This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Warsow
Takezo Feb 9, 2013 @ 4:30am
Warsow
Figured it would help out to have a discussion going on. Let this be the first. Post anything Warsow related. Here's a good tutorial video for anyone new to the game!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXYvRqMTqao
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
< >
[LapFox] Cupcake Goat Feb 9, 2013 @ 5:02am 
Okay, let me start things off by asking how customizable the characters in-game are (if there's any kind of character creator), or how varied the mod community is in terms of player models (if it works the same way that Unreal or other older games do, where you just have to install custom models). This looks like an awesome game, and I'm definitely going to play it even if there isn't a lot of character variety, but I'd be lieing if I said customization wasn't a big deal for me.
adem  [developer] Feb 9, 2013 @ 5:27am 
[LapFox] Moon Biter, there are 6 different player models in the game atm. They have 2 types of skins: normal with some bright parts & fullbright. You can set any color you want for those bright parts/bright skins. That's all.
NoVa.Manman, SaviourOfMultiverse Feb 9, 2013 @ 6:21am 
However, the game is easily moddble, and you can find different skins, HUDs, and maps from the comunity.
tontoepfer Feb 9, 2013 @ 7:12am 
You can also either enjoy the graphics of the game or change it to look even cleaner and add higher visibility by coloring the floor and walls monochromatic if you like.
Vic  [developer] Feb 9, 2013 @ 11:20am 
On a side note, Warsow will always remain free, and the engine will always remain open source.
DuRzAn Feb 9, 2013 @ 1:24pm 
One of the best Warsow fragmovies! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEgfGsicIiE
.Vis!oN? Feb 10, 2013 @ 2:13pm 
I love it
Teh Slayz0r Feb 12, 2013 @ 2:49am 
So this is Quake 3 Arena : The Remake right?
DuRzAn Feb 12, 2013 @ 4:25am 
Nope!
[LapFox] Cupcake Goat Feb 12, 2013 @ 5:38am 
Even if it was, who would care? Quake III was a good game.
Teh Slayz0r Feb 12, 2013 @ 7:29am 
Oh yeh it was I'm just trying to see what newness this game brings to the table. I already own Q3 :P
Tegu Feb 12, 2013 @ 7:42am 
Race, one of the reasons I love Warsow. It works as an excellent place to learn movement, too, so I'd recommend beginners to try it. Feel free to ask tips from experienced players as there are people who are ready to help others. I for one got excelled advice on strafejump, sliding etc when I was a newcomer. Thanks for the help I received. :)

An awesome race video to chill out with: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9djsllJ1E58
Warsow is Art of Respect and Sportmanship Over the Web
Last edited by Tegu; Feb 12, 2013 @ 7:47am
[FiNAL] Valence Feb 13, 2013 @ 9:57am 
Originally posted by Teh Slayz0r:
I like to refer to Warsow as Quake+. It is very similar in many regards, however the movement is more advanced and it is much harder. Either way, amazing game, hope it gets greenlit.
PapaPorky <3 Feb 13, 2013 @ 5:28pm 
Originally posted by FiNAL Valence ELEKTRAWN:
Originally posted by Teh Slayz0r:
I like to refer to Warsow as Quake+. It is very similar in many regards, however the movement is more advanced and it is much harder. Either way, amazing game, hope it gets greenlit.

Warsow today looks a lot like Q3CPM, and for me Warsow is easier to master, not because the mechanics are easier to learn etc but I guess if you practiced a lot on CPM or VQ3 etc Warsow is easier, that's how I feel it at least :3
PapaPorky <3 Feb 13, 2013 @ 5:29pm 
By the way how long do we need to wait to see if Warsow is available on Steam or not?
Showing 1-15 of 35 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50