Ця гра тепер доступна у Steam!

Дякуємо за те, що допомогли цій грі потрапити до крамниці Steam. Детальнішу інформацію, в тому числі посилання на сторінку в крамниці, ви можете знайти нижче.

Tower of Guns
Jur ツ 15 чер 2013 о 14:33
Multiplayer/Co-op?
Any chance?
Показані коментарі 110 із 10
< >
blankslatejoe  [розробник] 15 чер 2013 о 18:56 
I think multiplayer and/or Co-op would be REALLY awesome..and I've got some neat ideas about how to make it unique..however given that it's just me developing the game, that would probably be a bit too much for me to handle. I have to be really careful about spreading myself too thin even as it is. Sorry, Jur.
[NP'S] JacobMIX (DK) 26 чер 2013 о 9:16 
sad this looks like it could be really fun with multiple people
NumbMetal 20 лип 2013 о 12:54 
Make this a thing!
The Juan and only 28 лип 2013 о 16:17 
Цитата допису blankslatejoe:
I think multiplayer and/or Co-op would be REALLY awesome..and I've got some neat ideas about how to make it unique..however given that it's just me developing the game, that would probably be a bit too much for me to handle. I have to be really careful about spreading myself too thin even as it is. Sorry, Jur.

I can understand the work load, and how it is only you doing it, however, if it helps motivate, sometimes it's better to take extra time to add in features/ideas you like and delay the release, rather than leave a few things out of your vision in order to get it out as quickly as possible. I'm sure people will gladly wait a bit longer if it means giving you the time to implement something like co-op problem free.

That's just my opinion however, maybe the community could back me up in saying we would patiently wait, or maybe they'll be fine without it, I can't speak for everyone.
Unclekulikov 5 сер 2013 о 14:34 
I would be willing to pay extra for this feature, either as a separate pack later or if it's included with the game's initial release. The more players allowed, the more I'd be willing to pay for it.
blankslatejoe  [розробник] 11 сер 2013 о 11:17 
To go into a bit more detail, multiplayer is a bit of a technically complicated issue: I may not even be skilled enough (yet) to do it properly, given that I've never even touched Unreal's netcode and I'm sure 99% of my stuff is not coded with replication in mind. So, Multiplayer would involve a lot (like, months) of research first, and then it might mean re-writing much/most of the game code.

I am grateful you guys are so patient and would wait for CoOp/mplayer, but I'm not sure *I* could wait for it (or afford it!). I'm trying not to rush what I have, but prior to Tower of Guns I was working on a big-budget game (in the big leagues) that was superhuge in scope, but failed to get the funding to see that scope through to completion, resulting in 5 years of work being, well, tossed. Learning from the mistakes I witnessed (or made, in some cases) at that company, I am very concerned about overinvesting myself. My mantra for ToG is "start small, I have no shortage of ideas of things to add later." :-)

So, thank you for supporting ToG--Hopefully post-release I'll be able to deliver some of the awesome ideas I've had to put on a backburner. :)
SwankySc4mz 30 вер 2013 о 19:39 
I think you should do what you can. I am for sure, even if no co-op getting day one release. I also can't wait to see if there becomes a modding community but it looks awesome so far, good job.
GoneIn60LastHits 2 жов 2013 о 21:58 
Do what you can. Just look at Terraria. It is MASSIVE in scope now with the latest patch that just hit yesterday.
Sgt.Psycho 12 жов 2013 о 20:39 
Just me putting my oar in.

No offense to you Jur, but I hate it when people look at a project and ask for multiplayer off the bat. It's significantly harder, and adds a order of magnitude more work. There's a good thread about this and game developement over here.

Short story, I'd rather have an awesome single player game than an average one that does SP and MP 'okay'. I like it even less if one mode is worse than the other.

With this game in particular, there are problems because not every player moves at the same speed. Imagine playing Gauntlet with characters that can out race you and take all the good stuff, leaving you with the monsters. The guns are also so gratuitous that TK/FF is inevitable and will lead to more angst.

I won't say it's impossible, but I think there's some significant challenges to overcome before this can happen.
DIMREAPER 18 лис 2013 о 2:00 
Multiplayer would be great, but i'd rather have a singleplayer game i can play rather than a game with multiplayer thats still in development.

Keep up the good work blankslatejoe, game is awesome and i cant wait for more!
Показані коментарі 110 із 10
< >
На сторінку: 15 30 50