Dieses Spiel ist jetzt auf Steam erhältlich!

Vielen Dank für Ihre Hilfe, dieses Spiel zum Vertrieb über Steam zu nominieren. Weitere Informationen und einen Link zur Shopseite finden Sie unten.

Hammerwatch
ConnY 13. Aug. 2013 um 8:11 Uhr
This game is a huge disappointment.
The only thing that they did right with this game is hitting the nostalgia button. Nice pixel art and music. Other than that, this game has absolutely nothing to offer.

Everything feels the same and the mechanics are extremely simple. Not simple in a clever way, but simple in a boring and repetitive way. You keep slashing through hoards of monsters and you feel as if you should be leveling up, but you don't. Attacking monsters feels disappointing because there's simply no reward for it.

Sure, I didn't spend much time with the game. But honestly, if I need to spend hours to be allowed to have fun with a game, then something's obviously wrong with it.

It just feels like a lazy game. Like something you'd play for free on a website you've never heard of, spend half an hour and then completely forget about it.

I wish this game was good, I wish what I played was an alpha.

Don't waste money on this.
Beiträge 1 - 15 von 20
< >
danly 13. Aug. 2013 um 13:13 Uhr 
You collect coins and use them to purchase new abilities when you come across shop keeps.

There is no leveling up to speak of, the monsters are a part of the environment as much as boxes are. If you're familiar with robotron and gauntlet then this should be familiar to you.

Sometimes, fleeing from battle is a better choice then completing it. That's sort of the point.

Give it another shot. It is *not* your typical RPG, this is a game about managing monster agro to run deeper into the dungeon as fast as is reasonable.

If you want to go full-old-school, turn on the phosphor and screen warping and turn on the reverse health regen.
ConnY 14. Aug. 2013 um 2:54 Uhr 
Not convinced. This game is still a huge turd.
PP | Psieonic 14. Aug. 2013 um 8:48 Uhr 
Well then, I get the feeling you should have been able to tell this wouldn't be a game for you if you'd taken even a small amount of time to watch the gameplay trailer. What did you honestly expect from the game, if you did watch it?
PP | Psieonic 14. Aug. 2013 um 10:04 Uhr 
... I just checked your profile ConnY. You've spent a total of 30 minutes playing this game. That would have been barely enough time to make it half way through the second level. You were nowhere near even getting to Act 2. Hell, you probably don't even know there are bosses in this, do you? Come back when you're a few years older. Perhaps by then you'll have discovered a little maturity.
ConnY 14. Aug. 2013 um 12:27 Uhr 
30 minutes into a game is more than enough to sell someone on a game. You should not have to spend hours in order to be entertained. The core mechanics in this game is awful.

Come back when you're a few years older. Perhaps by then you'll be able to deal with opinions.
Fleetfeet 14. Aug. 2013 um 12:42 Uhr 
Alright then, maturity time.

I'm a gamer old enough to have played gauntlet as a kid, and still fondly remember playing a good many games that, while fun at the time, haven't aged well.

I want to echo ConnY's sentiments that this game, in its current form, is a far cry from the entertaining multiplayer experience that it looks as though it might offer. While it comes across on a basic level as a re-envisioning of gauntlet that sells itself to nostalgic gamers looking for some co-op fun, it completely avoids major game design advancements in the associated genres.

To put them bluntly and in point-form:
- The game's pacing is awful. The devs claim to be aiming for "fast and action-packed", but in reality we're presented with an intro of "these are enemies, they hit you" followed shortly by "these are enemies, they hit you, and there are a lot of them", followed then by "these are things that spawn enemies, and there are also a lot of enemies". If this game had a speedometer for its pace, it would start out at idle and hit max speed at "slow"

Oh, except for when you're fighting The Queen, where suddenly the game ramps up into warp drive and presents you with a scenario you're wholly unprepared for.

- The gameplay is one-dimensional and unchanging. While this is linked to pace, it stands as a letdown of its own. Diablo is a series that has built itself on unique experiences and involved character progression... which is an admittedly different concept than what Gauntlet offered, but is a concept that gamers of today will be far more willing to accept than the seemingly progression-less gameplay featured in Hammerwatch.

- Hammerwatch feigns at progression with certain upgrades, but in reality they do not seem to change the gameplay of the character... I.E. you can't be a "bomb" ranger that excels in one area at the cost of another, or you can't opt for another spell or series of spells as a Wizard early on. While you can get combos and enhancements, they serve as often temporary buffs that do not in their current state change your play, but instead provide buffs that would only very rarely change your approach to a battle.

- Preset maps with next-to-no gameplay changes equals zero replay value. Playing through Portal 2 co-op was fun once, but that is exactly what you'd expect from a puzzle game. A dungeon crawler / roguelike with no replay value? Enough said.

Hammerwatch strikes a nostalgic cord with me, but is no more enjoyable (perhaps less so) than going back and playing Gauntlet would be. There is potential, but I too am disappointed to find a stale co-op experience that isn't offering me Gauntlet re-envisioned with today's game design in mind, but instead Gauntlet with pre-set dungeons and a slower pace.

