This software is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this software selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

GraphicEditor openCanvas
TapSkill Feb 1, 2013 @ 2:30am
Seamless canvas possible?
The one thing I cannot seem to find in art tools is a looped x and y on the canvas. The biggest draw of such a feature would be to make textures for tiling purposes. Does oC have such a feature?
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
DrSulfurious Feb 5, 2013 @ 7:32pm 
By this, do you mean that when you reach the edge of the screen with an object, it loops around to the other side of the canvas?

Example:

XOO, then I move it to the right.
OXO, then I move it to the right again.
OOX, then I move it once more.
XOO, and it ends up looping around?

Because if so, I don't believe it will To my recollection the original program doesn't have this feature but of course I'm not sure what they're doing with it right now. I actually hope they do something like this because it would make (what you said) texturing stuff so much simpler.

All we can do is wait for an official release or statement, and I don't know if there's any word on when that will happen.
TapSkill Feb 27, 2013 @ 9:48pm 
There are some discontinued tools which used to allow you to draw an object on the canvas (like a brush splat) and it would overflow to the other sides of the canvas. You are on the right track, but what i want is more than just an offset. I would want part of the image to be draw on the opposite edge of the canvas.

Basically, you have OXO and then you have <OO> when you move the X to the side of the canvas, but you do not have to offset the canvas as a rastered image. It just renders the parts of the object which flow over the canvas edge on the other end automatically.
Showing 1-2 of 2 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50