This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Shovel Knight
Yacht Club Games  [developer] Mar 12 @ 2:02pm
Controller Bindings - A Call To Arms!
Hello everyone!

Supporting controllers on PCs still is a pain for some reason. However, you can help! Each controller that you enter in the form below, we can make automatically work with Shovel Knight on Steam and PC!

Controller Support Form

Here are the controllers we have so far:
Controller Binding Database

Thank you for your help!
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
pedrozxdmega Mar 12 @ 3:33pm 
in the options of the game,i can switch the buttons of the controls,like arrows for wasd?
pedrozxdmega Mar 12 @ 3:37pm 
other question:Plague Knight is a reference for the Plague Doctor or SCP-049 yeah?
Yacht Club Games  [developer] Mar 12 @ 7:47pm 
Originally posted by pedrozxdmega:
in the options of the game,i can switch the buttons of the controls,like arrows for wasd?

Yes that's right. The game will have in-game keybinding support. This is only for default controller bindings and detecting your device right out of the gate.

Originally posted by pedrozxdmega:
other question:Plague Knight is a reference for the Plague Doctor or SCP-049 yeah?
For Plague Knight, we originally started off the with the concept of an "explosion themed knight". For the longest time the title was "Dyna Knight", but once he got to the concept phase the art began to move more toward an alchemy and "crazed science" theme. I'm not sure on the specifics of the plague mask itself though...
King of the Hobos Mar 17 @ 6:48am 
Please add Razer Onza and Razer Sabertooth
Mechanical Paladin Jun 1 @ 5:43am 
How many buttons does this game use?
I have a NES and SNES controllers and I preferably want to use the NES controller to play this game.
Yacht Club Games  [developer] Jun 2 @ 1:28pm 
Originally posted by King of the Hobos:
Please add Razer Onza and Razer Sabertooth

Unfortunately, we're unable to test the proper bindings because we lack these physical controllers in-house. If you would like to submit your bindings then we can ensure that this controller is available for everyone to use--forever!

Originally posted by Mechanical Paladin:
How many buttons does this game use?
I have a NES and SNES controllers and I preferably want to use the NES controller to play this game.

You'll be right at home with an NES controller as we wanted Shovel Knight to only require 8 inputs-- 4 directions, 4 buttons (A,B,Start,Select). There are some options for binding multiple buttons and a toggle for a 5th input button if that's more your thing though!
Samus2008 Jun 12 @ 12:25am 
Xbox 360 controller support?
Yacht Club Games  [developer] Jun 12 @ 8:54pm 
Originally posted by Samus2008:
Xbox 360 controller support?
Got you covered there! PS4 too!
JUMP'N'SHOOT MAN Jun 19 @ 12:24pm 
I see there is support for Logitech F710 Gamepad, however I have a Logitech Gamepad F310. Will it still work? And if not can you make support for it?
sersitan Jun 26 @ 7:49am 
you guys are just awesome!
Yacht Club Games  [developer] Jun 29 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by JUMP'N'SHOOT MAN:
I see there is support for Logitech F710 Gamepad, however I have a Logitech Gamepad F310. Will it still work? And if not can you make support for it?
We need your help to support it! If you would like to submit your bindings then we can ensure that this controller is available for everyone to use--forever!

https://docs.google.com/a/yachtclubgames.com/forms/d/1JQAYOEypqLg8HLNf04kg6pOrVpzySNZ0DfQNgmNzcww/viewform
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50