Ce jeu est maintenant disponible sur Steam !

Merci d'avoir aidé ce jeu à être distribué sur Steam. De plus amples informations ainsi qu'un lien vers la page du magasin Steam sont disponibles ci-dessous.

Planet Explorers
Enter Name 25 avr 2013 à 7h24
Are custom weapons even worth it?
I've built a few different weapons, and I can say without any shame, I am terrible at it. Yet, I keep at it and throw things together aiming for something large typically, and the damage always stays rather low compared to the same material's script crafted sword. Anyone else having better luck?
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 10 sur 10
< >
Shift Happens 26 avr 2013 à 9h28 
It doesn't become worth it until you reach gun crafting, that is where the crafting system really starts to shine.
Shift Happens 26 avr 2013 à 9h29 
Plus, it's just kinda fun to have your own custom items out in the game.
Ex0du5 26 avr 2013 à 16h10 
Gun crafting is where it's at, and naturally vehicles too. Normal gun scripts are much weaker than making your own, I mean the scripts are ok and all but there's nothing like putting multiple barrels on a gun and going hunting!
Enter Name 26 avr 2013 à 21h47 
Cool, been messing around with it a bit more, got some decently powerful weapons, but I feel like I still hav eno clue what I'm doing. Like, do mixing materials do anything? Or should I like, stick to single type materials?
[HZ}-Walldasher 27 avr 2013 à 1h39 
Take the best material you have, the more you put into your weapon the more it cost but the more damage it does
Yager652 2 mai 2013 à 17h57 
I ended up making a mini chain gun and wow it sure kicks some ♥♥♥! sooo worth making your own weapons. I have alos made a double barrel shot gun and a 4 bladed battle axe
Yager652 2 mai 2013 à 17h59 
As for guns more materials does not equal more powerful. There is a weight limit I have come across.
Panaka_NL 5 mai 2013 à 16h02 
The better the material, the more surface area and the longer the distance between the grip and the barrel(s) the higher the damage will be.
People can and have created some monster weapons that are game breaking. As in one shot kills for all but the most dangerous enemies.
Malus Tepes 11 mai 2013 à 22h52 
I am a Moderator on the Forums and expert weapon maker. There is some inaccuracy in the above posts.

How the mechanics work are different.
For swords, it is based upon a special calculation of Surface Area vs Volume with a Pattern Detector. This means, you can't just make a Cheese Grader or a Big Block of Metal to get massive damage. It's meant to force you to actually work on the design of the weapon. The more artsy you get, the more likely it will be a dangerous weapon. I myself have made Steel weapons reaching over 270 attack. This is FAR higher than the current material script. In addition, Materials play a HEAVY role in this. A 270 Steel weapon would likely be around 325-350 if made with aluminum instead.

For Guns, it is based Lightly upon Volume, and heavily based upon distance of the Barrel from the handle, and lightly upon the materials. So, an Aluminum gun will hardly see any improvement over a Steel gun, when compared with the improvement a sword will get. As such, in diamond tier weapons when we reach there, custom swords are likely to have higher DPS, assuming we don't get a major bullet upgrade to improve the lack of scaling guns have.

However, guns are far more powerful currently because of the Range Factor, and the fact that a poor Iron gun will heavily out shine its script partner for less material, and will be only minorly behind a Steel gun identical to it.
GonTar 1 juin 2013 à 23h15 
The Dark Lord a écrit :
I am a Moderator on the Forums and expert weapon maker. There is some inaccuracy in the above posts.

How the mechanics work are different.
For swords, it is based upon a special calculation of Surface Area vs Volume with a Pattern Detector. This means, you can't just make a Cheese Grader or a Big Block of Metal to get massive damage. It's meant to force you to actually work on the design of the weapon. The more artsy you get, the more likely it will be a dangerous weapon. I myself have made Steel weapons reaching over 270 attack. This is FAR higher than the current material script. In addition, Materials play a HEAVY role in this. A 270 Steel weapon would likely be around 325-350 if made with aluminum instead.

For Guns, it is based Lightly upon Volume, and heavily based upon distance of the Barrel from the handle, and lightly upon the materials. So, an Aluminum gun will hardly see any improvement over a Steel gun, when compared with the improvement a sword will get. As such, in diamond tier weapons when we reach there, custom swords are likely to have higher DPS, assuming we don't get a major bullet upgrade to improve the lack of scaling guns have.

However, guns are far more powerful currently because of the Range Factor, and the fact that a poor Iron gun will heavily out shine its script partner for less material, and will be only minorly behind a Steel gun identical to it.
Really usefull ^
Read it, and thanks for the info The Dark Lord
Affichage des commentaires 1 à 10 sur 10
< >
Par page : 15 30 50