This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stranded Deep
42 Jul 31, 2013 @ 11:58am
Ideas for the game.

I would like to add a say that this game looks amazing and I would love to buy when it comes out but before that happpens I would like give some Ideas for the dev.

1. Islands: Not really for surviving on but more like a supply crate in concept

2. Wheather: Storms so that a waves go crazy making you lose suplies also if its realy cold you have to make a fire to not get sick.

3. Message in a bottle: To add story to the game maybe you'll find some floating around the ocean or on a ocean.

4.More sea creatures: add whales or Bigger sharks and smaller sharks or maybe a fish or immersion.

5.spears: You craft one using a long stick and a piece of metal but only can be used 5 times for fishing and defense.

Add some ideas In the box below
Showing 1-15 of 112 comments
< >
Will Aug 2, 2013 @ 7:16am 
6.Skills tree: like swim faster, dive for a longer time,more courage to fight a shark(or fighting skills) ,ship crafting ,food making etc.
Last edited by Will; Aug 2, 2013 @ 7:16am
42 Aug 2, 2013 @ 6:24pm 
Originally posted by Sundwill:
6.Skills tree: like swim faster, dive for a longer time,more courage to fight a shark(or fighting skills) ,ship crafting ,food making etc.
I like it
NastyNate Aug 3, 2013 @ 4:45pm 
Aggressisve island natives.
Fruh Aug 3, 2013 @ 6:28pm 
i think a longer cinematic of hoisting yourself into the boat would add fear to the game. spamming the button to get in the boat while going "COME ON, COME ON!" would be nerve wracking.

combat with sharks shouldn't be qte but maybe a bit more involved.
42 Aug 3, 2013 @ 9:42pm 
I think button mashing is awful.
42 Aug 4, 2013 @ 9:08pm 
Originally posted by NastyNate:
Aggressisve island natives.
I like the Idea
Diablos Aug 5, 2013 @ 10:32am 
7. Scavenging for boat materials (i.e. your boat could be enhanced [by a sail or something] or you have to patch your raft).
8. Built into the above or separate - finding another vessel to scavenge/utilize.
8. Need a few more reasons to leave the safety of the ship (i.e. spear fishing).
Grilled Cactus Aug 7, 2013 @ 11:25pm 
also friendly or moldable natives in general, along with animals on the islands
Jams Aug 8, 2013 @ 4:49pm 
imo it needs a blinking feature, I think that'd be pretty cool. Kind of adds to the thrilling/intense atmosphere of the game.
vac-fucking-cation Aug 9, 2013 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by Jams, Batman in Disguise:
imo it needs a blinking feature, I think that'd be pretty cool. Kind of adds to the thrilling/intense atmosphere of the game.
YES YES YES; im so gonna get a oculus rift and with blinking (got to be optional though or mabye?) it would be amazing mabye like sleeping and when you are sleeping time is going 10x faster but the world still goes on like you might wake up to the sound of a shark attacking your boat and the whole screen is black (cause you are sleeping)

Also, Pirates, mabye somalian or something? With firearms would be cool, you could kill them (IF VERY LUCKY OR VERY PRO, HAS TO BE VERY VERY HARD) you can take the firearms, however they will most likely be very rusty or such causing lots of jamming and such making it not a reliable primary weapon also very little amount of bullets and such as like keeping it in shape and jamming, and stuff like if you dont keep it in shape it can automaticly go off if shaken too much, (etc you sprinting on an island over rough terrain) and it wouldnt be good for hunting either as you would have to use lots of time to get the bullet(s) out of the animal and there will may become sickness in the meat using it to hunt with, so they would be like really good, but really resource wasting and you should be able to just break them down into materials to use them for some other good, and the bullets you could use to make traps, for example traps that go off when you walk on the bullet it gets ignit and it shoots right up
and 2. Traps Bearclaws and such modifable in diffrent aspects such as the bearclaws could have the trigger latch removed however this would increase effect at humans but if you were to accidently hit it, you were in trouble.

