This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Frozen Endzone
Monkey Sleeve Mar 21, 2013 @ 1:43am
Football? Really now??
I mean... You've created one of the best and fun strategy games i've ever seen, and after 1.5 years of almost no updates what so ever, it on the edge of dying. And you come with this? I feel cheated, cheated because i hoped Frozen Synapse could've been the game the world was going to play at tournaments, cheated cause it was finally a strategy game were I was a kinda good at...
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
< >
Tuco Mar 21, 2013 @ 2:59am 
What are you talking about?
Beside the sport-themed setting this new game is essentially in the same genre of Frozen Synapse.
What's supposed to make you "feel cheated", exactly?

On a side note: dear developers, I like pretty much everything about this new concept, except models and animations for those "robo-athletes".
I think they could use a bit more... uhm... slickness? Both in their design and movements.
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:15am 
I know people want another combat game - we may well make one in future. This is a game we want to make very much: future-sports has always been an aesthetic we've enjoyed. I'm really hoping that people get into the gameplay despite the fact that the game won't have guns! Tuco, could you be more specific on what you don't like about the models and animations? "Not enough slickness" isn't enough for me to discuss with our artists! I'm very happy with both currently.
Tuco Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:24am 
Well, I'm not a native English speaker so I guess it's a bit hard for me to word it more properly.
Let's just say that for what I was able to see so far (which admittedly isn't much) I would prefer robots a bit more modern in design (no "cubic heads and giant pauldrons" for instance) and more fluid and "human-like" in their movements.

Of course, it could very well be just a matter of tastes, but still, I'm just giving a honest feedback here, as I wish for this game to be as good as possible.
capslock Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:43am 
it looks okay, but i share the opinion of tuco.
will there be somtething like special accelerate fields or something like that?
Legal Buccaneer Ashton Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:49am 
It's definitely not a genre I'd normally play, but I'm willing to give it a chance because of how much I enjoyed Frozen Synapse. Heck, if the rest of the soundtrack is as good as the music in the trailer & the previous game it'll be worth my purchase. nervous_testpilot, please make it possible to purchase the soundtrack with the game, like you have done with Frozen synapse.
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 3:56am 
Thanks for trying to explain that Turco - I appreciate it.

Originally posted by capslock:
it looks okay, but i share the opinion of tuco.
will there be somtething like special accelerate fields or something like that?

Yep, there might be "power up" areas on the field. Not certain of this yet though.

Commander Ashton - thanks! Yes, there will definitely be a soundtrack option.
Leezeebub Mar 21, 2013 @ 6:37am 
Will there be different shaped fields or obstacles on the fields?

Having different effect on the field sounds interesting, I just fear that the game will get boring on the same old rectangle over and over again.

And on a side note, I personally quite like the art style, it's much better than I was expecting when I heard the word football.
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 7:04am 
There is randomly generated terrain on the pitch - you can see it in the trailer. Different *shaped* pitches, probably not, but there will be a lot of different-looking levels / pitches
Leezeebub Mar 21, 2013 @ 7:19am 
Ok that's good, haven't watched the video yet as I'm on my phone, but am definitely going to watch when I get home.

I do have one major complaint though... It's huge, it really is.... It's that you've announced it so early, and now we have to wait to play it :P

Good luck, I hope it comes out the way you want it to!
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 7:49am 
Hah, thanks - we have been working on it for a while and it got really boring not being able to talk about it, so it's great to have it finally public.
SpruceMoosey Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:34am 
Haha I think it looks sick. got that TRON look to it, I think it looks great.
I remember I used to love and old sega Grid iron game where you would choose the plays before hand and then run one of the players. This looks great I can see it working well.
Going to have to get a few copies of this for my brothers so I can smash them on the field ^^.
Farske Mar 21, 2013 @ 8:53am 
Have you considered multi-level pitches?
Ramps, jump platforms and balls lobbed to another level?
Will "players/units/robots" all be the same or will some have equipment, skills etc?

I hate football, I dont like it or watch it but I love blood bowl. I loved FS and this trailer is dubious to me. It's kind of gone in my "meh, I'll check it out in the future" box. Saying that, I loved FS and I wish you luck!
Monkey Sleeve Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:03am 
It's like you took something awesome, and tried to put that concept in a different perspective. Which i can understand, you get a bigger playerbase and who knows; maybe it will become super populair. But the reason why i feel cheated cause I really thought you guys were supporting FS, and after 1.5 years and a almost dead game, this doesn't seem to be the case. I will have a look at Frozen Endzone but as a non-american, american football really doesn't interest me, the concept of FS however does so i'll see how it checks out. :)

A little FS easter egg would be fun btw ;)
Vantskruv Mar 21, 2013 @ 9:25am 
Really nice! Looking forward to when the game releases and it surley will be a great game! As for the people who is looking forward of a sequel to Frozen Synapse, I know how you feel, but anyway this game seems to be very nice. Maybe the devs will also release a similar Frozen Synapse game on this engine later on? I would not complain.

Frozen Endzone reminds me on Speedball II. It would be cool to have player-fatalities with some gory humour in it (if the there will be humans). It would be nice to have humans with much blood and gore, but maybe this will not fit in the style of the game?

Humour in player vs player is very much appreciated.
nervous_testpilot  [developer] Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:15am 
Originally posted by Farske:
Have you considered multi-level pitches?
Ramps, jump platforms and balls lobbed to another level?

Not really - I'm not sure that would work out gameplay-wise.

Will "players/units/robots" all be the same or will some have equipment, skills etc?

Yes, definitely. There will be players with different skills, and players will have stats in single player.

I loved FS and this trailer is dubious to me

I find that a bit worrying! If you liked FS you will 100% love this game. Trust me, I have played the prototype and it's like an amped up version of FS in a lot of ways, with some nice subtle differences. We're going to make sure that we communicate that to people in future trailers.

Originally posted by Monkey Sleeve:
ItI really thought you guys were supporting FS, and after 1.5 years and a almost a dead game.

I think that's probably a bit strong. Given that literally everyone who owns the game has a free key they can give to a friend, we're not seeing any particular issues with people being able to find games. Having said that, I think there was an expectation that the servers would always be constantly busy, and that's not something we ever really assumed would be the case for an asynchronous game. FS certainly isn't a dead project - the iPad version hits beta this month and will be released soon, plus we have some other plans for it in the future.

I have said here and in other places that a sequel to FS is not out of the question. We wanted to branch out and make a different game right now, but there is no reason why we won't return to FS in the future.

Originally posted by Vantskruv:
It would be nice to have humans with much blood and gore, but maybe this will not fit in the style of the game?

We won't be having gore, but we will be having huge epic tackles, taunts and celebrations that your opponent will be able to see. We'd want you to be able to smash another player's receiver into the ground and then dance stupidly around him...that's definitely happening.

Thanks for the nice comments everyone.
Last edited by nervous_testpilot; Mar 21, 2013 @ 10:16am
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50