Here There Be Monsters: Call of Cthulhu
Araanim  [розробник] 22 лип 2013 о 18:26
I need some serious help.
So I'm sorry I haven't made a great deal of progress on this, but I'm hitting a lot of things that I have no idea how to achieve. If anybody can show me how to do this or point me in the right direction, I'd really appreciate it.

-The biggest thing I have no idea how to do is scripted scenes. I need:
cultists dancing around a fire
cultists praying to Cthulhu
the player waking up in a strange bed with people all around him that start talking to him then try to kill him
the player passing out and waking up in a different location
a posse shouting for blood then marching off into the woods with the player when he joins them
a guard that runs up and starts talking to the player then runs to meet the posse
make hermaeus mora appear and talk to the player (and possibly fight?)
All of these scenes need to be scripted, and I'm not sure where to start.

-I want to skin a fire wyrm onto a slaughterfish skeleton (same problem as the ice wraith in HTBM). The fire wyrm is extremely buggy and flies like 80' above the ground. A slaughterfish, however, behaves quite well in the water (obviously) and actually slithers across the ground quite well. If I had a fire wyrm that moved with a slaughterfish's animations, it would slither on the ground and fight quite well. Does anyone know if this is even remotely possible? I feel like it should simply be linking the fire wyrm's model to the slaughterfish's skeleton, but I have no idea if it can be done.

-Along that same vein, I want to skin a Benthic Lurker to a Falmer. I want to create Deep Ones (from A Shadow Over Innsmouth) by simply making smaller Lurkers. I want them to be able to use weapons, however. Falmer animations would be the perfect blend of animalism while still allowing them to use weapons (can Falmer use any weapon? Not sure if I ever tested that). Obviously any humanoid NPC would work, but I like the movement of the Falmer for the Deep Ones.

-This one seems fairly simple, but I'm not sure how to achieve it. I want the Hunter to reside on his ship. However, when the player starts this quest I want the Hunter to be captured by cultists and move to an area and become locked up. However, once he is freed I need him to return to the ship.

-I really want to make the Hunter's ship movable. I know the items in a player home (the ones you get when you upgrade) are actually positioned off of the screen and then move into the house when you purchase them. I feel like I could do this with all the pieces of his ship and have it move from place to place. I'm not even talking about driveable, I just want to be able to warp from location to location so you can fight monsters with it.

-Also, when using the ship to fight monsters, I'm trying to figure out how to reload a Dwarven ballista. It's seems like such a simple act to pull a lever and reset the trap, but I can't figure out how.

-I still haven't made the Hunter hireable, and I'm not sure why. It might just be that his voice isn't one of the available follower voices. I really need him to be a follower in this one, since he's pretty central to the whole story. (Also, any idea how to make him being a follower a condition that decides whether you can move forward in the quest? In HTBM I just moved him to the player every time you killed a monster so you'd be sure he was there, but it doesn't work all that well.)

-Does anybody know how to make NPCs stay in shackles? I can get them to spawn in them, but if there's any enemy they immediately break out and start fighting or running. I've seen this on some forums but no definitive answer. I've got some prisoners I need to free, and I need about 20+ NPCs to just hang there as sacrifices to Cthulhu :-).

-Related problem: any idea how to put the player in shackles? That being said, how would the player escape?

-I'm having some trouble with factions; namely keeping the Innsmouth villagers and the cultists and the Deep Ones and the Shoggoths and the Star-Spawn from murdering each other.

-Any idea how to make Cthulhu escape? I feel like him just kind of manifesting through a door is pretty anti-climactic. I guess the easiest thing would be to just have the whole wall explode and have him break out. This could be heavily scripted, I just need it to look incredible.

-I want to make a custom Shout, called the Call of Cthulhu. The shout itself isn't too difficult, but I don't know how to make a word wall function correctly.

