This software is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this software selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GraphicEditor openCanvas
DrSulfurious Mar 9, 2013 @ 8:41pm
Is there any expected Release Date?
I'm just curious, because I'd like to in advance save the money up, unless it's going to be years or months from now. I'm a bit perplexed as there is already a working version of the application out there, and steam provides useful updating utilities.

I'm quite surprised this isn't already released.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Fontes May 27, 2013 @ 9:31am 
Well, a very practical alternative is to just buy the software from their website and follow their facebook page for updates.
DrSulfurious Jul 10, 2013 @ 7:53pm 
Okay, it's been a few months since I posted this, and I have no idea where we can find more information on this. I'm not willing to buy this software using another DRM system when I could simply wait for it to come out on Steam.

I'm still waiting on the release date and some information on it, because at this point it seems like a dead project. 2014? 2015? Why should I keep subscribing to this greenlight if it's accomplishing nothing? I get alerts for this thing every second week half hoping someone posts information on it being released but no, I have no information aside from "Well, you could buy the software elsewhere.", which doesn't really help me out when I'm specifically waiting for the co-operative function information.
Dakobah Jul 30, 2013 @ 5:30am 
dead project? lol its out already you goon http://www.portalgraphics.net/en/oc/
Dakobah Jul 30, 2013 @ 5:31am 
there is even a wait for it.....trial
MGA Jul 30, 2013 @ 6:02am 
@Dakobah, it will be released ON STEAM, to be bound to the STEAM CUSTOMER ACCOUNT.
Thats the reason why it's even here at greenlight!
DrSulfurious Aug 1, 2013 @ 4:09am 
Originally posted by MGA:
@Dakobah, it will be released ON STEAM, to be bound to the STEAM CUSTOMER ACCOUNT.
Thats the reason why it's even here at greenlight!

Pretty much this. I don't understand why this is such a hard concept to grasp.
jamsoda Sep 2, 2013 @ 2:10am 
I actually would like to know when it gets released :/ it seems like a pretty straightforward alternative to Artrage, so if its already out and complete, then why hasnt it been implemented to work with Steam yet, if its as simple as some of you claim to put it.

For a thread asking a simple question, all of these answers seem to be avoiding the issue.
Crynni Nov 23, 2013 @ 12:14pm 
It was updated in July the last time. Do you think it is still going to be released?
I would personally prefer it on steam, but if it is going to take much longer I don't know if I'll still be interested...
Vashna Jan 7 @ 4:13am 
last update on the facebook page said it was going to be release december 17 2013 but has since been on hold due to some steam certification issues. Now there is no ETA apparently
DrSulfurious Jan 9 @ 1:39pm 
The developers clearly don't care about their community so what's the point in supporting a product the developers wont even talk about?
southpawami Jan 16 @ 1:56pm 
Well, lets put this another way. This is made in Japan. After the 1.0 version years ago was sold for Commercial development, it has been made in Japan since then. News is quite commonly in Japanese. In fact, I often get emails that are in Japanese telling me an update to the program has been released. I imagine if there are certification issues with Steam, there's a bit of extra time added to go from language to language.
All that said, OpenCanvas has the portalgraphics PGN community forum( http://www.portalgraphics.net/pg/ ) that no one else has. If you fiddle with that forum long enough and think about it, it's amazing. I've had teachers that are amazed at the possibilities available with the combination of the forum and the OpenCanvas program. \
Without the forum, it's just a handy art program with some photo editing tools... but with the forum... it is something a lot different.
Last edited by southpawami; Jan 16 @ 2:04pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50