This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Divekick
doc Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:32pm
YOU ARE ALL FREE NOW*
*at least these chumps. Note: some pretty rough spelling is about to be thrown at you. Look at the face of those who have lost souls to Divekick already.

[this is what f2p tf2ers actually believe]

Originally posted by Mogg:
Wow, talking about making a bad streetfighter game. No way in hell I'd touch this.
Originally posted by Sarcastic Potato:
seems too mutch like street fighter
Originally posted by darth_blunted:
No thanks! I thought World Heroes was bad!
Hey thanks for playing "I don't get it", where the only prize is more ignorance.

Originally posted by A Yellow Pikmin Linux:
Flash-based much?
Looks way too simplistic and not fun enough for me to pay for. Maybe if it was a free flash gme on ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥, but for money on steam? No.
Originally posted by Zuraspus:
looks like one of those flash games made by the thousands for websites no thanks
Originally posted by Shadowfoot:
Lazy game dev
Looks like Divekick's number is up, someone figured out this was being programmed in flash!

Wait it's not?? But... but they use colors, and there isn't 3D!!!!!!

Originally posted by *_MAX_HAX_*:
stop with the joke games this fake junk
Originally posted by Tenka:
Ok I get that this is supposed to be funny .. but this looks far too ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ for steam. Thumbs down, sorry.
This game is funny, much like your posting.

Originally posted by Fire Walk With Me:
Not worth money.
Originally posted by SkeletonBob:
Meh. This joke isn't worth my money. It might be if there was more to the entire game than one move that is realistically impossible without momentum.
A sound financial choice, yes.

Originally posted by Dover:
I take it that this is supposed to be one of those "it's so stupid it's cool" things. Having said that, this is the stupidest crap I have ever seen (not in a cool way, just stupid).
Originally posted by Enemy Unknown:
Jesus Christ! Does it can go worser then the point we are yet? It can! Every day there are games at greenlit who top the trash from the day before. ôO
Does it get any worse than your spelling or is this the peak of entertainment you'll be providing today?

Originally posted by H3LLxR4Z3R:
four characters and the combat consists of the first to kick the other wins? ....nope.
Were you just reading the feature list or... ?

Originally posted by Chaosprower:
What the...if the characters are K.O.'d in just 1 hit, why even have a life bar? I think the main selling point here is that in the screenshots it looks like an actual fighting game so some uninformed people will bite.
And even if the battle wouldn't be over in 1 hit, it would be very boring because there's only one move and the battles would be ridiculous.
There are mobile and even Flash games with more deep than this. This doesn't belong in Steam.
I thought it couldn't get any better than this kid until Gorlom showed up in the comments (multiple times) to drop this nugget:

Originally posted by Gorlom [Swe:
This looks soo horrible. :(

Does 1 hit really kill all the life? Every hit whether its a "head shot" (ugh such horrible termenology when not actually shooting anything) or not takes all the life. There is no point to haveing a life bar. Please tell me this is a joke submission.
Saved the best for last. #bringactualheadshotstodivekick2013

All posts were (for some reason) posted on the Divekick greenlight comments section.
Last edited by doc; Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:45pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
doc Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
THIS IS WHY SMASH BROTHERS ADDED TRIPPING.

BECAUSE THERE ARE PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO HONESTLY BELIEVE THESE THINGS THEY'VE TYPED.

HOW.
Gorlom[Swe] Mar 28, 2013 @ 3:42am 
To be fair it is a joke (well parody) :p just not a joke submission.

doc you are being a bit elitist. Not everyone get every one of the divekick injokes and even if people do get the jokes the game still might not appeal to them.
Maldito Sllypper Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:48am 
This game is freaking amazing. I don't know what the hell you people are talking about. You only get to lose by judging how fun a game is based on its graphics or simplicity.
The best thing for this game right now would be a same-keyboard multiplayer playable demo.
Last edited by Maldito Sllypper; Mar 28, 2013 @ 10:48am
doc Mar 28, 2013 @ 2:10pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
To be fair it is a joke (well parody) :p just not a joke submission.

doc you are being a bit elitist. Not everyone get every one of the divekick injokes and even if people do get the jokes the game still might not appeal to them.
I SHALL QUENCH MY ELITIST RAGE WITH THE TEARS OF THOSE WHO HAVE FALLEN BEFORE ME.
Lulu Apr 6, 2013 @ 1:35am 
FOOT DIVE
Tong po Apr 16, 2013 @ 1:21am 
ppl who bag this clearly dont play umvc3 and have no fighting game skills at all!!! YOLO FOOT DIVE
doc Apr 16, 2013 @ 10:11am 
Originally posted by Seve Ballesteros:
ppl who bag this clearly dont play umvc3 and have no fighting game skills at all!!! YOLO FOOT DIVE
As important and relevant as YOLOFOOTDIVE is, you don't even need to play Marvel to enjoy the appeal of this game. It's a fighting game that is about nothing but mindgames and position.

It's Joust++
Tong po Apr 17, 2013 @ 5:42am 
Leg jousting omg this could become a real sport i think u are onto something doc!!!! u just took DIVE KICK to a new lvl :D i can just see it now men thrown off horses onto trampolines however they have their legs in a cast so its totally stiff and straight then the bounce into the air and whoever doesnt die or break a limb wins!!!
Last edited by Tong po; Apr 17, 2013 @ 5:42am
That Guy Apr 20, 2013 @ 11:43am 
Originally posted by doc:
It's Joust++

exactly . its joust ... and joust sucks. so by the trasitive property divekick sucks or if you like basic math then : joust gameplay + guiltygearish sprites = fail
Last edited by That Guy; Apr 20, 2013 @ 11:43am
doc Apr 20, 2013 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by NoOne:
Originally posted by doc:
It's Joust++

exactly . its joust ... and joust sucks. so by the trasitive property divekick sucks or if you like basic math then : joust gameplay + guiltygearish sprites = fail
How does it feel?

Knowing you're living a life of LIES and DECEIT?
Cali Road King Apr 22, 2013 @ 1:57pm 
Lol... How does Joust Suck? I love that game.
You are doing god's work sir.
Rhymenoceros Apr 25, 2013 @ 7:11pm 
IT'S NO CLAYFIGHTER 63 1/3 THAT'S FOR SURE
I am going to play this 80 hours a week for a year when I get my hands on this. I'm calling it already: Best fighting game of all time.

1) Dive Kick
2) Killer Instinct
3) SSB (any)
4) Soul Caliber 2
5) WWF Attitude
doc Apr 26, 2013 @ 11:35am 
(you realize only 2 of those are real fighting games, and of the two Killer Instinct is a distant second)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 29 comments
Per page: 15 30 50