This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Dead State
scabs Mar 22, 2013 @ 2:42pm
Multiplayer
Any plans for it?
Showing 1-15 of 78 comments
< >
Stoibs Mar 22, 2013 @ 3:04pm 
No - thank god.
From Kickstarter
"Unfortunately, that's outside the scope of our project (it would take a lot more money/people to do it). We are designing the narrative and systems for the single-player game. It is a single-player RPG that focuses on letting you play out your zombie apocalypse story. "

Glad they're not using our funding for some tacked on Multiplayer mode many people would be un-interested in anyway. Proper single player rpg experience here ;)
eddt Mar 22, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
Yeah - big "hell yea" for NO mutiplayer. No offense people, but some games are better single player!
cowbell Mar 22, 2013 @ 8:32pm 
I would have laughed at the griefing opportunities.
Cyanide Mar 23, 2013 @ 4:00pm 
The only "Multiplayer" that i think would be Viable for this game would be a Co-Op to where a friend brings their character in, Other than that there is no need for competition.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 23, 2013 @ 7:16pm 
I see a lot of requests in different games for multiplayer, but I seldom know how the person suggesting it imagines it or why they would think it would be fun.
Lordnine Mar 23, 2013 @ 7:30pm 
The majority of people asking for multiplayer in games like this want co-op friendly campaigns. Lots of games on the PC offer multiplayer but it is almost always some form of versus or horde mode which is rarely worth the effort. Unfortunately, true co-op is incredibly rare and in the few games that offer it, the majority of those only have local support, which defeats the purpose when released on a PC.
Running in the 90s Mar 23, 2013 @ 9:34pm 
Not every game needs multiplayer. If you want co-op multiplayer with zombies go buy Resident Evil 5/6 and Dead Rising 2/OTR.
Lordnine Mar 23, 2013 @ 10:55pm 
Not going to argue with the first part but both of those titles are action games. Variety in co-op game genres is nice.
Tornesol Mar 24, 2013 @ 10:33am 
This game should really be Co- Op. In my imo that is.
I would reeeeeeally like to play a game like this with my friend/friends. But no thanks to multiplayer!
dwayneotron Mar 24, 2013 @ 2:00pm 
Some games are built around a multiplayer or co-op experience, and some aren't. This game is a purpose-built single-player experience, and that was a big factor in what got me interested.
Perez Dispenser Mar 26, 2013 @ 3:38pm 
Too many people seem to be confusing multiplayer as Player vs. Player. While I understand that multiplayer is not being added on to this I don't see how anyone would oppose to being able to play this with a friend.
TOG Dio Mar 27, 2013 @ 2:03am 
It could be a good multiplayer. I do agree that it wont be for all people but two people base expanding maybe separetly, searching for survivors, helping eachother, sharing rations, sharing tasks or the same. Could be fun.
WillowTheFawn Mar 27, 2013 @ 7:30am 
From what i could tell this game does seem a bit slow paced for a multiplayer aspect which i dont mind at all. But i do wish co-op was in the cards because i would like to play with my boyfriend or friends.
luckz Mar 27, 2013 @ 10:04am 
I don't see how coop would hurt this game, besides requiring the developers to employ/write a competent engine with functional network synchronisation and those things.
RaggaR8 Mar 29, 2013 @ 6:06am 
I don't care if there is multiplayer. I'd just play single player...
Showing 1-15 of 78 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50