Ця гра була схвалена спільнотою!

Спільнота продемонструвала свою зацікавленість цією грою. Valve зв’язалися з розробником та розпочали підготовку до релізу гри у Steam.

Darkwood
Sicko 12 бер 2013 о 21:04
Questions going unanswered?
I posted the following and never got a answer.... let alone the developer has no responded to anything except first post.

If developer isn't taking steam campaign serious ... how can they take the game serious?
====================================

I noticed you did reference insipiration from project zomboid (which is what I was thinking as I watched the trailer)It is all great to make a survival game ... but really have not seen anything yet that sets this apart from its "inspirations".

The UI and most items just screamed to me project zomboid in top down instead of isometric.
So what unique feature is there that sets it apart of course apart from the story which obviously will be different?

In top down games controls can be aweful... (Reference Notrium for instance great game aweful controls) how is your controls setup ? Point-click? WASD? Turning?

I noticed you are using FOV will fov also be limited in range? Darkness ect? The video shows somewhat a different story.

I am fan of survial games but not sure on this...

Показані коментарі 17 із 7
< >
Captain Wardark 12 бер 2013 о 21:15 
well the to be honest mate, the posting bit is for *what you think about the game* like when you click yes, it says now tell us why you like it... other than that, I would send the developer a personal e-mail if you want a anser :D or maybe, go to the forums i bet they got them somewhere around here XD http://www.acidwizardstudio.com/
Sicko 12 бер 2013 о 21:16 
Цитата допису The Messiah:
well the to be honest mate, the posting bit is for *what you think about the game* like when you click yes, it says now tell us why you like it... other than that, I would send the developer a personal e-mail if you want a anser :D or maybe, go to the forums i bet they got them somewhere around here XD http://www.acidwizardstudio.com/

Actually if the developer doesn't answer within a day or two my ask me later instantly goes to "No" as well as yours should.
The Acid Wizard  [розробник] 13 бер 2013 о 3:47 
Hey there! The thing is, I'm the only guy on the team that can write proper english, and I've been out of the country for the past week so didn't really have time to keep up with all the comments - there's a ton of mails waiting to be answered, not only from fans but also from publishers and journalists. Plus it's really hard to read all the comments from facebook, youtube, steam etc. and answer them all - after all, we've got a game to make! Oh and replying in the comments section is a bit painful, as you can't really directly reply to someone and let them get notified of it, at least to my knowledge..

That being said, let me answer your questions:
That's true, Project Zomboid inspires us greatly as we think it's and AWESOME game, and we have a lot in common: barricading, open sandbox world, retro style, crafting etc.
I can't really go into details because the trailer was left on a cliffhanger for a reason, but there's a few things I can say that make Darkwood different.
First of all, this is NOT a zombie game. It's gonna have enemies similar to zombies, but there's a ton more different types of characters.
Second, the atmosphere is much different, at least in our opinion. It's closer to movies like Eraserhead, and the WTF factor is gonna be pretty high.
Third, it's less of a survival game - no requirement of eating, sleeping etc.

Hope this clears some things up!

In top down games controls can be aweful... (Reference Notrium for instance great game aweful controls) how is your controls setup ? Point-click? WASD? Turning?

WASD for movement, mouse for turning and interaction. I don't find controls in top down games to be awful, Hotline Miami and Teleglitch have pretty slick controls IMO.

I noticed you are using FOV will fov also be limited in range? Darkness ect? The video shows somewhat a different story.
Not sure what you mean that the video shows a different story.. The player has a limited range of view which is influenced by perks and his current state, like aiming for example, which can be seen in the trailer. Lighting is very important, so if for example you forget to feed your generator like the hero from the trailer and it goes dry in the middle of the night.. you're pretty much screwed.
Автор останньої редакції: The Acid Wizard; 13 бер 2013 о 3:58
Sicko 14 бер 2013 о 17:26 
Thanks for reply you earned my vote.
Good luck!
Makoto Naegi 31 бер 2013 о 17:58 
I've noticed that when developers reply to my questions by using @steamid I get a notification that someone replied to a comment I put on their greenlight page, replacing steamid with the person you are responding to, obviously. Hope this helps!
konstantin.kovalev.1994 5 кві 2013 о 5:34 
Я с удовольствием поиграл бы в эту игру. Буду очень рад видеть её на Русском языке.
I would love to play this game. I would be very glad to see her in Russian.
The Pilgrim 26 тра 2013 о 15:20 
Yeah, it will realy go well for Russian community
Показані коментарі 17 із 7
< >
На сторінку: 15 30 50