This game has been Greenlit by the Community!

The community has shown their interest in this game. Valve has reached out to this developer to start moving things toward release on Steam.

Vendetta Online
Phaserlight Feb 8, 2013 @ 6:42am
PCC - Storytelling in a Sandbox Environment
I want to highlight a feature that I feel shows how special this game is, and what it means to me: the Player Contribution Corps. Let me preface the following link by saying this is my experience; others may view the PCC in a different light, but that's one of the things that makes it shine:

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/3303143#3303143

The tools I have as a PCC member are extremely powerful, and the possibilities in designing a mission are virtually boundless. I've watched others in the PCC stretch the definition of what a mission is, and refine what it could be. I've lived with characters for years, spoken through them, and seen life breathed into them by other players. I've watched thousands of missions spring up over the years.

In terms of quality control there is a well-tested process of community feedback, where missions are playtested, polished, and brought up to standard. There is a mission-creation guide which serves as a kind of bible for mission editors, giving detailed instructions, guidelines, and ideals to aim for. As far as source material, there is a wealthy trove of lore in Vendetta's backstory from which to draw:

http://www.vendetta-online.com/h/storyline.html

The PCC was officially launched in 2008, but people are still joining this special subset of the playerbase quite frequently. It will be interesting to see how VO's storyline and landscape evolve as a result.
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Mick the Mighty Feb 19, 2013 @ 5:04pm 
The people that contribute to PCC are players, with over 100 hours invested in the game. The developers plays the game as well, and they have a vested intersts in the game. Together the PCC missions and the developer created missions add the different ways to explore the known solor systems in Vendetta Online
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50