This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stranded Deep
Supersquax Feb 7, 2013 @ 12:17pm
Content
Game looks kinda boring at the moment, so i figured i'd make a list of things that i think would make this game awesome. Be aware that these suggestions are merely just my opinions, and do not have to be implemented in any way if they aren't liked by the developer.

1. islands? I know this game is made because of your fear for sharks, but adding islands with things gives the game so much more content.

2. food, thirst and hunger? This is just a pretty obvious thing in a survival game.

3. crafting? Would be so cool if you could go to islands, get things and make stuffs. Like for example gathering wood to make a little hut to sleep in, to protect you from beasts on the island.

4. Multiplayer? This may be very hard to do, or even useless for some, but i have noticed that whenever i play with my friends, the game becomes 10 times more fun. Especially when we are talking about a game where you can gather resources to make things, then it's extra fun because of the teamwork needed to survive.

I am kind of thinking about Stranded 2, if anyone has played that. It lacked some things, and that's why i think that it didn't become too good a game. However, i think this game will get far more content, better graphics, and much bigger than Stranded 2. This might just become a shark survival game, but if it ever becomes a Stranded 2-ish survival game, i will make sure to buy it...5 times (to support the developer :)
Showing 1-15 of 118 comments
< >
200% Psybrotherapist Nig Nog Feb 7, 2013 @ 2:02pm 
I disagree with number 3 and 1. Being stuck on a raft in the middle of nowhere is a much scarier concept.
Maubog Feb 7, 2013 @ 4:29pm 
1.2 and 3. theres a game for that! MINECRAFT
JTM332 Feb 7, 2013 @ 6:26pm 
i love this guys ideas
Cipher88101 Feb 7, 2013 @ 10:25pm 
I like those ideas as well.
Ben | BEAMTeamGames  [developer] Feb 8, 2013 @ 12:32am 
I appreciate your thoughts, don't worry there're some great ideas planned but all is being kept behind closed doors for now. Keep an eye out for a later update that will surely keep you wanting more!

~Ben
X!~TriggerHappy Feb 8, 2013 @ 1:25am 
I think this guys ideas a great and we know minecraft is like 1 2 and 3 but this is better graphic looking and sometimes minecraft gets boring and also make it so you can survive from beasts but make the island with limited resources and we start with a paddle and binoculars or we get them from the water
X!~TriggerHappy Feb 8, 2013 @ 1:27am 
That would just be awesome if it was multiplayer as well but only up to 5 or less in a game :)
Lrock Feb 8, 2013 @ 11:36am 
It would be nice if the initial items from the start would be randomly generated, some people might get lucky (have a full survival kit lasts 48 hours, which most ship/plane do have onboard of a life boat) and some not so lucky (trash, tin cans, bottles, etc.). Only those who are crafty and with determination will survive.
Also, it would be interesting to have a npc or two on the boat with you, which means the player has to be careful with resource management and forced to make difficult choices as a person in desperate situation. (Should I eat Bob in order to survive?)
RPG Holding Shark Riding Raptor Feb 8, 2013 @ 11:39am 
Originally posted by Distant Apparatus:
I disagree with number 3 and 1. Being stuck on a raft in the middle of nowhere is a much scarier concept.
And more boring, It will get too repetative.
Supersquax Feb 8, 2013 @ 12:39pm 
The things i listed were just my personal suggestions, so don't hate :P One thing that just has to be in the game: some kind of resources to make the game intresting.
Jurbles of Doom Feb 8, 2013 @ 3:04pm 
These are personal suggesions

1. Dead passengers bodies: Draws fish attention away from you or to you, depending how close it is to you.

2. Dead passengers' luggage: Contain supplies or junk and the owner's personal items (wallets with pictures of family, wrapped gifts, etc.)

3. Storms: Create big waves that scare away fish, but can knock you off your raft if you don't hang on.
Forlornblade (banned) Feb 8, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
Originally posted by Maubog ಠ_ಠ:
1.2 and 3. theres a game for that! MINECRAFT
Yeah but minecraft gets really boring and its mostly crafting this game has items you find and the guys ideas aren't half bad it would have better graphics and you wouldn't be hating yourself as you play and it will probably be cheaper i wannt to see this game be a bit like miasmata wait no i want it to have more then miasmata thats why im looking forward to this.
Zovos, Earl of Earrape Feb 8, 2013 @ 5:12pm 
In order to produce more of a suspenseful experience, the shark music should sound scarier than some trivial orchestral march in B flat minor (no offense to whoever does the music); perhaps something faster and more atonal to bombard the player's senses, making it more likely for the player to freak out before being gobbled up by the shark. Better yet, perhaps you could program the music to gradually increase in volume, speed, and atonalness the closer the player is to the shark. The thought of hearing the shark's theme vaugely off in the distance when you're in the proximity of it, to hearing it blaring in your face at the point of death seems like an experience that I would definitely pay money for. How does this idea sound?
X!~TriggerHappy Feb 8, 2013 @ 6:32pm 
Originally posted by Zovos, Marquis of Modding:
In order to produce more of a suspenseful experience, the shark music should sound scarier than some trivial orchestral march in B flat minor (no offense to whoever does the music); perhaps something faster and more atonal to bombard the player's senses, making it more likely for the player to freak out before being gobbled up by the shark. Better yet, perhaps you could program the music to gradually increase in volume, speed, and atonalness the closer the player is to the shark. The thought of hearing the shark's theme vaugely off in the distance when you're in the proximity of it, to hearing it blaring in your face at the point of death seems like an experience that I would definitely pay money for. How does this idea sound?
Like the movie jaws when its like dum dum dum dum
Supersquax Feb 9, 2013 @ 11:46am 
Originally posted by duncanperham:
well, seen all the game has to offer, so why buy it? the video was boring, swim out of raft, grab some random ♥♥♥♥, get eaten by sharks, repeat... How is this a game.
Well, all i can say is that the game isn't done yet. However, i do kinda agree with you, and that's why i posted my suggestions, because i think they will make the game far more fun :P
Showing 1-15 of 118 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50