This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Dead State
fivestoogesinob Mar 29, 2013 @ 9:02pm
Just another zombie game!
Sorry guys but it's just another zombie game. Also, the quality of these zombie games are getting worse buy the day (controls and graphics). So no, I have nothing against the company and I never will. But if you want a little help selling your game, you might want to put a backround behind the DEAD STATE sign.
Showing 1-15 of 126 comments
< >
djkyonshi77 Mar 29, 2013 @ 11:24pm 
I think you're being to hard on them. They surely got more important steps to care about during the developement than putting a background behind the DS sign. They are not in the part of a full-fledged promotional campaign. I'm sure they will promote the game properly when the time has come.
Coconut Mar 30, 2013 @ 11:19am 
You're butthurt over their ♥♥♥♥in icon? Jesus dude get a life, this isnt a ♥♥♥♥ing triple A game, you arent going to see anything like Bioshock Infinite or CODBLOPS up in here. And by the fact that the icon interested me enough to open it, I'd say it delivers enough of a point.
PTSD: PRETTY THICK & STRONG DICK Mar 30, 2013 @ 12:45pm 
I agree with both DJkyon, and Perma, you have no proof or evidence to back up your claim "The quality of zombie games are getting worse "Buy" the day (controls and graphics)" If anything, it hits the nostalgia factor going off of... not necessarilly "retro" but nonetheless, as a key example being the original fallout series, now imagine that with zombies, and that is what the developers are offering in the sense of a zombie survival game. I think this has great potential and hope to see the best come forth out of the game, but Fivestoogesinob, you need to grow up a bit and seriously consider that getting a game on steam is something to be proud of, and shouldn't be taken lightly, instead of criticizing them for their "Dead state logog not having a background"
DjPuffnStuff Mar 30, 2013 @ 4:07pm 
Also just to note, Brian Mitsoda is a great writer. He has been attached to games with bad gameplay, but does his best for the story and it shows. Give that kinda guy that trys to make gold with crap his own game he can design and write for and have general control over? I think we are gonna get a quality game. Also the game isn't gonna be 60 dollars. It's an indie game, and he is even fielding questions about the game. So before you discard it, atleast give it a chance.
GrokMonkey Mar 30, 2013 @ 7:20pm 
Originally posted by fivestoogesinob:
Sorry guys but it's just another zombie game. Also, the quality of these zombie games are getting worse buy the day (controls and graphics)...

See, I understand being tired of the glut of zombie stuff in media, but to say that the controls and graphics of a game modeled after old-school CRPGs like Planescape and the first two Fallout games is putting the cart before the horse.

It'd be a challenge to find any turn-based CRPG that didn't have relatively bad graphics. If the game ended up shipping with the visuals in the preview video and screenshots, fans of the genre wouldn't generally hold that against the game or devs ("I wish the graphics were better, but oh well").

But those are showing off a relatively early WIP build, so the visuals will improve; even just spiffy lighting engine would make the current textures acceptable at the very least.
Darkfire Mar 30, 2013 @ 10:09pm 
This is going to be a fantastic zombie game, not driven by just run and gun or stand and kill hordes. It is going to be a compelling, story driven survival game that happens to feature zombies. Where graphics and such are not triple A, the writing and story will be. Give it a shot help green light it:)
fivestoogesinob Mar 31, 2013 @ 6:33am 
Well at least there is a storyline!!!
WitchZero Apr 1, 2013 @ 9:17am 
Looks good enough to me.
RaggaR8 Apr 1, 2013 @ 1:34pm 
This is gonna be fantastic game, I know it for sure.
Like the creators of this game, I am getting sick of games like RE and L4D (don't get me wrong, I like both of them)
The most terrible thing that has ever happened to zombie genre is The War Z...
Cipher88101 Apr 2, 2013 @ 4:06am 
As far as I'm concerned the dev companies need to keep at making these games until they get it right. Nobody has a finished zombie survival game that gets it all right, right now. Whoever does that is going to make some real profit. Unfortunately, we have to wade through stinkers like WarZ (if they are even allowed to keep that name) and a whole slew of games/mods trying to cash in on the 'zombie craze'. I knew in October when I saw them put zombies in a train simulator that ppl would start feeling like this. (sigh)
jack21222 Apr 2, 2013 @ 8:45am 
Most zombie games are about killing zombies. This is not such a game. Because of this, I don't think it makes sense to call it "just another zombie game." If you're aware of any other turn-based survival strategy games with RPG elements, let me know.
Kurzah Apr 2, 2013 @ 1:19pm 
Please list another game similar to this that has been released. I have a very hard time thinking of other games that is turn-based, survival-group management, realistic world survival/looting. Not only that but the game puts its own little spin on everything. In these kind of games, it's the little things that matter. Little things like having to break the door down because its locked, group luxuries, etc... Also worth noting, the games I DO think of that are similar, have some flaws. So maybe this game will up the bar.
Ratchet Lombax Apr 2, 2013 @ 1:48pm 
Come on who cares about Graphics, even though i agree on the background.
garravesh Apr 3, 2013 @ 3:16am 
I have played Fort Zombie for years now. This game is the sucessor( in spirit) to that game. I have waited for a long time to see another game like it. I hope you guys do not dissapoint me. I doubt it:)
Yasuky Kenchu Apr 3, 2013 @ 4:54pm 
All you say that the graphic's are bad. That's it. Not enough for me to agree with your complaint.

I highly disagree.
Showing 1-15 of 126 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50