The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Castle Volkihar Redux - A Player Home
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Oct 8, 2013 @ 9:04am
FAQ & SOLUTIONS (bug report)
THIS IS A COMPILATION ARCHIVE OF ALL KNOWN PROBLEMS AND THEIR FIX or WORKAROUND.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hit Ctrl+F and your browser brings up a search box.. search for a keyword on this page!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DON'T WANT TO SCROLL THROUGH AND READ EVERYTHING TO FIND YOUR ANSWER? HIT CTRL+F ON YOUR KEYBOARD, THEN TYPE A KEY WORD YOU ARE LOOKING FOR. THEN HIT THE DOWN ARROW SEARCH BUTTONS!

If you have a bug to report, Please post it here! This way I can track it and we don't bury the comments section when we try to work on fixing your issue. I want to help you!

CASTLE VOLKIHAR REDUX REQUIREMENTS

1.) Must have the Dawnguard DLC purchased and installed
2.) Install anytime but, castle wont upgrade until you complete "Touching the Sky" (get Auriels bow)
3.) Doesnt matter if you choose vampire or dawnguard side
4.) No 3rd party tools or other mods needed to run Castle Volkihar Redux

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
FAQ INDEX:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Listed in order by most common:

FOLLOWERS NOT RESPONDING, OBJECTS MISSING, ETC., - MOST PROBLEMS FIXED FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS. CLICK HERE!

HEARTHFIRES ADOPTED CHILDREN IN CASTLE VOLKIHAR REDUX IS NOW POSSIBLE!

I CAN'T FIND VALERICA'S STUDY THE ENTRANCE PORTAL TO THE SOUL CAIRNE

REQUIREMENTS TO PLAY THIS MOD

MOD LOAD LIST ORDER - Extremely important reading!

DRAUGR GAURDS NPC's DO NOT RESPOND TO COMMANDS

WHY DO THE MANNEQUINS MOVE IN THE SLEEPING CHAMBER?

CASTLE IS TOO BIG I GET LOST

PORT OF CALL CANT FIND DEXTERNUS

VIEW MAPS / SCHEMATICS OF CASTLE VOLKIHAR

THE GARGOYLE KING FINAL BOSS IS TOO HARD TO BEAT!

FULL LIST OF QUESTS AND HOW TO START THEM. MOD NOT ACTIVE ENABLED NOT WORKING

GARGOYLES IN THRONE ROOM KEEP RE-SPAWNING EVERY TWO WEEKS OR SO

SERANA IS MISSING - CAN'T FIND SERANA

CORRUPT SAVES (a must read for all mod users!)

GARGOYLE KING ETHERAL SWORDS

MY SPOUSE HAS NO OPTION TO MOVE INTO MY HEARTHFIRES HOMES

WHERE IS THE CASTLE LOCATED?

THE NPC's KEEP ASKING ME TO LEAVE - VOLKIHAR VAMPIRES ATTACK ME = I AM NOT WELCOME IN THE CASTLE - NPC's ARE HOSTILE

BOAT TO GARGOYLE POINT CRASHED PC / CAN'T GO TO GARGOYLE POINT

HOW TO GET PAST MAGICAL BARRIER IN CATACOMBS / THRONE ROOM

KILLED THE GARGOYLE KING EARLY SOLUTION

CASTLE RESET AND I LOST MY BELONGINGS

QUEST FORTIFY VOLKIHAR DOESN'T WORK

QUEST "IT'S GOOD TO BE KING" GATE TO GARGOYLE KING WON'T OPEN

THIEVES GUILD UNBREAKABLE LOCK PICK BUG - SKELETON KEY BUG FIX

QUEST "RELEASING THE COVEN" I OPENED COFFINS BEFORE GETTING THE JOURNAL

QUEST "RELEASING THE COVEN" I CANT FIND BRUNARS JOURNAL

QUEST "THE BARE NECESSITIES OF LIFE" NO MAP MARKER

MY DAEDRIC OR AEDRIC ARTIFACTS LOSE THEIR ENCHANTMENT WHEN PLACED

MARRIABLE SERANA MOD *(Compatibility Fix)

TESEDit ERRORS REPORTED SHOULD I BE CONCERNED?

