Ce jeu a été Greenlighté par la communauté !

La communauté a montré son intérêt pour ce jeu. Valve a contacté ce développeur afin de préparer la sortie de ce jeu sur Steam.

Darkwood
The Acid Wizard  [développeur] 14 mar 2013 à 4h07
Questions / FAQ
Hey there!
If you have any questions about Darkwood or even The Acid Wizard himself, ask away here! Be sure to check out the FAQ page: http://www.darkwoodgame.com/faq/ before posting a question here to see if it hasn't already been answered.
Dernière modification de The Acid Wizard; 19 juil à 2h29
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 148
< >
Arkhometha 14 mar 2013 à 12h31 
Will you release a non steam version of this game? If so, what other distributors/portals are you thinking to go with?
Dernière modification de Arkhometha; 14 mar 2013 à 12h33
The Acid Wizard  [développeur] 14 mar 2013 à 12h59 
As gamers we only had experience with Steam and GOG (who already got in touch with us) and want Darkwood to get distributed by them. Several other publishers approached us, but we can't confirm anything yet. There probably will also be a possibility to buy Darkwood directly at our site through the Humble Store.
NessOfDoom 15 mar 2013 à 22h06 
Are you planning to add different difficulty levels? I really like the game, it looks awesome. However, I would love to be able to play a non-permadeath mode of it hehe.
The Acid Wizard  [développeur] 16 mar 2013 à 2h32 
We aren't planning a non-permadeth mode at the moment, sorry!
Bill 16 mar 2013 à 13h34 
How rare will firearms and ammo be?
.Harkness 16 mar 2013 à 23h26 
d_carson a écrit :
Are you planning to add different difficulty levels? I really like the game, it looks awesome. However, I would love to be able to play a non-permadeath mode of it hehe.

I'd think a simpler/easier mode to get the hang of the controls/mechanics would greatly benefit many, myself included. I like these types of games but I'm pants at most because the level required is just a tad too much. A system like what was recently put into Don't Starve to have custom settings for the world/game to make certain parts somewhat easier or harder on a slider could satisfy many. Unless the game has an increasing difficulty like Don't Starve so you have a few days before the really bad things start coming, to get the hang of things.
The Acid Wizard  [développeur] 17 mar 2013 à 2h49 
@Bill pretty rare, it mainly depends on how far you have ventured into the forest and.. luck!

@Harkness we want the player to be able to pace the gameplay himself, so if you will be passive, some enemies won't really care about you. But if you anger the other inhabitants of Darkwood that would normally keep to themselves, they will come after you!
Dernière modification de The Acid Wizard; 17 mar 2013 à 4h05
Cherry Jello 18 mar 2013 à 4h34 
Will you be able to interact with certain creatures/people?
The Acid Wizard  [développeur] 18 mar 2013 à 6h28 
Yes! As you can see in the trailer, there will be various characters with whom you can talk to. Some of them will also be able to trade with you.
Arkhometha 18 mar 2013 à 17h36 
Thanks a lot for the answers! I'm going to either buy directly from you guys or from GOG. I love the choice of graphics, especially because it sets the tone (it's more creepy) of the game more than pixelated graphics like from Project Zomboid.

Do you guys considered including the need for eat, drink and sleep like an optional mode? While I understand the choice of not putting them in, I'd love to have that option on the game.
Also, do you guys plan on making the game mod-friendly i.e. could I mod these basic needs in?
Allivan 18 mar 2013 à 18h10 
What I would love to see from this game is am emphasis on setting, mood, and its equivalents of music and ambience. I love what you all have done so far and if this keeps it up, it will be an instant purchase from me when it comes out.

Questions? Oh yes, I've seen pictures of several denizens of the woods, but how about companions/pets/factions? Anything along the lines of maybe bribing a group of shadows with a gallon of gas a day to protect you during the night, or having an ally set up defenses while you are scrounging around?

Edit: Haha, or maybe the ally locks you out because he is scared about the lights being out at night and can't tell if you are his friend, or a beast looking for a tasty snack?
Dernière modification de Allivan; 18 mar 2013 à 18h12
.Harkness 18 mar 2013 à 23h24 
Allivan a écrit :
What I would love to see from this game is am emphasis on setting, mood, and its equivalents of music and ambience. I love what you all have done so far and if this keeps it up, it will be an instant purchase from me when it comes out.

Questions? Oh yes, I've seen pictures of several denizens of the woods, but how about companions/pets/factions? Anything along the lines of maybe bribing a group of shadows with a gallon of gas a day to protect you during the night, or having an ally set up defenses while you are scrounging around?

Edit: Haha, or maybe the ally locks you out because he is scared about the lights being out at night and can't tell if you are his friend, or a beast looking for a tasty snack?

A lot of what you've said sounds very interesting. Maybe the ally will board up the door once it gets to night unless you've built up enough... 'relation'/xp/trust, etc so you can able to convince them to let you in or just brute force your way in but have to watch out because of the noise and their reaction. There would have to be pretty clear indications of what kind of person it is but then again you ARE trusting someone to not use up large portions of resources or run off in terror when you're out. Kind of like in PZ if the person that was the cause for holing up in that house only hurt themselves and could eventually, given resources to make a crutch or healing stuff, be able to slowly fortify the place and setup defenses.
Razerzoom 19 mar 2013 à 7h56 
I dont know if its true, but my friend said that (he was not sure)but you need a amount of votes to get accepted is that true ? ( or is it just a tip to steam to show that they gonna sell the game if they put it on steam) of course there is alot of other work but .... :-) just want to know what the vote`s is for xD
Dernière modification de Razerzoom; 19 mar 2013 à 8h01
The Acid Wizard  [développeur] 19 mar 2013 à 9h32 
@Arkhometha We want to focus on the atmosphere and story rather than adding more advanced survival features like eating and sleeping - there are going to be stuff that you will have to keep an eye on like the gasoline level of the generator which you see in the trailer.
As for modding, it would be pretty awesome to add such capability but I guess we would add that after the game is released, so can't confirm that at this time.

@Allivan Cool suggestions! There are going to be allies but not in a traditional "companion" way - they won't follow you around and be at your command, but will help you in different ways. It would be very difficult to program a good AI behavior in a open, non-linear world for such buddies who would not spoil the atmosphere, which is our top priority.

@.Harkness pretty much everyone in Darkwood will despise the protagonist.. But also will have their own interests, which sometimes may be in common with the player's ;)

@Razerzoom yeah, we need to get tons of votes if Darkwood is to get published on Steam!
toonarmy36 19 mar 2013 à 14h12 
Hey will this game have a ending if so will it have a survival/endless mode???
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 15 sur 148
< >
Par page : 15 30 50