Detta spel är nu tillgängligt på Steam!

Tack för din hjälp med att detta spel ska väljas till att distribueras via Steam. Mer information, bland annat en länk till butikssidan, kan hittas nedan.

Tower of Guns
McMarius11 24 mar, 2013 @ 3:30pm
why no Linux?
Topic
Visar 1-6 av 6 kommentarer
< >
Zikronious 24 mar, 2013 @ 6:16pm 
Small user base. The game is being made by one dude, it would increase the dev time to troubleshoot Linux problems and hardly be worth it. I would rather see dev spend more time polishing the game and bring to Linux/OS X after Windows release.
McMarius11 24 mar, 2013 @ 7:10pm 
ah okay thanks for the info ;)
blankslatejoe  [utvecklare] 25 mar, 2013 @ 3:33pm 
Hi McMarius. I'd love to be able to build a linux port, but the technology I'm using doesn't make it easy...It might even be impossible for a one-man outfit like myself. Philosophically, I think it's important to get more stuff on linux, as I love the idea of such an open platform... but I don't think it's gonna be able to happen for this game. Sorry :-(
McMarius11 25 mar, 2013 @ 4:00pm 
ok i understand thanks for answering my question...
yeah our using UE3 and it does not support Linux at this state, i hope they will support linux on some day when they do you can port it easily to linux :)
your game still looks very interessting and im looking forward to play it ;)
LariscusObscurus 27 jul, 2013 @ 2:46pm 
Dungeon Defenders uses the Unreal 3 engine and it runs fine on Linux.
I hope you reconsider your descision, Linux gaming needs more developer support.
nxxs[GER] 6 okt, 2013 @ 12:57am 
I seem to remember Epic promising the Linux community a version for their platform when Epic released Unreal Tournament 3, but that hasnt happened yet either.

Personally i think the small userbase argument is a cop out. Build it and they will come. Best example are the humble bundles, where Linux users on average paid 40% more than Windows users, showing there is a market there willing to pay a premium for games.

The too much work for one guy argument is valid however. Lets hope the developer gets contacted by a few savvy linux geeks capable of porting this soon.
Visar 1-6 av 6 kommentarer
< >
Per sida: 15 30 50