Castle Volkihar Redux - A Player Home
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 14, 2013 @ 11:49pm
Requests
Please submit any requests for this mod here.

HEARTHFIRE VERSION INFORMATION
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jan 29 @ 4:25am
Showing 1-15 of 184 comments
< >
(GONE TO F*CKING COMIC CON) Jun 15, 2013 @ 1:52am 
A cgapel. Where you cn marry.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:37am 
There is a church of molag bal in valerica tower. Not sure what more to do there. There is even a high priest there.
(GONE TO F*CKING COMIC CON) Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:37am 
Well can you mary there?
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:39am 
I wouldnt have a clue as to how to do that. The only wedding ceremony is heavily scripted in Riften and I wouldnt even begin to have the skills for that.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:42am
(GONE TO F*CKING COMIC CON) Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:40am 
Well then take Marmel's voice diolouge and give it to your high priest. Not to sound rude.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:43am 
This is how I might have to go about doing it:
http://www.creationkit.com/Category:Radiant_Story

I've had issues making my radiant quests work. I'm working on another mod and it's broken for me.

You can't just simply give a voice to someone, it has to have scripting and a radiant quest for it to work, its complicated beyond my abilities. Sorry. And this mod is at it's size limit for something of that scope and size of work/learning curve.
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:43am
(GONE TO F*CKING COMIC CON) Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:44am 
Oh. Well I don't know. I may have the Creation Kit. But I don't know how to make mods.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:46am 
PS
Thanks for the suggestion, it's a good one. Also, alot of people want to be able to marry serana, well there is a mod out for that, but the caveat is that you have to wait until the questline is over to enable the mod. This would change how my mod activates, and when, and could potentially cause really bad bugs. So, all in all this would not be possible, even if I wanted to.
(GONE TO F*CKING COMIC CON) Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:47am 
Ok.
(GONE TO F*CKING COMIC CON) Jun 15, 2013 @ 2:55am 
Well this was the best mod I have seen so far.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 15, 2013 @ 3:58am 
I tried, thanks.
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 21, 2013 @ 3:38am 
LittleBunker 3 hours ago
Lovely mod thank you so much for posting it! I'd really like to make a couple comments though :D

It may be because I'm running other mods, but when I first entered the Master Throne Room I was unable to unlock the cabinet door without using a console command. For some reason, the lever (I'm assuming that's what opens the door?) was unclickable.

Just a few minor suggestions:

Please add dialogue to the NPC's, even if it is just text. I'm so curious about everyone, but when I try to talk to them they have nothing to say.

I'm not for sure if any of the NPC's walk into the throne room, but it'd be nice to have some subjects hanging out there as well. As it is now, it is very empty.

Thank you so much again for this wonderful mod. This is how it should've been on Dawnguard release. Great job! :)
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 21, 2013 @ 3:39am 
LittleBunker 3 hours ago
Sorry just an additional suggestion, I think it'd be great to see more NPC's throughout the castle overall. :D
DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 21, 2013 @ 4:12am 
First thanks for the kind words. The cabinet is locked because there is a quest to use a key on it "Releasing the Coven". It activates when you install the mod and directs you through opening the cabinet and getting some NPC's to poplate the castle.

There is dialogue on 13 added NPC's in the castle. 6 of which are followers. Throne room is just for the king, it's not really supposed to be like a jarl's room. That would be more for Valerica in Valerica's Tower. At least for me this is the way I invisioned it.
I tried adding mroe NPC's and it was just bad all the way around if you don't have a reason for them and to be honest, I didnt come up with any ideas that suited it.

The mod is at it's size limit, and really is very large. It's got every vendor the game offers and alot of unique stuff. It's pretty much a done deal as far as NPC's go.

For me, Vampires as an seclusive type. Especially for a Vampire King, if he wants to party, it's only a door away.

The NPC's that I do have in the castle, something like 25 including the guards do pat around, but only at certain times. You'll see them use just about every part of the castle at one time or another. As all castles go in general, we don't want to have to supply too many thralls, or vampires get caught. I think they would keep their numbers down.

Thanks for the suggestions..

DiGiTaL CLeaNeR  [developer] Jun 22, 2013 @ 4:23pm 
Although it's not a redux of Dawnguard Castle, it uses much of it's objects and graphics. This is one of my favorite versions of Dawnguard Castle's remake that I even made a portal to get there from inside my castle.

In the east wing cavern of the Throne room you will find the portal I am speaking of. There is a picture of the portals in my mods last few screenshots.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=91095368
Last edited by DiGiTaL CLeaNeR; Jun 22, 2013 @ 4:25pm
Showing 1-15 of 184 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50