This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Virtual Pool 4
kaworu Jan 14, 2014 @ 9:53am
pls make clarification about Online/Steam release
so what public open online beta at january 2014 announcement on oficial site means? - will it be public beta for current VP4 users or it will be some online version of VP game, will it be free to test for everyone or not? will it be released on steam too and if yes then when can we wait it?
p.s.: i had played demo version of VP4 - it's great - ball/table physics looks soooooo realistic (atleast for such pool noob as me ) and balls looks so great too (may be i would like to see more unlockable skins for balls to choose)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
LeonD ❀ Jan 14, 2014 @ 10:36am 
It will be free for everybody (probably limited to small tables, friendly matches and bar cues). With arround 10$ you get full access, tournaments, every games/table.

Online mode is separated from offline VP4, you dont need VP4 offline to play online.

Everybody can access the public beta.

Nobody know if Vp4 will be on Steam.

Steve Chaplin, CEO of Celeris, sometime post here if you are interested about fresh news: https://www.facebook.com/VirtualPool4

kaworu Jan 14, 2014 @ 10:50am 
thx, alytpool!

Originally posted by alytpool:
even mr. pooljunky can not answer about this?
Last edited by kaworu; Jan 14, 2014 @ 11:09am
darkman Jan 29, 2014 @ 7:44am 
it will never be on Steam, Celeris isn't interested in promoting their game, guess Steve has enough $
pooljunky  [developer] Feb 14, 2014 @ 9:23am 
Steam has to greenlight the game to get it on steam.
kaworu Feb 14, 2014 @ 9:27am 
Originally posted by pooljunky:
Steam has to greenlight the game to get it on steam.
Valve said Greenlight will be closed in some near future for more easy way for developers to publish their game on steam. so we still hope for steam release of VP4
Ledow Feb 20, 2014 @ 12:24pm 
So why have junk been greenlighted before VP4? Nothing to do with the in-game currency that Steam don't like you having in Steam games? Or the quality of the Steam integration?

I don't buy that it's just waiting for X votes until Steam even bother to look at it, especially when you have the official game-name of some 20+ year old franchise.
fecske Feb 23, 2014 @ 12:13pm 
i have to pay only once 10 dollar for the incoming online mode or will be monthly fee? i really want to play snooker against other players
pooljunky  [developer] Feb 23, 2014 @ 5:24pm 
Steam has not Greenlit VP4. There is nothing Celeris can do about that. You guys need to tell all your compatriots to vote for VP4 on Steam.
I think fecske hit the nail on the head. The Greenlit process is not really fair, they are discriminating against small developers they have not worked with and Greenlighting products that are inferior from publishers they already work with.
HiroPro May 27, 2014 @ 3:37pm 
Originally posted by alytpool:
It will be free for everybody (probably limited to small tables, friendly matches and bar cues). With arround 10$ you get full access, tournaments, every games/table.

Online mode is separated from offline VP4, you dont need VP4 offline to play online.

Everybody can access the public beta.

Steve Chaplin, CEO of Celeris, sometime post here if you are interested about fresh news: https://www.facebook.com/VirtualPool4

Hey Steve any ETA or idea when/if VP4 will be available on Steam?
pooljunky  [developer] Jun 24, 2014 @ 9:23am 
We can't release it until Steam Greenlights it. Or, rumors are Greenlight is going away and if they go to a process were we don't need approval, we can then release it.
Andrew Aug 8, 2014 @ 5:37am 
I think you've misunderstood the Greenlight process. It is a completely unbiased process. It is up to Celeris to market the game to gain votes from as many people as possible. It is anything but a hands-off job. Once the count of votes places you in the top 50/75 of games on Greenlight then you simply have to wait till that batch is auto-approved and, hey presto, you'll be on Steam. You can see previous batches here:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/news?appid=765

The whole idea behind Greenlight was to take the selection process out of Valve's hands and purely into the community's. As you can see there's plenty of crap that gets through. What many games lack in actual gameplay, clearly they make up for it in marketing themselves online. I think you have great gameplay but nobody knows about it.

As you've mentioned, the Greenlight process will likely go away at some point and Steam will allow anything but no idea when. So, regardless, you could just wait it out.
Last edited by Andrew; Aug 8, 2014 @ 6:00am
pooljunky  [developer] Aug 12, 2014 @ 6:11pm 
Ah, I think you misunderstand it. It is not completely unbiased. I can get VP4 on steam any time by going though another publisher. How do you think the other pool games got on on Steam. Ever look at the comment and see how many they had and what they were and compare them to VP4? You can't see the voting stats for the game, but you can gauge some interest by the content and number of comments. Yes if we had a ton of votes it would get Greenlighted. But pool games are not that popular with many gamers. I'm sure Pool Nation didn't have the votes either.
Cyrus9mm Aug 13, 2014 @ 4:58am 
I agree with Andrew that marketing is important for Greenlighters. I thought VP died about 10 years ago. In that time I've heard nothing and I'm on gaming news sites every day.
I'm gonna email PCGamer and see if they'd consider doing a write-up of pool games since there are several around and some others in Greelnight.
HiroPro Aug 13, 2014 @ 1:59pm 
Originally posted by pooljunky:
Ah, I think you misunderstand it. It is not completely unbiased. I can get VP4 on steam any time by going though another publisher. How do you think the other pool games got on on Steam. Ever look at the comment and see how many they had and what they were and compare them to VP4? You can't see the voting stats for the game, but you can gauge some interest by the content and number of comments. Yes if we had a ton of votes it would get Greenlighted. But pool games are not that popular with many gamers. I'm sure Pool Nation didn't have the votes either.

What is preventing you from being Greenlit?
Wolfpack Aug 13, 2014 @ 4:04pm 
Few weeks ago you said that the game is 97% on way to top 100. If they greenlit 75 games every month that means you are almost there I think
< >
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
Per page: 15 30 50