DRAGON ELDER SCROLL WILL NOT DISPLAY IN DAEDRIC TOWER

QUEST "THE SMELL OF DEATH" MAP MARKER MISSING

THE DAEDRIC SHRINE'S, DRAGON PRIEST MASK & CLAW HOLDERS ARENT GIVING MY ITEMS BACK

MOD CONFLICTS REPORT

MY SPOUSE or CHILDREN WON'T MOVE INTO CASTLE VOLKIHAR / CANT FIND HER

CANT FIND MY SPOUSE AFTER GETTING MARRIED AND INVITING TO VOLKIHAR

SERENA MOD's THAT CHANGE HER APPEARANCE DOES NOT WORK WITH THIS MOD:

I CAN'T USE THE MOLAG BAL ENCHANTMENT ON OTHER ARMOR

THE CASTLE DOES NOT UPGRADE. NOT ENABLED. NOT ACTIVE. NOT INSTALLED

STEAM ERROR'S (Such as error 16 > unable to download mods).

THE WALLS IN THE CASTLE COURTYARD VANISH or ARE TRANSPARENT

IS THERE A WAY TO UPGRADE THE CASTLE AND BYPASS ALL QUESTS WITH A CHEAT OR SECRET COMMAND?

NPC's FROM CASTLE VOLKIHAR SHOW UP AT YOUR WEDDING

MY SPOUSE WON'T MOVE TO CASTLE VOLKIHAR OR ANY OTHER HOME

HAGRAAVEN FIGHTS WITH SELENE IN THE COURTYARD

ENB MODS MAKE CASTLE VOLKIHAR DARK

SCREEN RESOLUTION ISSUE WITH MENU's CUT OFF

MANNEQUIN GLITCH

I got the message "COMPLETED: CASTLE VOLKIHAR A PLAYER HOME IS NOW ACTIVE".

CRASH TO DESKTOP (CTD) AFTER INSTALLING AND RUNNING THIS MOD

I CAN'T FIND THE SOUL CAIRN WHERE IS IT?

VALERICA WON'T LEAVE THE SOUL CAIRN

DAWNGUARD QUEST "KINDRED JUDGEMENT NOT STARTING"

TES5EDIT SHOWS ERRORS OUT OF ORDER

CRASH CTD WHEN ENTERING CASTLE VOLKIHAR GUILD HALL

ULTIMATE FINAL SOLUTION TO ALL ISSUES, BUGS, DISLIKES
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 12, 2018 @ 4:04pm
< >
Showing 16-30 of 279 comments
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Oct 17, 2013 @ 2:02am 
----------------------------------------------------------
ULTIMATE FINAL SOLUTION TO ALL ISSUES, BUGS, DISLIKES

Disable the offending mod and keep on trucking. Uninstalling mods after your save has them in it is not recommended. In fact deleting mods after it's in your save will undoubtedly crash your game or cause major bugs!

But, you can "disable" mods the way Bethesda intended it to work. Using this method no one will experience problems with their saves getting corrupted.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Difference between "Disabling" a mod and "Deleting" a mod are huge.
Saved mod scripts can reap havoc on your skyrim game saves (as explained in the "saves" section above), NOT RECOMMENDED but, inside the data window, you can highlight a mod and click "Delete Selected" and that mod will be deleted, not just disabled. But, not if those mods installed "loose files". They will remain.

Loose files:

If you have loose files that you downloaded with a mod from say the (virus ridden) nexus, you'll have to manually delete those. Knowing where they are and what they are named is the hard part. So bad scripts in loose file format can be like finding a needle in a haystack of needles. And if they changed the vanilla games scripts I'm afraid you might have to do a full re-install of skyrim.

How to re-install skyrim from scratch. *Consider disabling all mods.
1.) Go to your games library in steam. Right click on Skyrim and choose "delete local content". Wait for it to finish.

2.) Using windows explore (Start+E), browse to C:\program files (x86) > steam > steamapps > common > skyrim........... rename the skyrim folder to "skyrim old" (right click rename)

3.) go back to your steam games library and re-download skyrim. This can take a while, but at least now you'll have a totally clean install to work with.

*You may also want to unsubscribe or disable all mods before doing step 3, then re-subscribe to each mod one at a time until you figure out which one was causing the issues.
**I also recommend that once you do delete all mods you make a full save on a new character.
***This save will serve as your vanilla clean save that you can always fall back on no matter what happens!

