The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Castle Volkihar Redux - A Player Home
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 19, 2013 @ 10:56pm
Known Mod Conflicts
LIST OF NON COMPATIBLE MOD'S WITH CASTLE VOLKIHAR REDUX

If you think you've found a mod that is not compatible, please post it here.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The mods listed below are known to conflict with Castle Volkihar Redux mod.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*AFT Follower mod. Draugr guards or other followers may stop responding to commands if a mod such as AFT Followers is installed. Any mod that changes base game scripts that another mod relies on will see issues like this. Although it is not game breaking it can be an annoyance. One must choose which mod to use.
* Hearthfires. Moving your spouse into hearthfires homes will not be an option when using this mod.
* Open Cities
* Bones and Skeletons Re texture
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jan 25 @ 9:18am
< >
Showing 16-30 of 50 comments
brentbell91 Apr 18, 2014 @ 5:16pm 
Okay first nothing was working so I deleted all my other mods downloaded yours and now it works.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Apr 19, 2014 @ 2:34am 
Any idea which mod may have caused this issue? If it's not too much trouble maybe you could give me the list of mods you had to uninstall. Thanks.
brentbell91 Apr 20, 2014 @ 8:06pm 
No clue ha started removing them one by one and it was taking to long. I know it was a package thang cuz it subscribed me to about 200 mods the majority of them were upgrading skyrim towns, sounds ect that sort of thang.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] May 14, 2014 @ 2:59pm 
I have not tested this as it's on the nexus and I dont download from there. One of my subs says "miraak ii" mod is not compatible with this mod.
EpiCx Thund3r Jun 1, 2014 @ 8:37pm 
does not work with open cities :(
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 1, 2014 @ 9:39pm 
As it turns out I went to open cities landing page on steam. The author warns that the mod is broken and that bethesda has made it impossible for even he himself to use the mod.
He also goes on to say it is no longer supported.

Castle Volkihar Redux is still supported, but there is nothing I can do if that mod is trying to do something which is impossible that the game is not made to do.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7320

And I quote his support title::
"Help! I'm experiencing Infinite Load Screens (ILS) and/or Crashes to Desktop (CTD)!!"

I did nothing special to the entry door to the sewers that should cause an issue with any mod. However, I would recommend that you play with the load order if you've done all the fixes he recommends on his landing page first.

Try puting his last in the load list, if that doesn't work put mine last. If that doesn't work pick which mod you like better and uninstall the other one.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 20, 2014 @ 2:15am
mikemac4344 Jun 11, 2014 @ 5:06pm 
The repoirt is correct. This mod doesn't play well with Breezehome Fully Upgradable. The issue is that BFU sends you to the castle to purchase some Breezehome upgrades from Henseldt or Ceric (as best I remember the names) . I'm not sure if those NPCs were part of Dawnguard or were added by BUF. I think the solution is really for BUF to have alternate vendors that don't live at the castle. I know that when I tried to upgrade my Breezehome at the castle, I was unable to find Henseldt and Ceric was more interested in ending my life than he was in digging out my cellar.

CVR is practically a game unto itself. You put in a lot of effort and it shows. Congrats.

Originally posted by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR:
Could you send a link to the mod? Is it this one? http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=132876013

What problems do you have? And why do you think it is not compatible?

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 11, 2014 @ 6:25pm 
Thanks mikemac4344, for posting this information. Finally a viable issue has been discovered as to a possible culprit. As it says in the description for Castle Volkihar Redux "Any mod that changes castle Volkihar may not be compatible".

PS
Any two mods that touch or change the same resource within the game (whether it's objects or scripts) will conflict.
Hades Jul 17, 2014 @ 9:12am 
Hmm, this may have some clipping issues with Northern Cardinal (either the Dawnguard patch or the Legendary edition, both of which allow the ship to travel to Castle Volkihar). I haven't actually tried taking the ship to Volkihar yet to find out where it ports, so I may be totally wrong about that. If someone has both mods and is willing to test that out, perhaps adjustments can be made to accommodate or a patch at least.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jul 17, 2014 @ 10:57am 
I've never heard anything like this, but if you actually verify something like this let me know.
Hades Jul 18, 2014 @ 4:31am 
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=279229911&searchtext=Northern+Cardinal

This mod. It's a player ship mod with fast travel to various ports (Solitude, Dawnstar, Windhelm, Raven Rock if you have Dragonborn, and Volkihar Castle if you have Dawnguard, as well as Wyrmstooth and Falskaar if you have those mods). I know the mod makes very minor alterations to the docks of their respective ports, but I'm unsure where it docks at Volkihar and if it would conflict with the shipyard in your mod.

I haven't had the patience for a full Dawnguard playthrough since installing it, nor have I done the quest to get the ship for the NC mod again since the Dawnguard update, so I have no idea if there is a locational conflict with your shipyard compared to where the ship may dock. I love Dawnguard, but that damn seemingly endless dungeon crawl and the Lost Vale just make it hard to want to run more than one playthrough every few months, if even that often. My last run through Dawnguard reminded me why it had been over a year since my previous playthrough of Skyrim.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jul 18, 2014 @ 11:59pm 
oG] Azural,
Oh, ok that looks like a nice mod. My question was really asking you to be more specific about the bug you are experiencing as far as conflicts go between that mod and mine. What bug is occurring for you with both installed?
Hades Jul 19, 2014 @ 7:04am 
DC: It's not a bug (though I did have to use the floating grass fix for the first time ever in my game with Northern Cardinal) that was concerning me. I was just speculating that the ship, because it adds it's own custom docking areas to the locations it travels to, may have some world space conflicts with the rebuilt docs in your mod (this would only be for the versions that allow travel to CV). I've left a comment for the author on the mod page asking about where the ship docks with a link to your mod to find out. If nothing else, I'll play through Dawnguard in my game and unlock the Cardinal as well to see if the two are compatible. May even see if I can make a patch if they aren't and provide it for you and the author of NC to share.
Last edited by Hades; Jul 19, 2014 @ 7:04am
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jul 19, 2014 @ 8:17am 
Oh yeah good point. Thanks.
EpiCx Thund3r Jul 21, 2014 @ 11:08pm 
Ill defeinitely have to try all this, but between the two i like yours better, i just like the immersive feel of the city gates opening hAHA

Originally posted by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR:
As it turns out I went to open cities landing page on steam. The author warns that the mod is broken and that bethesda has made it impossible for even he himself to use the mod.
He also goes on to say it is no longer supported.

Castle Volkihar Redux is still supported, but there is nothing I can do if that mod is trying to do something which is impossible that the game is not made to do.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=7320

And I quote his support title::
"Help! I'm experiencing Infinite Load Screens (ILS) and/or Crashes to Desktop (CTD)!!"

I did nothing special to the entry door to the sewers that should cause an issue with any mod. However, I would recommend that you play with the load order if you've done all the fixes he recommends on his landing page first.

Try puting his last in the load list, if that doesn't work put mine last. If that doesn't work pick which mod you like better and uninstall the other one.
< >
Showing 16-30 of 50 comments
Per page: 15 30 50