-Does anybody know how to make a book trap the player (like in the Dragonborn quests)? I want the player to find a Black Book (the Necronomicon, obviously) and have that trap you and transport you to Rlyeh. It seems fairly simple, but I can't get it to work.

-Voice work. Lots and lots of voice work.

-Also, I still actually need a Cthulhu. Anybody interested in monster design that knows a thing or two about custom models, by all means give it a try. I was thinking of using a Benthic Lurker as a base model/animation since they feel giant and fishy and since all of their attacks are tentacle-based. Also, the fact that they are considered "Giants" in the CK means they interact better with enemies that are smaller than them. The Seekers are very Lovecraft inspired and would be pretty perfect as well. I'd like Cthulhu to feel like he fits in Apocrypha, a mix of Lurker and Seeker and Hermy-Mora himself. While still very very very much being Cthulhu.

If anybody has any pointers for trying to work this stuff out, please let me know. I really want this mod to be absolutely awesome, and a real horror experience. Thanks for everyone's help and support. Blessings of the Nine to ye.
Автор останньої редакції: Araanim; 16 вер 2013 о 10:40
Показані коментарі 15 із 5
< >
kalvin1226 14 вер 2013 о 23:39 
honestly sir, this is the #1 most ambitious mod i've seen, and the one that I would absolutely love to support in any way i can. I like the way you seem to be going about this, and i hope it works out, however i have no experience with any of this at all, I can only offer my moral support, my best wishes, and if you think of anything a complete novice with no artistic skill can do for you, feel free to get in touch with me.
Draven 6 жов 2013 о 14:22 
There are very few things I can help you with, but as far as I can see, I can give you some tips.

1. The voice work: There are many voice actors, good and bad ones, free ones and paid ones. It's always good to have a voice actor who already made a mod and/or voiced someone in another mod, so you know if it sounds good in-game, but you probably already know that.

2. Hermaeus Mora: On the Nexus there's a model of Hermaeus Mora http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/37413/

3. There are some quest mods that have things similar to the ones you want (like "the player waking up in a strange bed with people all around him that start talking to him then try to kill him
the player passing out and waking up in a different location" and probably other things)

4. Many modders on the Nexus and Steam have made good animations and Models, for example Vicn and other people who made monster resources and mods.

5. Unique weapons can be found all over the nexus. For example this resource pack: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/12087/

6. Some of the things you need/want are probably pretty simple when using scripts, so you can just ask on the Nexus and Steam forums or ask one of the big quest modders, like the creator(s) of Moonpath to Elsweyr.

7. The shackles: Theres probably some kind of Ai package you can give them to stay in the shackles. I also found a tutorial for Ai Packages, but I dont know if it covers that aspect.: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E3Nd8LXYRA0
About how the player can escape the shackles, maybe you could add somekind of sharp weapon lying or standing around somewhere that the player can activate to cut through the shackles.

I'm sorry that I can't help you more than this, but I'm far too tired and I dont know very much about Creation Kit, especially about scripts. And I'm also sorry if you can't understand a word I'm saying, I'm german so my english isnt perfect.
Автор останньої редакції: Draven; 21 гру 2013 о 11:39
Araanim  [розробник] 11 жов 2013 о 7:35 
Thanks for the help. That Hermaeus Mora model is a great idea actually. Any idea how to transfer a single asset from one mod to another like that?
Draven 11 жов 2013 о 11:41 
I'm not sure what you mean...are you talking about getting the model from the npc resource into your mod?
Jera 14 січ о 19:56 
Like I said in general in your other mod, available for voicework. I've got a good range and a couple rather nice mics. You need cultists? Done. Crazed cult leader? You got it. The Great Old One Himself? We'd need to edit it a bit, but we can do it.

Like I said, if you need some male NPCs voiced, my schedule is pretty open for the time being.
Автор останньої редакції: Jera; 14 січ о 19:57
Показані коментарі 15 із 5
< >
На сторінку: 15 30 50