4.) I would not delete the folder of skyrim you renamed to "skyrim old" just yet. This way you can still go in there and get mods or other files you want later on. But if you know you'll never need anything else out of there go ahead and delete "skyrim old" to free up hard drive space.

Post Script
Remember, you went through all this process possibly because one of the mods you had installed was a poison pill degenerate piece of crap that sabotaged your saves, corrupted your skyrim etc.

So if you are going to start adding them back into that new install, make SURE you test them one at a time. By installing them one at a time and seeing what happens. That way it won't be a needle in a haystack 3 months later when you can't remember wtf you put where, and you'll know which one is causing these night mares.

I have always found that problem mods were the ones that changed vanilla skyrim scripting at it's base like followers, quests, animal behavior, existing NPC's behaviors.
I have never had an issue with mods that just give armors, clothes,.. i.e. custom objects.

When you look deeper at experienced mod author's work I see they make copies of everything and change it's name and anything associated with it is copied and renamed, especially scripts. Instead of the new guys who change the base objects directly, which is the cause of 90% of all these issues.

Why because as soon as something in the game tries to call to that changed vanilla script, variable or condition (and there are thousands of variables calling to one another all the time in skyrim) there will be a negative effect. Sometimes it takes a while before it catches up to your save or game files, sometimes it's immediate. It depends on thousands of things that are moving in random concert, depending on what you do or touch in the game.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Dec 15, 2015 @ 1:44pm
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Oct 19, 2013 @ 1:29am 
DAWNGUARD QUEST "KINDRED JUDGEMENT NOT STARTING

Try to move the quest along using the console.
setstage DLC1VQ08 10

If that doesn't work you can look at this page. Dawnguard was a buggy DLC in some regards and by now there are a lot of answers.
Check out the bottom of this page for answers:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Kindred_Judgement

I don't have this installed but alot of people say it fixes stuff like this.
This is the unoffial Dawnguard patch:
http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Tes5Mod:Unofficial_Dawnguard_Patch
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Oct 22, 2013 @ 6:12pm
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 17, 2013 @ 10:12am 
LIST OF MODS THAT POSSIBLY CONFLICT WITH CASTLE VOLKIHAR REDUX

Castle Volkihar Redux mod is NOT compatible with Open Cities mod!

(The door in solitude conflicts)

Post Script;

Both the Xbox, playstation and special edition versions of this mod have had those doors removed. So they should now be compatible.

Caveat to this is, you might have quests to find those lairs but not be able to complete them.

=============================

If you think you found a conflicting mod, please scroll down to the bottom of this page and report it.

=============================

POSTED BY;
Ƈriɱsƍɳ™ Dec 21 2013 10:35pm
Isn't compatible with Open Cities of Skyrim. (The Solitude home)

Reply from Author:
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR Dec 21 2013 11:40pm
I just went to open cities mod and read his description, and in it he describes having to remove his own mod from his game because of some problems inherent to Skyrim. I posted on his comments asking what I need to do to be compatible. I'm moving this to the FAQ and Solutions page shortly as a mod that isn't compatible until such time that i can test it and verify this is on my end. Especially in light of all the issues he rants about for five paragraphs.

He also mentions that most people can't play it because it's unstable and he barely supports it anymore and has thought about pulling it if it hadn't been for the few people who can still run it.

All my mod does is add a door in solitude. If that makes it incompatible, I'm not sure it's going to be something to lose sleep over if it doesnt work with it.

==============================
POSSIBLE FIX:
==============================

Open up skyrim to the small splash screen that says

Play
Options
Data files
Tech support
Exit

a.) Click on "Data Files"

See image here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550382331

Anything on the bottom trumps everything above it. So if you put whatever mod you think is incompatible and put it last/at the bottom.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 24, 2018 @ 5:56am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 19, 2013 @ 11:52am 
CAN'T ENCHANT ARMOR USING THE MOLAG BAL ENCHANTMENT

1.) Day Walker Hood

This is a very technical answer. Unfortunately the day walking is not an enchantment. It is a change in value per that hood in the games over all allowance for vampires to be considered in the shade. The robes are indeed set up correctly to be learned, but you can NOT use them as an enchant because of the "Anti Sun" piece of it are not an enchant, they are a value connected to a keyword.

The "Anti-Sunr" piece itself is a "keyword", and any learned enchant that you want to use on another piece of armor, that new piece of armor must have that keyword also. Well, unless I went through and tagged every piece of clothing in the game with the keyword "Anti sun" you can't use it. And I am not doing this because it would most certainly cause bugs.