As it is now, I would not recommend this game to anyone.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Fleetfeet; 14. Aug. 2013 um 12:59 Uhr
Cytrix Feare 16. Aug. 2013 um 14:34 Uhr 
There are better places for posts like these, namely nowhere
ConnY 17. Aug. 2013 um 1:57 Uhr 
I disagree. Negative feedback is useful for people who consider buying the game. Just allowing positive feedback would be silly.
ThatGuyNamedErieki. 19. Aug. 2013 um 0:31 Uhr 
What do you want from a game that appeared like 7 days ago? Its better than nothing.If you dont like it why are you here then?
I like it.
More work and its the best game.
i purchase it today or tommorow.
CosmicDan 19. Aug. 2013 um 7:16 Uhr 
>>Everything feels the same and the mechanics are extremely simple. Not simple in a clever way, but simple in a boring and repetitive way.<<

A simple game with mechanics that don't change is no indication of it being "a turd". You don't specifically mention any aspects; your point is too vague and just sounds like opinion. In that regard, all of the best games out there have extremely simple mechanics and feel the same (e.g. I feel that way about Call of Duty and most other FPS games, again though that's just my opinion).

>>You keep slashing through hoards of monsters and you feel as if you should be leveling up, but you don't. Attacking monsters feels disappointing because there's simply no reward for it.

Erm, there are plenty of games out there where you don't level up. Most of them. And the reward for slicing through monsters is progression/survival - same as most games. So basically you're saying that if a game is a 2D monster-slaying dungeon-crawler with classes, it's a requirement that it has the traditional experience-point system with level-ups and skill trees?

>>It just feels like a lazy game. Like something you'd play for free on a website you've never heard of, spend half an hour and then completely forget about it.

Ignorance. Have you played Bit Dungeon? *That* is an example of a browser based game, remotely similar to this. To put a game like this in a web-format would be outrageous.

>>I wish this game was good, I wish what I played was an alpha. Don't waste money on this.

If you bothered to Google the game to read some reviews or check for a demo (like I and any smart gamer/shopper does), you'd see that there's a free demo on the official page and also posted here in the Game Portal. So that's your problem if you think the measly $8 was a waste.

To me, and no offence, you honestly just sound like a teen fanboy who's first gaming platform was an Xbox 360 and as such are relatively inexperienced in the wider gaming scene.

With that said, I do agree somewhat that the game does seem a bit too simple - but the charm and polish of it makes up for it. As an RPG and Arcade "veteran" (self-proclaimed, albeit I don't feel the need to justify my claim in such a thread) I think this game has a lot to offer. The pace is not "fast" but it's twitchy and frantic enough to have you dying and/or reloading your save after one wrong move. Then again I'm playing on Hard (as I usually do) and with the Wizard.

My final thought is that if you're not a fan of arcade shmup's then you won't like it, but if you do - or are an old school gamer - you will like it.
ConnY 19. Aug. 2013 um 7:51 Uhr 
You sure showed me.
Fleetfeet 20. Aug. 2013 um 22:56 Uhr 
>>Erm, there are plenty of games out there where you don't level up. Most of them. And the reward for slicing through monsters is progression/survival - same as most games. So basically you're saying that if a game is a 2D monster-slaying dungeon-crawler with classes, it's a requirement that it has the traditional experience-point system with level-ups and skill trees?<<

Leveling up? Not necessarily. Progression? Yes! There has to be something to carry the player forward - give the player a reason to keep playing... and while it can be argued that exploring the dungeon is incentive to continue, it is a weak incentive at best and is not likely to hold the attention of any gamer not entirely swayed by its nostalgic feel.

Leveling up in a traditional sense is just as suggestion for more well-paced character progression. Misappropriating ConnY's argument so grossly ("So basically...") doesn't lend much credibility to your argument. He's pointing out that progression in this game ♥♥♥♥ing sucks, and could be better, and level ups would be an obvious way to get there.

>>Ignorance. Have you played Bit Dungeon? *That* is an example of a browser based game, remotely similar to this. To put a game like this in a web-format would be outrageous.<<

Ironic claim of ignorance. I don't feel I need to say more.

>>If you bothered to Google the game to read some reviews or check for a demo (like I and any smart gamer/shopper does), you'd see that there's a free demo on the official page and also posted here in the Game Portal. So that's your problem if you think the measly $8 was a waste.<<

Whether or not the purchase could have been avoided does not make it any less of a waste.

>>To me, and no offence, you honestly just sound like a teen fanboy who's first gaming platform was an Xbox 360 and as such are relatively inexperienced in the wider gaming scene.<<

You're assuming things about the person you're arguing against so that you can rule out their credibility based entirely on YOUR OWN IMAGINATION! YAAY. If you don't understand how this makes you look like an idiot, then I should really just continue the rest of this reply entirliy in shrt 4m nd sad faces :( :( :(

>>With that said, I do agree somewhat that the game does seem a bit too simple - but the charm and polish of it makes up for it. As an RPG and Arcade "veteran" (self-proclaimed, albeit I don't feel the need to justify my claim in such a thread) I think this game has a lot to offer. The pace is not "fast" but it's twitchy and frantic enough to have you dying and/or reloading your save after one wrong move. Then again I'm playing on Hard (as I usually do) and with the Wizard.<<

I think his argument was "The game is too simple" and then you reply with a bunch of stuff presumably about how he's wrong, and then end it with "Yeah this game does seem a bit too simple."

...what? Really? Okay then.

In honesty, I don't actually hate you OR think you're stupid. I'm a little frustrated by the bizarre phenomenon of people that seem to react to criticism of this game as though people were directly insulting their childhood (dat nostalgia!), which is followed exactly by emotional counterarguments to logical points... which are things that mix as well as oil and water.

If you have logical reasons why the game design choices of slow pacing and slow progression are acceptable and wise choices (and I think the only appropriate answer here is "because nostalgia!") then throw them out here.
Beiträge 1 - 15 von 20
< >
Pro Seite: 15 30 50