahzzy:

I'm going to ask a simple question: Did you play the game at all, yet?
Um... Yeah i did, the Europe
buggger12 Jan 22 @ 1:55am 
Originally posted by Shana:
The melee here is harder than you think, I myself don't spray like majority does, and I can tell you I developed my kind of melee style that works just as good like kstyle but without glitching up the game.
The melee isn't harder it's easier, all you do is click.
LeonardoW Jan 22 @ 2:48am 
You must be a K-Style dork, just GTFO.
buggger12 Jan 22 @ 4:02am 
Originally posted by LeonardoW:
You must be a K-Style dork, just GTFO.
Like you haven't. Everyone who played it did and if you didn't you were one of those noobs standing around with their sword out just clicking and falling off the edge. Or you just don't know what k-style is
beastking Jan 22 @ 6:12am 
have you played the game? why did you decide to make yet nother stupid ♥♥♥♥ing k-style thread? k-style was an accidental, completely overrated and overpowered glitch and just because you could do it did not mean you had skill. *sigh* if you havent read by now its basically half and half on k-style or no, so if you want k-style so damn bad, go play a gunz private server because no one who has already played gunz 2 wants k-style. seriously. MAIET games probably doesn't get much respect from pubs because their first game was a giant glitch. they are a company and want to make fully fucnctional, and fully intentional games with little to no glitch. so people can look at MAIET and go "hey, they actually made a great game without hackers and glitches"
beastking Jan 22 @ 6:14am 
The melee isn't harder it's easier, all you do is click.
no, it differs on class. seems like you didnt play it enough to even know that. have you played the shadow dancer class?
Akutare Jan 22 @ 6:28am 
Oh hey, another thread about the lack of K-style and how it somehow means there's going to be no skill invovled because K-style was the only "Skill" you needed to play Gunz 1. It depends on the fun factor if a developer decides they want to embrace a glitched mechanic or not, and I think a majority of players probably found that K-style wasn't really that fun, especailly to fight against if they knew what they were doing.

If you're so worried about it, play Silent Avenger, his style is similar plus his Sniper rifle requires really good aim to be effective with everyone dashing around, it's far from easy.
Last edited by Akutare; Jan 22 @ 6:31am
FatalX7 Jan 22 @ 6:35am 
which is good because forcing the (noobs) improve their game making better and better.

Ha, what?

The way I remember it is a little more like this: Players who spammed k-style, while not doing a whole lot of anything else, were elitist and rude and held their "skill" over other players. New players couldn't compete, couldn't stand a chance and left the game.

Fun times.
Last edited by FatalX7; Jan 22 @ 6:38am
JinNJuice Jan 22 @ 8:19am 
Pray tell how K-Style was more good than bad. Then, you can make a "No K-Style rant" thread.
buggger12 Jan 22 @ 4:01pm 
Originally posted by FatalX7:
which is good because forcing the (noobs) improve their game making better and better.

Ha, what?

The way I remember it is a little more like this: Players who spammed k-style, while not doing a whole lot of anything else, were elitist and rude and held their "skill" over other players. New players couldn't compete, couldn't stand a chance and left the game.

Fun times.
Yes, but that also depends on the players fault. Since Gunz 1 was also split into lvl diffences, if you were a beginner you could actually get some skils cause not all of them were k-stylers then when you went up to higher lvls you actually should of started learning k-style, because you need it to win the matches. Even if you quest you need k-style.
Stefe Jan 22 @ 4:58pm 

All I got from this was:

I don't like change.
Axle Jan 22 @ 5:23pm 

Let me spell this out for you. Among both games, Gunz2 melee ranks the lowest in difficulty, reliability and strength. Even lower in depth than Gunz1 sword play when used without any glitches at all. You can't argue anything like "stealth" or ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ like that because it can all be applied to every form of attack regardless. I can headshot you to death just as easily as you can sneak behind me and slash. You complaining about "spraying" is laughable because it still requires one more action than gunz2 melee. Your melee also couldn't possibly be as good as "butterfly" because it's primary strength was it's safety. You spent a lot of time blocking making you immune to a majority of bullets and your opponent's slashes. You were able to attack and defend at the same time! However in gunz2 melee in order to attack you have to remove your block, leaving you incredibly vulnerable

The ranking in action required are:
1. K-Style actions required are (in no order and ignoring repeats): Jump, block, dash, slash, change weapon, aim cursor and fire.
2. Gunz2 gun play: Jump, dash, aim cursor and left click. Also alt fire.
3. Gunz1 melee (no glitches): Jump, dash, slash, block, charge weapon(from block), right click etc. It wasn't catch them once and get a kill but it was safer.
4. Gun2 melee: Jump, dash, block, left click and right click.

So say you're doing your ♥♥♥♥ with the sword and chasing me. You can only dash, jump, slash and block.

With a gun kiting you I can: Jump, dash and fire AND wall run. That's the most important thing. I can damage you while you chase me, but you are unable to. I can fire and avoid you to gain distance with the wall run but you cannot chase me while I'm there. You're forced to switch to gun but if that's the case then why were you using melee in the first place. It would be easier to show this if I sucked less but alas I don't play the game at full frame rate and I can't really aim anyways. I'm not a good person to execute my point since I suck.

Outside of a 1v1 situation, melee combos also are basically a self stun and allow bystanders to kill you and your target off easily. Gun play is always mobile and very hard to pin down even while it is attacking a player. Melee is only superior to a gun in closed 1v1 spaces where you have the element of surprise. That is a very rare situation.

In gunz2, melee is overall situational compared to gun play and should only be used sparingly. It's not something to be placed over gun play and as it stands is just a tool kit to deal with few situations. Which is why I believe SD and AV are weak classes compared to the other two because they're balanced based on stronger melee and are given inferior gun weapons to GS and ST.

I'm not agreeing with the topic creator in this post, I'm just annoyed how wrong you are. If anything the new angry elitist gunz2 thing to say should be "omg melee noob!!111!" rather than "spray noob!111!!".

I also have a question since I haven't really put the time into grinding cash on the Taiwan server (I mean the game is coming to steam soon whars the point). If you were to stalk up on maxed out HP gears would the SD's melee combo be unable to kill you? That's another risk of melee if it is the case. Your risk is already incredibly high and if your reward diminishes when players become stronger then what's the point.
Last edited by Axle; Jan 22 @ 5:55pm
Showing 1-15 of 169 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50