This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Dreamfall Chapters: The Longest Journey
Candesco Mar 8, 2013 @ 2:18pm
Expansion or new game?
Is this Dreamfall Chapters an expansion to Dreamfall and thus it continues actually the story to what was left by Funcom or is it actually a new game that doesn't have ties with TLJ and Dreamfall and just add a new story to the TLJ serie? If it does continue the events of Dreamfall, then what about April Ryan and Kian? Arpil is actually the main protogonist of TLJ and is featured in both games. So far i only see Zoe Castillo mentioned. And is Funcom also involved, as advisors or something like that? TLJ is originally from them.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Sesquipedaliant Mar 8, 2013 @ 2:33pm 
It is a sequel to Dreamfall, starting where Dreamfall left off. Zoe is the main protagonist, but Kian will also be playable, as well as a third mystery character (April is involved somehow -they brought back the voice actress- but they are not saying how).
April will be the main character in The Longest Journey Home, the next game also announced during the Kickstarter.
As for Funcom, the design team -including creator Ragnar Tornquist, broke off from Funcom to make this game. Funcom gave them the license and their blessing but is not really involved.
Here's all the info: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey
Valiah Mar 9, 2013 @ 12:20am 
As Sesquipedaliant says, it's not really an expansion, it's a sequel. Dreamfall chapters picks up the story about 1 year after the events in Dreamfall. Chapters will conclude the "dreamer cycle" of The Longest Journey, meaning Zoe's story. Like in Dreamfall there will be 3 playable characters, the main one being Zoe and Kian being the second announced pc. The main people that were involved in TLJ and Dreamfall joined the creator Ragnar Tornquist at Red Thread Games to make chapters, so it's essentially the same people.
Vanyel May 17, 2013 @ 10:29am 
I'm looking forward.
LanceL May 20, 2013 @ 4:21am 
game looks good.
Voodooman May 26, 2013 @ 7:04am 
Well, considering the fact that April supposed to be dead and they dont want to spoil obvious fact that she is actually alive (anyway ending of TLJ 1 spoiled this - old Lady Alvane with old Crow is old April, who is obviously a wife of Kian Alvane, thats why April has surname Alvane in the end of TLJ 1), im 100% that character number 3 is April.
Ofcourse for some people who dont know or understand story of TLJ so well and lacking bits of logic, its not obvious that April is alive, so for them April's appearance would be surprise.

Also if you ask me how april is alive - i bet a dollar that Zoe will make her alive by using Dreamer powers, which i believe simply makes everything dreamer tells in void a reality, so she can alter reality from there by telling that april is alive, Dreamfall had a lot of clues about this, as well as that our old Drunk buddy is pocessed by undreaming and is the prophet.

As for TLJ home, i think is sort of midquel, that stand in a middle between TLJ and DF, while DFC is true sequel which i hope will finally end the story, because i dont want game to turn into endless series with no end, which will cheapen series.
Last edited by Voodooman; May 26, 2013 @ 7:09am
Candesco Jul 4, 2013 @ 5:49am 
Originally posted by Voodooman:
Well, considering the fact that April supposed to be dead and they dont want to spoil obvious fact that she is actually alive (anyway ending of TLJ 1 spoiled this - old Lady Alvane with old Crow is old April, who is obviously a wife of Kian Alvane, thats why April has surname Alvane in the end of TLJ 1), im 100% that character number 3 is April.
Ofcourse for some people who dont know or understand story of TLJ so well and lacking bits of logic, its not obvious that April is alive, so for them April's appearance would be surprise.

Also if you ask me how april is alive - i bet a dollar that Zoe will make her alive by using Dreamer powers, which i believe simply makes everything dreamer tells in void a reality, so she can alter reality from there by telling that april is alive, Dreamfall had a lot of clues about this, as well as that our old Drunk buddy is pocessed by undreaming and is the prophet.

As for TLJ home, i think is sort of midquel, that stand in a middle between TLJ and DF, while DFC is true sequel which i hope will finally end the story, because i dont want game to turn into endless series with no end, which will cheapen series.

April was also in Dreamfall and one of the playable characters, so that story about being an old lady is a bit strange and i doubt if it's true. In dreamfall april lives as a rebel on arcadia. Dreamfall is 10 years after the events of TLJ. In the game all 3 the characters are crossing their paths. So it would be logical to see April also in chapters. A TLJ game without April ain't a TLJ game. It's like removing geralt from the witcher.
Voodooman Jul 5, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
How about turning on your logic for a little while?

Lady Alvane sequence happened WHEN APRIL AND CROW WAS ALREADY OLD, which means that events of TLJ 1 ending happens LOOOOOOOOONG AFTER Dreamfall and Chapters. Also is you dont remember this - she mentioned that both worlds was merged into one. I belive that point will be ultimate ending of TLJ story and im pretty sure it was all part of Drai Kin plan XD
Naughty Girl Jul 12, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
w
Libraian Ezekiel Jul 12, 2013 @ 7:11pm 
I was wondering the same thing, I dont wana be trying to play a game and be completly out of the loop because I missed another game
Drazzan Jun 19 @ 11:06am 
As people have said, it's a Sequel to Dreamfall. I figure the story will be accessible regardless of the previous chapters.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50