This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Stranded Deep
☭zXFlawlessXz☭ Mar 30, 2013 @ 8:50pm
Resources
I was wondering how we would obtain food and water. will there be random cans of food in the ocean, or will you have to grab fish?
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Spicey food makes ur poop green Apr 1, 2013 @ 8:46pm 
grab the fish would sound fun.
Lentobombe Apr 3, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
Yes, cause we are in ocean ! But in island, you may found fruit, vegetable, water sources ? Maybe traces of civilization with can food, water ?
Uncle Steven May 6, 2013 @ 4:04pm 
i would imagine getting a fishing rod, then trying to catch fish for food.
Jon Snow Nov 13, 2013 @ 7:08pm 
mmmmmm turtles...
Uncle Steven Nov 14, 2013 @ 2:00pm 
DON'T EAT THE TIME TURTLES!!!!
T-Ball_King_Arthur Jan 27, 2014 @ 4:29pm 
I would guess there would be food on the plane when it crashed laying around in the ocean with other supplies. But those proboaly wouldn't last long, maybe only a couple days so you might have to try to take up fishing with some type of hook and string. (Possibly the can lid from one of the cans of food laying around in to ocean and string from your shirt?) But once you find an island I am sure it will still be hard to find food, but not as difficult as it was at sea. For instance you can find mushrooms, eat bark of trees, bugs, perhaps the wildlife on the island? (If there is any on the particular island you are on!) And of course more fishing. If you are to afraid that it is going to be to boring fishing remember, the game is trying to imerse you into what it would be to be a plane crash survivor, how painful and lonley it would be to be stuck all alone with nobody but yourself. Quite a scary situation when you think about it. But back to fishing, with the stunning graphic engine that they implemented into the game you can always go fishing and enjoy the nice ambient sunset, sunrise, or day itself.

Water would be a much more difficult situation however. Finding water on an desert island can be as hard as it is being stranded at sea! However not impossible to find water, if you dig far enough into the ground you can put the moist dirt in your shirt and squeeze the water out into your mouth. Also you can filter the salt water of the sea in a pan or water bottle over a fire. You can always collect rain water with coconut shells, pans, etc... Speaking of coconuts you can always drink out of them. Also if you are super lucky there might be a natural spring, river, lagoon, or any type of fresh water source located on the island.

For tools... That would be a whole different scenario. If the game implements crafting you may be able to make basic tools such as a hammer or axe strung together with some vines. But the most of your tools, essentials, medkits, etc... Would come from the plane itself, however these would be sometimes hard to get to and sometimes easy. Because of the procedural programing that they implemented, no two games will be the same. So when you start the weather might be stormy and rainy or a beautiful sunny day. So it would be easier to swim to the supplies when it is sunny and beautiful than rainy and cloudy! But the sealife might be a challenge because of the early alpha video with the shark. However I am hoping that all the wildlife in the game will not only be dangerous, like the sea life in Life of Pi was really beautiful and stunning. It would be a shame if every sea creature is hostile so you can not get a good look at the stunning graphics and how beautiful the enviorment is. It would be nice if you can just sit down and really look at your surroundings and see how beautiful everything can be and how the next day can be a trecherous storm which may cost you your life.

I am truly exited to see what they are going to do with this game with all the possiblites that could be implemented!
Last edited by T-Ball_King_Arthur; Jan 27, 2014 @ 10:14pm
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50