¡La Comunidad ha dado luz verde a este juego!

La comunidad ha mostrado su interés por este juego. Valve se ha puesto en contacto con este desarrollador para comenzar con los trámites que llevarían a su lanzamiento en Steam

iRacing.com
James 25 de Feb, 2013 a las 16:38
How would Steam integration work?
Genuine question as an existing iRacer who loves Steam :)
Mostrando 1-15 de 32 comentarios
< >
mikie poo 25 de Feb, 2013 a las 18:23 
More then likely as just a distribution point as many MMO's do. When you start the game it boots up steam and then sends me to the launcher of the game I am trying to play where it is updated from the games actual launcher.
Kneebon5 25 de Feb, 2013 a las 20:12 
From iRacing:

Again, if we added Steam, it would just be a distribution point. There is no way we would agree to have them exclusively take over updating etc and force people to Steam. In other words, as some have suggested, absolutely nothing would change and your updates would be through us, not them. You would not deal with them at all. Most new people would still directly come through us anyway. Ideally what we envision if we could work something out is simply a package offer or two through them, they get their split and would be a one-time install/download from them. After that, everything through us. Certainly worth exploring, they are good at what they do and built up a very big market place
X- 25 de Feb, 2013 a las 23:57 
So in other words, they just want to use Steam as a way to advertise iRacing.
nakke 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 1:33 
Publicado originalmente por X-:
So in other words, they just want to use Steam as a way to advertise iRacing.
In other words, like any game out there.
X- 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 3:09 
NO nakke, not like ANY other game on Steam. All other games can be purchased and ran through steam. iRacing on the other hand seems like it will just be an advertisement that redirects you to their existing p2p system and browser based launcher.
James 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 4:25 
As an iRacing subscriber I think this is a shameful "grab for cash" while offering NOTHING to Steam users.

Not very well thought out, not at all.

They at least need to offer an offline, free to play mode through Steam at a minimum.
venax 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 13:58 
wtf you can t add a game to steam , that you don t pay first and then you have to pay inside the game , steam will not accept this 100%
Elod 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 15:04 
If you would like to see a similar integration, check out Eve

Clearly that the additional exposure would be a great thing for iRacing

And using steam's awesome content delivery system, and steam wallet to purchase iracing credits.
James 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 15:11 
Publicado originalmente por Elod:
And using steam's awesome content delivery system, and steam wallet to purchase iracing credits.

That is the thing, they have said they will not be using the delivery system and nothing will change meaning steam wallet will not be used either.

They do not understand what Steam is, they are pathetic.
Elod 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 18:00 
Nothing will change for existing members. The updater will stay the same, payment methods, the forums, the friends system.

Clearly people that join through steam will download the initial install from steam and additional features provided by being on steam will be looked into - steam wallet being the one that makes the most sense.

We've (hi!) tried to dialog with Steam for a few years now to no avail, and now that Greenlight is the way to go for non-traditonal titles to get their foot in the door to Steam, here we are.

It's rather sad that the Sim racing community is so vitriolic that personal opinions blind people to the fact that growing the niche segment of the market that is hardcore sim racing is a good thing and there's no better place to be for exposure than Steam. It's so depressing that since we launched our greenlight page, Assetto Corsa saw a 50% jump in their no votes. It's not an either/or question.

I sure as hell will play both, along with rfactor2 and pcars too.
Última edición por Elod; 26 de Feb, 2013 a las 18:01
DocKY 27 de Feb, 2013 a las 9:15 
So true, Elod.
Sim racing needs more advertisement. I play alot of PC games and i also love driving cars IRL, but i heard of hardcore sim racing just recently. Dunno how this happend but i wish i could race few years ealier when i had much more free time.

Voted iRacing and AC Yes. Everyone who is a sim racer should support all titles.
schell0r 27 de Feb, 2013 a las 10:45 
playing pCars and will test AC

but hands down: iRacing is the ultimate service for every diehard motorsport/simracing fan
Renne 27 de Feb, 2013 a las 15:50 
I already have the iRacing for a while, but I wonder how it would work for purchased tracks and cars, Steam would be intermediate, or would be a payment option for those who want to buy more cars and tracks?

I have friends who were very interested in this possibility

Publicado originalmente por James:
Genuine question as an existing iRacer who loves Steam :)
-Gamah 10 de Mar, 2013 a las 23:54 
Publicado originalmente por _oo_:
Originally posted by X-:
NO nakke, not like ANY other game on Steam. All other games can be purchased and ran through steam. iRacing on the other hand seems like it will just be an advertisement that redirects you to their existing p2p system and browser based launcher.

Care to take a look at EVE online...? The amount of stupid you posess amazes me.
dudley 31 de Mar, 2013 a las 16:29 
Or for an even more obvious example, RaceRoom.
Mostrando 1-15 de 32 comentarios
< >
Por página: 15 30 50