Help this game get on Steam!

Take a look around and learn about this game. If this is something you'd like to see available on Steam, you can help by rating it up using the buttons below. Click here to learn more about this process.

Teddy Floppy Ear - Mountain Adventure
Forever Entertainment S.A.  [developer] Feb 12, 2013 @ 12:28am
Should there be more kid games on Steam?
It seems that the opinions differ quite vastly. There definatelly is a severe lack of games for kids that not only offer entertainment but also educational values. That's why we submited our game. It's based on a well-known (at least in Eastern-Europe) character that is accompanying children for almost 50 years.

What do you think? Should there be more child-oriented games, or should Steam remain mainly for carnage and shooters?
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Interrobangin Feb 13, 2013 @ 12:47am 
Should there be more kid games on Steam? Absolutely. It broadens Steam's content, and if one takes a look at what Valve have been doing in the past couple of years (especially with adding Software to Steam), it would seem that they would think it's a good idea, too.

Also—from a more selfish perspective—I think it would be great to have those games on Steam that I can play with my son (when he's old enough). I've been a Valve fan for a long time, so buying games on my favorite platform is always a good thing!
KounterFIT Feb 15, 2013 @ 5:27am 
There's 'casual' games which most children do and can play right now. So having separate 'childrens games' which can include more educational types? Why not,
Insane Feb 15, 2013 @ 8:55pm 
Absolutely.... all educationa games for a child is a must. fun and learning for anyone is a plus The "Big Picture Steam", Now Playing on your TV. this brings in the family, but allso there will be more than just english speaking children on steam TV.
beanzilla Mar 3, 2013 @ 9:59pm 
Yes, this seems like a no brainer for Steam. If they opened a marketplace for kid's/educational games they would not only be pioneers, they would have zero competition. Both morally and fiscally, this would be a win for steam.
{DFS} R@ Pikachu Mar 25, 2013 @ 5:46pm 
no steam is an teen adult gaming program not for kids...
steam is not a younger demographic
try somewere else
Kiminari Mar 31, 2013 @ 4:07am 
Originally posted by Tjdubstepz:
no steam is an teen adult gaming program not for kids...
steam is not a younger demographic
try somewere else
To debate against Tjdubstepz. Steam is not as much an adult gaming program but more an online gaming store. It would be nonsensical for steam to not have educational "kid friendly" games. I dont see why people would have a negative opinion towards it, does a place like gamestop or gamefly not have games intended for younger audiences in their merchandise. Why should steam miss out on a financial oppurtunity?
Last edited by Kiminari; Mar 31, 2013 @ 4:08am
Soul Reaper Apr 28, 2013 @ 10:50am 
Yes I do! I am a hardcore gamer and my 2 year old seems to be very interested in what I am doing on my PC. I would like to share with her. But I think Valve needs to add some type of parental controls. Don't want my daughter getting into Hotline Miami or making me go bankrupt from buying out the whole steam library. Maybe add like an admin account with additional sub user accounts which can control buying ability, filter esrb ratings turn off advertisments etc...
Valve is a jaggernaut and this would just be more money in their pockets.
Bellsore Jun 18, 2013 @ 7:07pm 
Yes, there should be, but If they added kid games, the should have "User-age-appropiate ads"
Panda 2403 Jul 13, 2013 @ 11:02am 
Miś Uszatek znam tą bajke, ta gra powinna być wielojęzykowa
Hell$layer Jul 13, 2013 @ 12:34pm 
asd
Bellsore Jul 19, 2013 @ 2:51pm 
What we should do is make a little group, in which everyone and anyone is welcome, and its a group that pledges to buy a children's game if they come out. That should get Valve's attention.
Someone please mae that group, and invite me for sure! My cousin loves messing with my computer, but i don't want her to see some "Dead Island Riptide" ad.
Rocque Jul 27, 2013 @ 7:56pm 
Steam should follow Netflix lead. Netflix has a Just for kids version where all other content is hidden. Its one of the main reasons I have netflix as our streaming service.
Hootling Nov 5, 2013 @ 5:42am 
As a parent I would love to see more children's games on Steam. Not only for the convenience of it, but also because that market is full of branded crapware, and it would be great having the Steam community reviewing and rating the titles.
maX [All Muted] Nov 30, 2013 @ 3:03pm 
sure
Gabriel Dec 16, 2013 @ 2:12pm 
I think so. I don't have any kids, but I know that there are many gamers on Steam that do have children. I'm sure they would appreciate having easily-accessible games for their kids to play.
Showing 1-15 of 19 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50