3. Losing limbs such as arms and such it would be awesome if you got shot and had to cut off your right leg to stop lead infection, and then you could use tree to create a replacement for the leg (making you slower and such, but making you able to walk)

4. Random ships Such as Luxury boats they wont stop and help you, (who would help a guy in a Emergency boat which look all survivalist like with weapons and ♥♥♥♥) Transport ships Big transport ships, hard to get on, hard to sneak around on, and really really REALLY rare, they can be everything from food transport to Firearms, mabye their supplys is empty rather then being having anything because they are going back mabye they are filled with pirates or armed guards.

5. Better boats, however you can take them from Luxury boats and other boats however those higher ranked boats would require fuel which is rare to get when you get it you get lots, but it gets burned up, really fast, however they will have stuff such as beds and such which is better then sleeping on a normal rescue boat
Fhux Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:00pm 
If you're going to bring ideas to the table, think more alongside the current direction of the game, think realistically, and think well. Ideas that may sound fun on paper, like skill trees and losing limbs, don't always work well with gameplay and design.
For example, if this is to be the terrifying simulation they seem to aim for it to be, RPG elements should stay as far away from it as possible. Though they may add fun, they're not realistic. In the same way, losing limbs may be realistic, but it's very difficult to do well and can easily end up making the game less fun.

I'm sure they appreciate any ideas you have, but personally I'm going to leave the game design to those educated or at least well-practiced in it. I'll trust BTG with making me terrified, and I'm sure they'll do fine, probably even better, without my help. I ♥♥♥♥ing hate deep water. Especially if it comes with sharks.
Jams Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:02pm 
Originally posted by Fhux:
If you're going to bring ideas to the table, think more alongside the current direction of the game, think realistically, and think well. Ideas that may sound fun on paper, like skill trees and losing limbs, don't always work well with gameplay and design.
For example, if this is to be the terrifying simulation they seem to aim for it to be, RPG elements should stay as far away from it as possible. Though they may add fun, they're not realistic. In the same way, losing limbs may be realistic, but it's very difficult to do well and can easily end up making the game less fun.

I'm sure they appreciate any ideas you have, but personally I'm going to leave the game design to those educated or at least well-practiced in it. I'll trust BTG with making me terrified, and I'm sure they'll do fine, probably even better, without my help. I ♥♥♥♥ing hate deep water. Especially if it comes with sharks.
You no like blinking? :(

Imagine each blink the shark comes closer... UNTIL IT BITES YOUR FACE OFF!!
Fhux Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:18pm 
Originally posted by Jams, the Spelunker:

Imagine each blink the shark comes closer... UNTIL IT BITES YOUR FACE OFF!! :squirtheh:
I have no problem with any additional features if they are optional for the player to use, but personally I think a consistent effect like such would detract from the experience. It would interrupt the player when watching a sunset or other gorgeous sight and it would annoy them when they're trying to focus on a goal.
laszlo Aug 9, 2013 @ 12:32pm 
Too bad blinking happens so fast (Milliseconds). I think this game has a great concept to it. Seemingly beautiful graphics also. I think one great idea for this game would be to start with some kind of a blade (pocket knife or maybe something a little bigger). You know, to help you craft stuff...
Jams Aug 9, 2013 @ 1:46pm 
Originally posted by Fhux:
Originally posted by Jams, the Spelunker:

Imagine each blink the shark comes closer... UNTIL IT BITES YOUR FACE OFF!!
I have no problem with any additional features if they are optional for the player to use, but personally I think a consistent effect like such would detract from the experience. It would interrupt the player when watching a sunset or other gorgeous sight and it would annoy them when they're trying to focus on a goal.
Yeah, I think optional would be better than mandatory. Cause i can see how it would detract from other things. i.e sunset, beautiful ocean, islands
Showing 1-15 of 112 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50