Having an enchant in the game that allows a vampire to walk in day light should be rare anyway. And I am not going to tag each and every item in the game with this ability. Just be glad you have one piece that does this.

2.) Armor of Molag Bal

The armor enchants are also entered by value so you will have to use the CK to add them. You can't learn them ingame even though it shows you've learned it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If you wish to do this yourself below are the key words for the enchants:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You could open this mod with the CK and add the keyword "cleanermolagantisun" to your armor if you really must use the enchants on other items. But, if you were going that far, why not just create your own custom enchants all together? It would be much easier and faster.

None the less, here are the key words.
--------------------------------------------------------

Keywords on the armor are:
Molag Bal Robes with Hood: armorClothing, CleanerMolagAntiSun, ClothingBody, VendorItemClothing, cleanermolagantisun
Stand alone antisun hood Molag Hood: armorclothing, cleanermolagantisun, clothinghead, vendoritemclothing, cleanermolagantisun
Robes no hood: armorclothing, cleanermolagantisun, clothingbody, vendoritemclothing, cleanermolagantisun
gloves: armorclothing, clothinghands, vendoritemclothing, cleanermolagantisun
boots: armorclothing, clothingfeet, vendoritemclothing, cleanermolagantisun

Post Script,
-----------------

Remember, I made this mod for my own personal use and decided to upload it to share with the public. Other than a few nuances like this there are no game breaking bugs. This might be called a bug but it is not, is is just an enchant that can't be learned and used. Not a big deal because they were supposed to be unique to the Molag Bal set of armor anyway.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Oct 8, 2015 @ 4:35pm
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 19, 2013 @ 1:11pm 
NPC's LIPS DON'T MOVE WHEN SPEAKING YOUR NEW DIALOGUE FIX

This is no longer the case in the latest update for this mod. Lip's now move when you talk to any of my quest NPC's. The .lip, .xwm files have been converted to .fuz and are now inside the .bsa working merily :)

--------------

For people who want to use my older versions of the castle follow these instructions:

To make your NPC's lip's move when they speak my new dialogue in my quests, download here.
{LINK REMOVED}

once downloaded, just unzip the file and merge the data folder with your existing data folder in steam > steamappas > common > skyrim

Or you can just wait until I figure out how to make it work. So far I'm stumped.

The reason why the lip files don't work in the bsa? I have no idea, but I do know if you add the files loose, as in not packed up in the bsa it works fine. Just another CK bug, go figure.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Dec 20, 2013 @ 11:28am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 22, 2013 @ 6:54pm 
THE MAP MARKER FOR THE ABANDONED HOUSE FROM THE QUEST "THE BARE NECESSITIES OF LIFE" DOESN'T WORK.

This quest will not start until you open up this area of Windhelm through the Skyrim questline known as "Blood on the Ice"[www.uesp.net]
More information on this can be found here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Blood_on_the_Ice

The abandoned house can be found in the far back left of Windhelm right next door to Hjerim house.
--------------------
End this quest using console:
--------------------
setstage CleanerAbandonedHouse 10
--------------------
Details
--------------------

That was a tricky quest to get to work right because the whole city changes zones based on quests there having to do with solving a murder "Blood on the ice". You start that quest by going to the hall of the dead and solving a murder. Anyway, when I originally made the quest for the house in Windhelm you couldnt find the house marker!!! Because that part of the city is non existent until "Blood on the Ice" is finished!

You can't start the quest until two things happen,

1.) you finish the quest Blood on the ice
2.) you travel away from Windhelm after Blood on the Ice is finished, then come back and my quest should start for you.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Dec 23, 2014 @ 4:31am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 24, 2013 @ 3:42pm 
CAN'T FIND BRUNAR'S JOURNAL IN QUEST "RELEASING THE COVEN"

Brunar's body was not set to enable in an early release. This has been fixed in the last two versions of this mod. So re-synchrnoize your mods by opening skyrim to the first splash screen where it says:

Play
Options
Data files
Tech support
Exit

b.) On the bottom right of this splash screen you'll see your mods updating. Wait until it says "Finished synchronizing subscribed mods!".

See image here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550382371

It should now be fixed.

If for some reason you can't update, there is a failsafe in the game where you can spawn Brunar's body. To the left of his coffin there is three rolls of carpet and a broom. Click on them once and he'll respawn. Click on them again and the room will transform once again and he'll disappear. It's a toggle for decorations of the room.

