This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Risk of Rain
ContentDeleted May 25, 2013 @ 10:51am
Beta
Is there any way to purchase the beta if we missed out on the kickstarter? I couldn't find anything on the official site.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
toonarmy36 Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:47am 
Hey yes there is you can pre order the game on its own for $10 or get the game plaus beta access for $25 heres tha link :)
http://riskofraingame.com/store/
ContentDeleted Jun 1, 2013 @ 11:49am 
Oh, awesome, thanks for the reply.
WhySoSad Jun 1, 2013 @ 3:32pm 
So nice to play it on TV with XBOX Controller but very very hard game
ContentDeleted Jun 1, 2013 @ 8:51pm 
Originally posted by Whisperling:
I'd pay $25 if it gave me 2 copies of the game and 2 beta copies. x2.5 the cost for the beta? Nah.
Agreed, far to expensive. I'll just wait for the game to come out in august.
QuaziPance Jun 2, 2013 @ 7:06pm 
The point isn't really that you "have to pay more" for the ability to beta test. Beta testing is all about supporting the dev, and paying more is also about supporting them.

Also this is being published by chucklefish, so the more money you throw at them the better starbound is!
Last edited by QuaziPance; Jun 2, 2013 @ 7:06pm
Nikbig Jun 3, 2013 @ 6:08am 
@QuaziPance

Agreed :)
PVT.Grumpy [GFL] Jun 10, 2013 @ 5:41pm 
So why is getting beta better? without giving them more money?
ContentDeleted Jun 11, 2013 @ 10:30am 
Originally posted by Gent Grumpy:
Beta should never cost more then the full game. It should always be the same price, or less. You arn't getting more then the full game, but at the same time, you're helping the developers by uncovering bugs and such. There is nothing I can think of to justify a beta that litteraly costs 2.5 times as much as the full game. That being said, I'm still going to buy the game when it comes out. I just won't be buying the beta.
PVT.Grumpy [GFL] Jun 11, 2013 @ 6:40pm 
Originally posted by ContentDeleted:
Originally posted by Gent Grumpy:
Beta should never cost more then the full game. It should always be the same price, or less. You arn't getting more then the full game, but at the same time, you're helping the developers by uncovering bugs and such. There is nothing I can think of to justify a beta that litteraly costs 2.5 times as much as the full game. That being said, I'm still going to buy the game when it comes out. I just won't be buying the beta.

ok
Restarter Jun 17, 2013 @ 12:35am 
I joined the beta and it has really been a fun game to play in my free time, I'm really sure it will be successful on Steam so I'm glad it's being Greenlighted.
Mochi Jul 3, 2013 @ 6:41pm 
pfftt.. you don't want to pay an extra 15 bucks to test out beta then don't, but they spend thousands of sleep deprived hours making games like this. Beta payments = dev support. The people who invested on kickstart payed 25$ so now we should too. id gladly trade < an hour of my work pay 1000s of hours of work by these guys.
MisterS42 Jul 24, 2013 @ 12:18am 
Wish there was a like button for Mochi's comment
Silky the Fairy Aug 7, 2013 @ 12:28am 
Originally posted by Mochi:
pfftt.. you don't want to pay an extra 15 bucks to test out beta then don't, but they spend thousands of sleep deprived hours making games like this. Beta payments = dev support. The people who invested on kickstart payed 25$ so now we should too. id gladly trade < an hour of my work pay 1000s of hours of work by these guys.

No, that's just the latest trend which hopefuly dies out soon.

Helping beta test and actually helping develop the game was always something that people get paid to do if they are professinals Q&A, or free for the general public. There's tons of games on Steam Early Access that start out cheap while the game is in Alpha/Beta stages and then ramps up the price.

Demand the full price of the game, or start cheaper and ramp it up, but don't demand more. If you want to support the developers you already did with their Kickstarter campaign or through donation.

Demanding more for an unfinished product as for a finished product is borderline dumb.
RingmasterJ5 Aug 13, 2013 @ 6:54pm 
Originally posted by Silky the Fairy:
Demanding more for an unfinished product as for a finished product is borderline dumb.

No one's demanding it. It's just the price the devs have set, which many people are quite fine with. If it was $6 or something, there couldn't be nearly as much community interaction as there is now.
Last edited by RingmasterJ5; Aug 13, 2013 @ 6:54pm
Chipp Aug 16, 2013 @ 5:17am 
I enjoy the original price of the full game being 10$ but 15 more just for a beta access ? Even for such a great and amazing game(Which i have played the demo of) its a bit expensive...
http://riskofraingame.com/store/ here is the link to buy the full game or full game(10$) And full game +Beta access(25$) but like i said before you should really just wait for the fullg ame to be out
Last edited by Chipp; Aug 16, 2013 @ 5:18am
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50