Dit spel is nu beschikbaar op Steam!

Bedankt voor je hulp bij het selecteren van dit spel voor distributie via Steam. Meer informatie, waaronder een link naar de Steam-winkelpagina, kan hier onder gevonden worden.

Tower of Guns
McMarius11 24 mrt 2013 om 3:30nm
why no Linux?
Topic
1-6 van 6 reacties weergegeven
< >
Zikronious 24 mrt 2013 om 6:16nm 
Small user base. The game is being made by one dude, it would increase the dev time to troubleshoot Linux problems and hardly be worth it. I would rather see dev spend more time polishing the game and bring to Linux/OS X after Windows release.
McMarius11 24 mrt 2013 om 7:10nm 
ah okay thanks for the info ;)
blankslatejoe  [ontwikkelaar] 25 mrt 2013 om 3:33nm 
Hi McMarius. I'd love to be able to build a linux port, but the technology I'm using doesn't make it easy...It might even be impossible for a one-man outfit like myself. Philosophically, I think it's important to get more stuff on linux, as I love the idea of such an open platform... but I don't think it's gonna be able to happen for this game. Sorry :-(
McMarius11 25 mrt 2013 om 4:00nm 
ok i understand thanks for answering my question...
yeah our using UE3 and it does not support Linux at this state, i hope they will support linux on some day when they do you can port it easily to linux :)
your game still looks very interessting and im looking forward to play it ;)
LariscusObscurus 27 jul 2013 om 2:46nm 
Dungeon Defenders uses the Unreal 3 engine and it runs fine on Linux.
I hope you reconsider your descision, Linux gaming needs more developer support.
nxxs[GER] 6 okt 2013 om 12:57vm 
I seem to remember Epic promising the Linux community a version for their platform when Epic released Unreal Tournament 3, but that hasnt happened yet either.

Personally i think the small userbase argument is a cop out. Build it and they will come. Best example are the humble bundles, where Linux users on average paid 40% more than Windows users, showing there is a market there willing to pay a premium for games.

The too much work for one guy argument is valid however. Lets hope the developer gets contacted by a few savvy linux geeks capable of porting this soon.
1-6 van 6 reacties weergegeven
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50