Sometimes I work late into the wee morning hours and make stupid mistakes like this. There are so many variables when making a quest, mod whatever, that missing one check box will cause an issue, as in the case here I didn't check off "Enable state opposite of parent".

I'm sorry for the inconvenience. I am working steadily on this to bring you more content, but I do sometimes make mistakes.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Nov 8, 2015 @ 3:49am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 25, 2013 @ 1:17pm 
"RELEASING THE COVEN" I OPENED COFFINS BEFORE GETTING THE JOURNAL.

The quest is now fixed so that you can NOT open coffins before getting the book to ruin the quest. I did this by making the NPC the quest item, and now all vampires automatically come out of their coffins when this quest is finished.

------------------------------------------

If you have an older version of this mod and do not want to upgrade this fix works for you.

Either go to an earlier save and read the journal before opening any coffins
or
type the following in console:

setstage CleanerWTFHappenedHere 50

-----------------------------------------
Notes;

This shouldn't matter because the script that moves this forward is set to look for the stage that happens after you get the book, and is on an alias to boot. Objective alias's shouldnt fill until they are in order. So I dont know how this is happeneing.

In any case, I have already reworked this quest so this can't happen, but I won't release this fix until my next big release in a week from today 11-25-2013

------------------------------------------
History;

On the subject of "Releasing the Coven", there are two reasons why I have not added stages to this quest so that you would be prompted to talk to each vampire in their respective coffins.

1.) I am still having issues with the scripting manager in the CK. Such as, when I try to add stages and scripts to the existing quest "Releasing the Coven" it destroys the entire quest in a corruption.
My CK last April completely died on my due to a virus. I had so many issues that I lost 12 quests in a reformat that were associated with this mod. You originally had to do quests to upgrade each wing of the castle, to capture thralls, to gain an army of gargoyles, to get an income from the castle, to get Irarak to create all your draugr guards, to open the portal to the vale and to find Louis.

2.) If I were to make a new quest and delete the old quest "Releasing the Coven", it would fix the issue as the corruption is still saved with the old quest. But, if I did that, anyone out of my over 9,000 subscribers would then have to restart the new quest, and the old one would still be in their books. If they were mid stride in the old one, it would cause a crash. So, this option of fixing it is not an option.

Conclusion:
Releasing the coven might not be perfect, but it is fine the way it is, it works. When taking all those other complicated factors into consideration it's best to just keep the bird in hand and move on to upgrading the castle in other ways.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Dec 20, 2013 @ 11:20am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 25, 2013 @ 3:53pm 
I CAN'T FIND THE QUEST MARKER FOR "THE SMELL OF DEATH"

Go inside Solitude city gates. The quest marker can only be found inside the city.

---------------------------
Notes:

In Skyrim, Solitude sits all the way out on top of the big ledge that crosses the water. The quest marker shows up there when you are in Tamriel, instead of telling you to go inside the gates first.

I don't know why this is, maybe it's the way it was designed at Bethesda, or maybe it's because that cell touches both Solitude and Tamriel. In either case it sucks and I have no fix for this.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 26, 2013 @ 1:44pm 
QUEST: "PORT OF CALL" I CAN'T FIND DEXTERNUS

Dexternus is at the highest point in Valerica's Tower in the torture chamber.

You can NOT use a map marker to locate Dexternus in this part of the castle because its architecture is a giant vertical tube and Dexternus is at the top of it. Which makes the map marker elusive.

Go to Valerica's Tower and ascend all the way to the top to the torture chamber. Two flights up from the Molag Bal church.

Just keep going up in Val's Tower and you'll find him waaaay at the top.

Another way to get to Dexternus quickly is to fast travel to the Balcony where you enter Valerica's Study(opposite the blue flames on the external bridge) then take the door down into Valerica's Tower from where the Soul Cairne entrance is found.

I am sorry about him being so hard to find. Keep in mind that this giant cell was designed as a dungeon. I did my best to restore it to what it is supposed to be in it's former glory. The top two rooms were indeed torture chambers and Dexternus is a torturer so I had no choice.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Aug 4, 2016 @ 2:49am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 27, 2013 @ 2:58pm 
You need to synchronize your mod. Here is how:

1.) Before you do anything, make a full save (NOT A QUICK SAVE) in game. Close skyrim.

