This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stranded Deep
Ben | BEAMTeamGames  [developer] May 3, 2013 @ 6:03pm
Have a question? - Frequently Asked Q&A
Hey there all you keen ocean survivors!
Do you have a question about Stranded Deeps development? Feel free to post about it below after reading the frequently asked topics. Both Sam and myself will try our best to get back to you as soon as possible.

For a faster response, why not tweet us?

If you would like to follow some of Stranded Deeps development, check out the unity forum at http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/165779-Stranded-Deep

Keep up to date with the latest info by following us on Facebook or head over to our Website[beamteamgames.com]

FREQUENTLY ASKED

Q) When will Stranded Deep be released, and for which platforms?
A) We're looking to release SD sometime in 2014 and plan to distribute for Windows, Mac, and Linux, with various controller supports. We really don't want to rush this so please be patient! :)

Q) Will Stranded Deep support Oculus Rift?
A) Most likely, though we're very keen to try it out for yourselves first.

Q) Will the average computer be able to run Stranded Deep?
A) We are all about optimisation, offering dozens of graphical options to support your needs. While we strive for quality we are optimistic that it will run smoothly for the majority of gamers.

Q) Are you in the raft the whole time?
A) You are free to explore an infinitely generated procedural world, this includes small island keys and lush underwater reefs. There're no limitations in exploring the world, no boundaries, no loading screens, everything is seamless and endless.

Q) Will there be co-operative gameplay?
A) We would love to add co-op but see many design flaws in the process, however it is a possible feature after release.

Q) What engine are you guys using?
A) Unity

Q) How many developers are on the project?
A) Both Sam Edwards and Ben Massey,

Q) Are you funded?
A) 100% indie, no funding, no backing.

Last edited by Ben | BEAMTeamGames; Feb 10 @ 8:44pm
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
< >
Ben | BEAMTeamGames  [developer] May 3, 2013 @ 6:04pm 
-
Lentobombe May 4, 2013 @ 11:25am 
Before 2014 ? Great =)

But a question : Shark and Hunger will be the only threat ? Or this will be more "enemy" to deal with ?
Ben | BEAMTeamGames  [developer] May 4, 2013 @ 8:50pm 
Originally posted by Lentobombe:
Before 2014 ? Great =)

But a question : Shark and Hunger will be the only threat ? Or this will be more "enemy" to deal with ?
Definitely not, as a survival game almost every element comes into play, weather, hunger, infections, diseases, sanity, you name it. We have a bunch of great ideas that are slowly but surely being implemented as we speak.
Last edited by Ben | BEAMTeamGames; May 4, 2013 @ 9:24pm
Lentobombe May 4, 2013 @ 11:50pm 
Sanity ? Not to much, i'm really easy to scare ;(
I agree with diseases, can be great ! Without medicines, it will be hardcore for sure !

But another questions :

Are you preparing a new trailer ? If yes, when it will be released ?

Shark look like the major threat in the begin of the adventure at least. Can we "fight" they in anyway or not ?
Ben | BEAMTeamGames  [developer] May 5, 2013 @ 12:30am 
Originally posted by Lentobombe:
Sanity ? Not to much, i'm really easy to scare ;(
I agree with diseases, can be great ! Without medicines, it will be hardcore for sure !

But another questions :

Are you preparing a new trailer ? If yes, when it will be released ?

Shark look like the major threat in the begin of the adventure at least. Can we "fight" they in anyway or not ?
We'l be bring out alot of content shortly such as tech demos and future gameplay mechanics. We have alot of original concepts and ideas that we are implementing before a big reveal though. Its very frustrating when viewers vote on the concept, which was only created in 48 hours so we're very eager to bring out more.
Lentobombe May 5, 2013 @ 7:37am 
Okay ! Thanks for your answer ;)

I will buy it day one I think.
TalonMadC May 11, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
can your raft be tipped over? or does it atleast sway side to side in a storm?
Ben | BEAMTeamGames  [developer] May 11, 2013 @ 2:39pm 
Originally posted by TalonMadC:
can your raft be tipped over? or does it atleast sway side to side in a storm?
There is real time buoyancy for all objects on the waters surface so it's possible for your raft to tip, yes :)

Note that these features are absent in the alpha video but we plan to bring out footage in the next few weeks so stay tuned.
Nixrp May 12, 2013 @ 8:17pm 
Have you seen the life of pi yet? haha. anyways my question is, is this randomly generated? :) this reminds me of the 3d version of under the ocean! :D
TalonMadC May 13, 2013 @ 2:57pm 
thanks for the update ben4vies
mr.cool_85 May 15, 2013 @ 9:47am 
Will you guys add other environments? like for instance a forest or deserted island?possibly post release?this honestly sounds like my dream game,and im looking forward to its release.
Kolovsky May 20, 2013 @ 3:02am 
In the future, will you able to drink Blood from the animals you kill? I've heard many ocean survivors drank blood when with no fresh water.

Also, I have a lot of things to say about the sharks! But... It's Alpha so I won't complain!
[Poon Platoon] Ardman TheMan May 20, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
Originally posted by Kolovsky™:
In the future, will you able to drink Blood from the animals you kill? I've heard many ocean survivors drank blood when with no fresh water.

Also, I have a lot of things to say about the sharks! But... It's Alpha so I won't complain!
Well I saw that the dev said somethign along the lines of "When theres no more food and drinks left youll have to get dirty with the sharks"
Dr. Gifflarn May 25, 2013 @ 9:36am 
what will the price be?
Konoha(っ-●益●)っ May 25, 2013 @ 11:52am 
Just how much will it cost and how long will be the approximate download time?
Last edited by Konoha(っ-●益●)っ; May 25, 2013 @ 11:52am
Showing 1-15 of 65 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50