This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Ethereal Galaxy Interplanetary Space Combat
Vikingblade Jun 6, 2013 @ 3:38am
Galactic Map and Mini Map
I had a play around with the prototype last night. Great start. I like how you can walk around ships and access terminals. The warp speed method of travel is fun !

When I was buzzing around the galaxy I thought it would be essential to imolement a main galaxy map containing an overview of the whole galaxy and where the player is located. It could be zoomable so that you can view down to the nearest systems and also view the whole system you are in. I thought it would be cool if you could implement a mini map somewhere on the game screen so that you have an idea of where you are in a given system.

You've probably got something like this planned already but I thought I would suggest it anyway.

Procedural generated games are my favourite btw, especially space based ones as there is so much content you can potentially create with the technique. I'm watching this one ;-).
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Vikingblade Jun 6, 2013 @ 3:41am 
I've also just donated to the game, good luck !
imerso  [developer] Jun 6, 2013 @ 4:41am 
Hey, thank you! Yes, a map is in the todo list, but also thanks for suggesting as this shows that this feature will be nice to have. I posted some info here: http://www.etherealgalaxy.com/forum/index.php/topic,25.0.html
Vikingblade Jun 7, 2013 @ 2:57am 
Ok, looks good. How many star systems will there be in the galaxy ?
imerso  [developer] Jun 7, 2013 @ 9:27am 
Theoretically, the underlying code could manage billions stars with planets and still be realtime without any additional loading screen. In practice, the current prototype has only 16 stars and about 50 planets. And in the prototype, I approximated everything to make it easier for people to see them and navigate, but they could be very distant one from the other.
Last edited by imerso; Jun 7, 2013 @ 10:59am
Vikingblade Jun 8, 2013 @ 11:24am 
Billions of stars would be fantastic especially if you can make procedural missions and content to fill it with. There's endless possibilities in a vast environment like that.
IIDeCiMuSII Jun 8, 2013 @ 11:49am 
is there some other way to test this game out besides on the main website
imerso  [developer] Jun 9, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
Next version will be released this week yet, with improvements. Thanks for the interest!
imerso  [developer] Jun 9, 2013 @ 2:24pm 
Also from the next version (0.9.0.3) on, there will be no version disabling anymore (at least for local play), it'll continue working even after I start working in the next release. Special thanks to the people who are donating, please dont worry, you'll have access to any released version, and starting from 0.9.0.3, no more disables.
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50