2.) Open up skyrim to the small splash screen that says

Play
Options
Data files
Tech support
Exit

a.) On the bottom right of this splash screen you'll see your mods updating. Wait until it says "Finished synchronizing subscribed mods!".

See a picture here:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550382371

--------------------------------------------------------------------
If that doesn't work, you need to uninstall and reinstall
--------------------------------------------------------------------
WARNING!! DO NOT PLAY SKYRIM BETWEEN UPDATING AND UNINSTALLING! IF YOU DO IT WILL RESET THE CASTLE MAKING YOU LOSE ALL YOUR STUFF INSIDE!

1.) Unsubscribe from this mod on steam.

Exit the game and go to this mod on the steam workshop. Unsubscribe from this mod by clicking the big green "Un-Subscribe" button, so it now says "Subscribe":
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129969995

2) Fire up skyrim to the splash screen, But, don't play it! Just let it synchronize. As seen in this picture: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550382371

3) When it says it's sync'd, close the splash screen, click "Exit".

4.) Go back to this mod's page on the steam workshop and click "Subscribe", the button changes to "Un-Subscribe":
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=129969995

5.) Open up skyrim to the small splash screen that says

Play
Options
Data files
Tech support
Exit

a.) Let it synchronize again. Wait until it says it's "Done Synchronizing mods".

b.) Click on "Data Files"

See image here: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=550382331

Make sure Castle Volkihar Redux has a check box checked next to it.. that the mod is enabled.

Now just play Skyrim, but make a new full save being careful not to overwrite the first save you made.

If that doesnt work,
sometimes steam and your computer just won't download certain mods for no reason that makes any sense, but it does happen. If that is the case download the mod manually here:

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/discussion/129969995/792924412159525434/
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Nov 8, 2015 @ 3:53am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 28, 2013 @ 8:49pm 
99% of the complaints I get about my mod, were created by another mod like this. And since it is affecting my mod, they blame my mod. But we just proved out through that lengthy conversation and testing it hasn't got a thing to do with my mod at all.

I test everything heavily before I put it out on three machines. So I know my mod is sound and the storage is safe. It really sucks to get ear marked for some other ♥♥♥♥♥♥ mod's short comings. But it happens. I have been downvoted by people due to ♥♥♥♥ like this. It's upsetting to say the least.

I'm happy that we got to the root of your issue, and my comments above are not directed at you at all. You came in here and worked with me to fix it. So, I actually really love people who do this. Thank you for giving me the chance to work with you on this.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Nov 28, 2013 @ 8:51pm
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 30, 2013 @ 9:34am 
DRAGON ELDER SCROLL WILL NOT DISPLAY IN DAEDRIC SOUTH TOWER

The Dragon Elder Scroll appears in the base game as Elder Scroll. It is renamed to Elder Scroll (Dragon) with the Dawnguard add-on installed. So, if you are using this mod which is reliant upon the Dawnguard DLC it should not be an issue.
You can read more about it here: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Elder_Scroll

I'm not sure how a few people are in possession of the vanilla version dragon elder scroll while having Dawnguard DLC installed, so I installed a fourth display for the non Dawnguard version of the Dragon Elder Scroll in my last release. It is up high almost to the ceiling. Although this works for some, those that have a cracked or "pirated" versions of Skyrim or the Dawnguard DLC it will not work in any case.

One person who posted on this admitted he used a pirated version of skyrim and the DLC which would explain why the display does not work for him. If you have a cracked version of skyrim or it's dlc's don't ask me for support. I don't support thieves.

---------------------------------
Console Cheat Fix
---------------------------------

Teleport to a special room i've added that has all displayed items. Be sure you only pick up items that you should already have, such as the "Dragon Scroll".

Instructions (not sure how or if you can input commands in xbox):

Open up the console while in game. Press the tilda key "~" on the upper left part of your keyboard right below the ESC key. When this is open type the following in and then hit enter.

coc dlc1cleanertestroom
[hit the enter key]

This should teleport you to the testroom that has all the artifacts that go into the displays in the South Tower.

Now collect up all the items you already had, but not more (read below why) than what you had. Then use this coc command or use your teleport to castle volkihar spell.

coc dlc1cleanersouthtower

---------------------------------------------------
STEAM ACHIEVEMENTS COULD BE COMPROMISED IMPORTANT READING!
---------------------------------------------------
I do not recommend you take more than the items you already acquired in game if you are interested in getting your achievements in steam. Because if you take achievement associated items before finishing the quests associated with them you will NOT get the achievements.

