This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Frozen Endzone
Freakinger Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:28am
Looks pretty good - Some Ideas
Hey guys,
at first I thoght WTF, Football? But as I see the trailer a second time, it looks really good, especially the graphicimprovements are great :)

But I got some questions and ideas:
1. Do you have different types of players (Shotgun, rifle, etc.)? How many will it be?
2. You're planning to give again 2 copies for one price?
3. Will it be as minimalistic as Frozen Synapse or will it have more options?
4. Atm I'm unsure, if its really possible to coordinate things. Looks a bit to me, like its more luck then on Frozen Synapse.
5. You're going to realse it in the Alpha, Beta or just finished? (Can't wait to get my hands on and test it :))
6. What about a payment-system like Minecraft?
7. What about modding support? Creating own gamemodes, models, missions, maps, backgrounds, arenas, coloursettings, designs and stuff?
8. What about android and iOS support?
9. What about Frozen Synapse with iOS and Android support?
Kind regards and best of wishes

Freakinger :)

P.S. Sorry for my (maybe) bad english... Not a nativ speaker
Last edited by Freakinger; Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:35am
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Leezeebub Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:45am 
I would also play Frozen synapse on my iPhone, given half the chance :)
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:20am 
Hey - thanks for the nice comments.

1) There will be different types of players eg blockers and receivers - we don't know how many types yet

2) Possibly

3) Don't really understand this question - FS had a pretty ludicrous number of options! If you mean "orders that your units can carry out" then no, it won't have more

4) Absolutely not - not sure why you'd have that impression. Each play is divided into three turns, giving your opponent a chance to react to what you do. The random generator will be fairer to both sides this time. There really isn't much luck involved.

5.) Probably beta, probably this year

6.) Minecraft is just pay-once, right? Not sure what you mean. If you mean "pre-order and get the beta" then probably yes.

7) We're going to have customisation options definitely. Modding support is more complex but it's something I'll talk to the team about

8) I've said elsewhere that we're considering all platforms for this

9) Frozen Synapse iPad will be in final beta this month; as I've said many times in many other places, Android will happen if that's the right thing to do

Thanks for the questions!
Freakinger Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:47am 
Allright, sorry about mutliple questions, didn't informed me so much :)
You interpreted all my points in the right way and I'm glad you took some into considering :)

Kidn regards

Freakinger
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 11:45am 
No problem thanks!
SSSZmeY Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:23pm 
I'm also interested in control and coordination details. The point is: in FS the only automatical reactions to oponent's actions were aim and shoot. But here, in order to look more natural, bots must automaticaly adjust their actions during the turn. So, the orders will be more generalized or target oriented (intercept, block, etc.) and bots actions will be more automatic, or something else?
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 4:42pm 
Originally posted by SSSZmeY:
I'm also interested in control and coordination details. The point is: in FS the only automatical reactions to oponent's actions were aim and shoot. But here, in order to look more natural, bots must automaticaly adjust their actions during the turn.

Not sure what you mean. The units behave exactly according to your plan. Plays are broken down into (usually) 3 turns; when particular things happen (e.g. a throw) the turn breaks, giving your opponent a chance to react.

The animation system calculates what needs to happen to make it look correct, but again the outcomes that are generated depend precisely on the two plans and nothing else.
SSSZmeY Mar 22, 2013 @ 3:17pm 
Originally posted by nervous_testpilot:
The animation system calculates what needs to happen to make it look correct, but again the outcomes that are generated depend precisely on the two plans and nothing else.

Yes, I understand this. But of what components does the plan consist? If you chose traectory for your units, than it looks hard in general to predict opponent's actions and make two objects to meet in exactly one point. But if you choose tactics and targets, and traectory is calculated automaticaly (at least partially), than you have much more chanses to act effectively.

Look, I may miss some gameplay details that you aware of. And what looks obvious to you is not so clear for me.)
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 22, 2013 @ 5:38pm 
The plan consists of waypoints, time orders (for waiting), and (for the quarterback) a throw order. Players have zones in which they are able to intercept the ball (or bat it down) and tackle. i'm still not entirely sure what you're asking but hopefully that's helpful.
Leezeebub Mar 23, 2013 @ 9:11am 
I think he's asking how easy it will be for us to predict enemy movements - do we just have to get our units close to the opponent and let the game do the rest (for a tackle for example)? Or do we have to be very precise?

Also, is there any chance the game will devolve into simply having a couple of units endlessly running up and down the length of the touchline to create an impeneterable barrier?

And just out of curiosity, are there any other cheap exploits youve discovered in testing, which you've had to adjust the mechanics for?
SSSZmeY Mar 23, 2013 @ 3:29pm 
Originally posted by nervous_testpilot:
The plan consists of waypoints, time orders (for waiting), and (for the quarterback) a throw order. Players have zones in which they are able to intercept the ball (or bat it down) and tackle.

Thanks, it makes things more defined. And leezeebub got my point.
Fistruler Mar 24, 2013 @ 12:54pm 
Can you make it not turn-based?, or at least have some kind of spin-off not turn-based.
Last edited by Fistruler; Mar 24, 2013 @ 12:56pm
Jiggly puff May 10, 2013 @ 7:04pm 
The game looks quite interesting but I have a question about rules.

Mode 7 = British origin
Football (Soccer) = British origin and played in 200+ countries
American Football (Game using hand with Egg shaped thing) = American origin

Um...

Would there be a chance of making a setting to make this game more Rugby league style?
Only sideways and backward passes?

Would that be too different?

Would it be too crazy to make a setting to fit Football (Soccer) style game?

Thanks dudes.
Face Jun 19, 2013 @ 1:07am 
I am a bit worried that the game will consist of three turns. Why just three? Are there more (you said "usually")? From the interview at PCGamer you mentioned you can force a draw, but what happens then?
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Jun 21, 2013 @ 11:53am 
Sorry for slow reply. The main game mode has actually changed considerably since the "three turns" thing. Turns are variable length now, depending on what happens in a play. Not sure what you mean about "forcing a draw" - not sure where we said anything about that.
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Jun 21, 2013 @ 11:54am 
And yes, there will be the ability to have different rules / different sizes and shapes of pitch etc. But there won't be a realtime mode.
Showing 1-15 of 18 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50