Este jogo agora está disponível no Steam!

Agradecemos a sua ajuda em selecionar este jogo para ser distribuído pelo Steam. Mais informações, incluindo um link para a página na loja Steam, podem ser encontradas abaixo.

Planet Explorers
Nammi-namm 3/abr/2013 às 16:41
Linux support
Will the game come out on Linux? I know with the latest version of Unity3D then its just a click away. I'm just asking for a confirmation that we Linux people will be able to play this on Steam.
Exibindo comentários 12 de 2
< >
Hypnotoad 7/abr/2013 às 6:05 
From their kickstarter page:
"Linux will be very likely (we're using the Unity engine, so it's a given, but we're testing this next week to be sure)."

However, it was the same a week ago (possibly longer).
Would like to get some confirmation/update as well.
inferno986return 9/abr/2013 às 9:09 
From what I have seen on the Unity documentation (http://docs.unity3d.com/Documentation/Manual/PublishingBuilds.html), Linux builds shouldn't be too much of an issue. Now the documentation is old and doesn't take into account Linux builds. But remember if we have a Mac OS X build, it makes Linux more feasible because it shows that there is a variant of a game that runs without Windows-specific dependencies like DirectX.

The actual Planet Explorer game requires .NET (it must have been programmed in C-Sharp rather than UnityScript) and OpenCL. The .NET framework is covered by Mono so that is no worry (Unity do that for you, hence the games would only run on Windows/X-BOX). OpenCL is an open techonology, but you have to have a graphics card + driver that supports it.

But with the current work on drivers on Linux because of Valve. I don't see that being an issue.

TL;DR, it's feasible and Pathea just to clarify it at some stage. :-)
Última edição por inferno986return; 9/abr/2013 às 9:09
Exibindo comentários 12 de 2
< >
Por página: 15 30 50