Bethesda themselves release modding tools, and the console is enabled by default, so that suggests that you should be good to go right? Kind of.
Apparently once you issue a console command, you're no longer eligible for achievements until your next session. So if you're worried about achievements, enter your console command 'cheats' (like "fov 90"), save, exit, start up skyrim, load, and be on your merry way.

If you add deadric or aedric items before completing the quests associated with acquiring them then you might not get your achievements. Some quests must even be completed in a certain order and by certain choice path's in order to gain some achievements. Google is your friend, look it up.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Aug 26, 2017 @ 2:37am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Nov 30, 2013 @ 10:39pm 
THE CASTLE IS TOO BIG I GET LOST! HELP!

This mod is truly enormous. For people that are new to the mod or who don't want to get to know every passage of the castle by heart, I created Teleport Tower West which includes both Teleporters and a Spell Tome: Teleport Home. This travel system makes any utility in the castle a mere 30 strides from almost any point in the Castle.

Coupled with the teleport home spell and the teleport pads found in each tower, Castle Volkihar Redux is as convenient as any other small home but still gives you the "sandbox" that makes Skyrim so amazingly realistic and fun!

*Hint: If you awaken Nearly Headless Nick, follow him. He patrols to all my favorite spots and reveals some of the secret areas and secret passages!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A 2nd resource to help getting to know the castle are the map's I created.

For a full list of links to enlarged schematics of the entire castle click here to see the list

Tip: Whenever you see blue fire's, that marks the entrance to the Master Throne Wing, or means you are inside it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you find a teleporter on the ground it will initially require a filled "Grand Soul Gem" to remove it's respective cover.
Once removed, simply step on it and it will take you to the "Teleport Tower West", which connects to the upper tier of the Molag Church.

It is a rather hidden door, so look at the maps to find it. My best advice is, get to the 2nd teir where there are tiny balconies that overlook the molag bal church and worshippers. If you are facing the Molag Bal Shrine, it's just a few steps away behind the balcony on your left, you'll find a Portal cover in the form of a door that requires a grand soul gem to remove. Then you'll be able to get up into the teleport tower using a door behind that portal.

After you ascend the staircase and first enter the teleport tower, you'll see two books on a pedestal or "lectern". One is to learn the spell to teleport using your left and, and the other your right hand. Why? because it sucks when the left hand disarms your favorite weapon. But some people still like to have a lefty spell.. so I gave both options.

When you use the teleport home spell, or any of the teleporters around the castle, it takes you to the center soul well in the Teleport Tower West. This makes traveling the castle a few meager steps rather than a journey.

Inside the teleport tower you'll find two teleport systems, one is for travel to six major cities, the other is an internal teleport system, which is what this tutorial is about.

Once you pick up the "Spell Tome: Teleport to Castle Volkihar Right Hand" and find it in your inventory, learn it by clicking on it and it will now be in "Alteration" magics. I recommend you favorite it and assign it a quick draw number key.

Some of the teleporters take you inside of houses or secret passages beneath or around the city you teleported too. This makes it easier for vampires to get around and find prey without getting exposure to the sun.

Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Aug 4, 2016 @ 2:08am
This mod is truely incredible I've never seen more detail in a castle home and it must be like 30 mods in one if you count all the perks, goodies and cookies you put into it.

There are other castle mods out there trying to pose as great mods, but all they do is cause CTD's and break skyrim.

This mod is solid and has no bugs at all, zip, nada, unless you want to make up bull s hit like "the dragon masks should be moved 2 centemeters to the right" or "I don't like the name of the NPC" or "I suck my own ♥♥♥♥♥ and don't like the taste"! ROFL @ some of the gay ♥♥♥♥ posts you get in here.

I can't believe you spent 25 posts helping a guy with something that had NOTHING TO DO WITH YOUR MOD. and I can tell you already knew that, you told him that, but he was blaming your mod so you hung in there.

You are a great author, but a wierd guy for helping dipsshiit's who can't see their ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ from a hole in the ground.
Last edited by Moldy Corpse Eater; Dec 5, 2013 @ 12:58am
< >
Showing 16-30 of 279 comments
Per page: 1530 50