This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Project Awakened
SiltLifted Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:47pm
This game looks sweet
Would love for it to hit Steam - would be an autobuy for me!
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
ΩΜΣḠǞ Feb 12, 2013 @ 6:39pm 
Definitely, the amount of replayability this game has is vast. Hopefully more people will support it so that it will actually come out.
TheKingBoggart Feb 12, 2013 @ 7:57pm 
Would love to see this game on the market!
lakersfan992 Feb 12, 2013 @ 8:29pm 
I wonder if I could control earth rocks and make rocks pop up out of the streets, and wreak havoc across the city and RULE THE WORLD.
=(e)= e_hand Feb 12, 2013 @ 8:58pm 
buy this in a heart beat
TurloughMc Feb 13, 2013 @ 9:03am 
this game looks amazing and more people should pledge money to it on kickstarter
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 13, 2013 @ 9:36am 
Originally posted by ΩΜΣGÅ:
Definitely, the amount of replayability this game has is vast. Hopefully more people will support it so that it will actually come out.
How do you even know that? All they have done is show off graphics and character customazation? (and technically shouldn't it be "will have" rather than "has"?)
They say that you can craft vastly different characters that will all be viable but we haven't actually seen any game content, puzzles, story or obstacles to judge that.

I am seriously concerned that they focus too much on polygons and freedom to create whatever you want and too little on story and gameplay.
They haven't shown us anything of the latter. Sure they have reassured us that the SP will be nice. But they haven't shown anything yet as far as I know..
mrcheetah Feb 13, 2013 @ 11:55am 
my question is:
What is the game about ??
ΩΜΣḠǞ Feb 13, 2013 @ 3:49pm 
Originally posted by GorlomSwe:
Originally posted by ΩΜΣGÅ:
How do you even know that? All they have done is show off graphics and character customazation? (and technically shouldn't it be "will have" rather than "has"?)
They say that you can craft vastly different characters that will all be viable but we haven't actually seen any game content, puzzles, story or obstacles to judge that.

I am seriously concerned that they focus too much on polygons and freedom to create whatever you want and too little on story and gameplay.
They haven't shown us anything of the latter. Sure they have reassured us that the SP will be nice. But they haven't shown anything yet as far as I know..

There is some more detail on the Project awakened website and kickstarter page. Also more detail is soon to be revealed on the kickstarter page and others, they just need the funds to know that the project will continue.
DeadManWalking Feb 13, 2013 @ 9:53pm 
Yes, make absolutely sure to visit the Kickstarter page and pledge if you want this game to come out. $25 ($20 if you get an early discount) gets you a copy of the game on release.
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 14, 2013 @ 7:52am 
Originally posted by DeadManWalking:
Yes, make absolutely sure to visit the Kickstarter page and pledge if you want this game to come out. $25 ($20 if you get an early discount) gets you a copy of the game on release.
They are asking for 500 000 for a game that should need in the 7-8 figure numbers to be developed.

They say they have other sources or whatever it was so kickstarter is hardly required for their release. And the stretchgoals are rather uninspiring.

All I see is cool graphics and a cool character customazation. I don't see any game (only promises that there is one) on any of the three sources mentioned in this thread.
DeadManWalking Feb 14, 2013 @ 11:18am 
Yeah, they've had people ask about that in the Kickstarter comments, this is their reply:

"To answer questions about budget, there are a couple things that help us do this with our kickstarter goals

1) We already have a big head start on Project Awakened. We already have a lot of content and prototyping finished, as you can see from the original, in-engine footage we've shared in the video and screenshots. The kickstarter goal isn't the amount of money it would take us to start the project from scratch, it's what we need to put a dedicated team into finishing the project from where it is already at.

2) We are planning on putting additional funding into this project on top of the funds we get from kickstarter. The base Kickstarter goal is the minimum that we need which, when added to the resources we can bring independently, would allow us to deliver a game to the quality that people expect out of a retail title, and put a solid ship date on it.

3) We are starting with a big, big leg up on most other independent studios because we are starting with a solid game engine in-hand (UE4) which can deliver on the next-gen quality we expect with relatively little effort on our end. Many other high profile kickstarters need a large amount of funding due to the need to create an engine from scratch, which we can avoid due to our great Unreal expertise and relationship with Epic games.

4) Our ambitions will not end with the launch of our game. We hope to start with at least a nugget of something that is awesome, and continue to grow it, add content, and evolve it into what we think will be a great, deep, and expansive game. Depending on the level of success of our kickstarter, we may not be able to achieve all of our lofty goals at launch, but we will continue to work on it afterwards to grow into the vision we have of the game, much like many other digitally distributed PC games like Minecraft have done.

This is an important point that we hope we've made clear, so please let us know if we can answer any more concerns."
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:28pm 
To me it seems like both the kickstarter and the Greenlight submission are just a marketing strategy. A PR campaign that will most likely be very sucessfull. (It might sound like I think that is wrong somehow. I'm not, I wish them all good luck with that and hope they are sucessfull in making a game they can be proud of)

I'm just concerned that there is so little about the story and actual gameplay available. Technically it this move by them seems to have been done a bit early from a consumers point of view.
DeadManWalking Feb 14, 2013 @ 12:39pm 
I don't think it's a marketing strategy--the company they were under to originally make the game went out of business and they formed their own studio, after all.
Gorlom[Swe] Feb 14, 2013 @ 1:21pm 
Its going to take them 2 years to closed beta... Don't you think it is a bit early to put on Greenlight? They even mention in their update on Kickstarter that they hope people from Steam Greenlight will find their kickstarter. It feels like the introduction on Greenlight timed together with the kickstarter serves a purpose other than trying to get through the selection process.
DeadManWalking Feb 14, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
They're trying to raise awareness about the Kickstarter. What's wrong with that?
Showing 1-15 of 33 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50