This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Assetto Corsa
Nammi-namm Feb 26, 2013 @ 12:07pm
Linux version?
Any word if the game will be ported to Linux, potentially somewhere in the future? There is a big hole needing to fill with simulation driving games on there.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
lowbob Feb 27, 2013 @ 12:04pm 
that would be awesome :)
Kunos Simulazioni  [developer] Feb 27, 2013 @ 2:02pm 
Unfortunately we are a very small team and we can only concentrate on one platform at a time. We are not platform fanatics, but Windows at this moment is the best compromise of hardware power+peripherals needed for a sim+market share.

Sorry.
Mick Jun 14, 2013 @ 2:07am 
Well, its not good for us but we can understand your point of view but be curious about the developement of linux, its getting bigger and bigger every days ;)
(Tuxy)Twoony Jun 20, 2013 @ 3:15am 
yea soon with MIR coming to ubuntu and Nvidia supporting EGL hence MIR the graphics sub system of linux will be on a par with windows and hopefully very stable and fast.

If you tie yourselves down to Direct X then this can only be a bad thing for the team in future when you may need to port. Who knows, steam box might even just be OpenGL and a Linux hybrid

Dea1993 Jun 23, 2013 @ 11:12am 
please make a linux version, i'll buy immediatly
Last edited by Dea1993; Jun 23, 2013 @ 11:16am
Dea1993 Jul 2, 2013 @ 2:14am 
Originally posted by Kunos Simulazioni:
Unfortunately we are a very small team and we can only concentrate on one platform at a time. We are not platform fanatics, but Windows at this moment is the best compromise of hardware power+peripherals needed for a sim+market share.

Sorry.
in the future when the windows version require less maintenance, we'll see assetto corsa on linux?
if you funding the project with kickstarter, can you make a linux version??
i'm sure that a lot of people want buy this game for linux.

thanks and sorry for my english, but i'm italian
turnip Jul 2, 2013 @ 4:50pm 
I'll definitely buy this if it comes to Linux.
Mick Jul 5, 2013 @ 4:15am 
MIR will be able in ubuntu 13.10 ;)
Danilo Pianini Jul 25, 2013 @ 1:14pm 
Mee too, will buy this when released on Linux :)
[NH] The Franchise ?! Jul 25, 2013 @ 2:02pm 
I sometimes dual boot linux too and having more games for linux would be awesome. Since the team is small they should kickstarter a linux team after the major updates for the windows version are done.
doser Oct 29, 2013 @ 12:26pm 
DirectX 11. Windows or WINE only.

Windows sucks. Everything should go OpenGL, thanks :)
[SS] Linux Carioca Dec 7, 2013 @ 3:33pm 
Version linux is important

SteamOS is coming
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50