This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Darkwood
georgli Apr 7, 2013 @ 5:02pm
Accessibility?
On behalf of hundred of thousands of possible customers, disabled gamers such as myself, I would like to ask you to make the game as accessible as possible.

Is there a chance that you make the game playable with the option to only use one (!) mouse button? That would be awesome news for a lot of disabled gamers. If need be there would be the option to hold down the mouse button a little longer to have it perform a right click.

Since the game depends heavily on audio cues it would be cool to make them readable. For example through flashing edges of the screen and a discriptive word like for example growling, whispering, scratching, rattling, hissing and the likes. That would make your game accessible for those who cannot hear.

Many are not able to use mouse and keyboard at the same time which is the reason why they want to be able to have their figure run where the pointer is clicking. An example how it is done in a very fluent way is Guildwars1 (not 2).
A solution for your game might be to have the player avatar look where the pointer is and to move either by clicking the floor or by holding down the mouse and make the avatar constantly follow the pointer until the button is seleased.
The first method would allow for looking freely around after the direction of the movement has been given by clicking on the floor.

There is a big foundation that is working with gamers and game developers to make games more accessible for the disabled. Some months ago they released information and suggestions on how to do that. Here's the link to the brochure: http://www.includification.com/

I know this sounds tather like a lot but I think it's worth it. I'm already a fan of Darkwood.
Yours sincerely, sad
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
The Acid Wizard  [developer] Apr 29, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
Hello! Sorry for the late reply, I didn't notice this discussion earlier! Thanks for bringing this issue up, we will definately research more into this because we don't have experience in making controls more accessible to disabled gamers.

We're trying to use as little buttons as possible and are already using single and long clicks for the mouse I'm afraid.. We could do some beta-testing with you on this topic - please add me to friends so I can send you some info via PM ;)
georgli May 4, 2013 @ 3:48pm 
Now that's cool to hear! I'm definitely here for you if I can be of assistance. Looking forward to hear from you.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50