Dit spel is nu beschikbaar op Steam!

Bedankt voor je hulp bij het selecteren van dit spel voor distributie via Steam. Meer informatie, waaronder een link naar de Steam-winkelpagina, kan hier onder gevonden worden.

Hammerwatch
BEEEEEES 6 jul 2013 om 3:35nm
worthless classes
Just letting you know...we're not buying this with Paladin/Wizard as they are. See prior responses for the problems. TLDR Paladin owned by ranged unblockable spam, charge useless; Wizard owned by no range and useless fire breath. Not really up to discussing it - these things suck, fix them now.
1-12 van 12 reacties weergegeven
< >
rskoraji 6 jul 2013 om 6:01nm 
Wizard is beyond awesome. Warlock is beyond over powered.
No complaints here.
Exerlin 6 jul 2013 om 6:21nm 
Paladin is good if you know how to use it, or if HP regen is on.
rskoraji 7 jul 2013 om 4:46vm 
I beat the beta demo on hard with 1hp challenge, never died.(as paladin),
Should learn to use his ability set properly.
karatekid1995 7 jul 2013 om 4:29nm 
Sure? Not even 1 Hit from the Queen?
Linaru 7 jul 2013 om 5:24nm 
they are fine once you start getting theupgrades from act 2 and onward. you still have to avoid projectiles, thats kind of the point :P
Soga 7 jul 2013 om 7:27nm 
Origineel geplaatst door karatekid1995:
Sure? Not even 1 Hit from the Queen?

That's really not that hard to do as Paladin, even if you don't have the shield upgrade. The Queen has a certain weakness that is easy for melee classes to exploit during all stages of the fight.

Origineel geplaatst door BEEEEEES:
Just letting you know...we're not buying this with Paladin/Wizard as they are. See prior responses for the problems. TLDR Paladin owned by ranged unblockable spam, charge useless; Wizard owned by no range and useless fire breath. Not really up to discussing it - these things suck, fix them now.

You need to ask yourself if the problem is with the classes or with the tactics you're currently using with those classes. The Wizard is the most fragile, yes, but he's also the heaviest-hitting of all the classes.

His fireballs start out with just enough range to make him pretty formidable against most enemies, even ranged enemies. And you can kill most standard enemies in about 2 or 3 fireballs. Most other classes don't have that luxury (well, the Paladin does, but he's melee).

The fragility of the Wizard means that you can't march into any situation gung-ho and just stand there throwing fireballs. You've got to dodge.

As for the Paladin, he's beefier and has good armor (starts with 2 armor). He also has a pretty good charge ability that can be used for hitting and fading. Yeah, it's hard to take on whole crowds of ranged enemies at once, which is why you need to use corners when you're being horded. Whittle them down to a manageable number, then finish the job.

Good news, though, is that he also gets a Shield upgrade that blocks attacks from in front of him.
bountyskater 8 jul 2013 om 12:47nm 
I agree, the wizards fire breath is useless. And I dont agree it is "the heaviest-hitting of all the classes", thats not true, the pala is. The wizard deals great amouts of damage but while he shoots one ball with 15 dmg (upgraded 20/21), the paladin hits 2-3 times with 9 dmg (upgraded 14). Now I do realize that the mage has a quite sufficient range, which the pala doesnt but that gets balanced out by the fact, that the pala has a useable 2nd skill, which makes him a lot mor mobile and gives him another good damage output AND he has the shield as a passive from the beginning soooo ... you try to tell me these classes are even. They both require equal "amounts" of skill, you need to be able to dodge, etc.

I am ignoring the fact that there are two other classes right now, since this discussion was obivously only about the lacking balance of the wizard and the paladin. Also, so you wont give me that "but the mage get soooooo OP later on", i am just talking about the beta, and with that only the first act. I am NOT saying the mage needs more survivability, since that is not his role, you just need to be able to not get hit, while still dealing as much dmg as possible. Furthermore i am not implying that he needs more dmg to match the paladin. I think his dmg is good the way it is; great bursts with small amount of delay between them so you can use your time efficiently by moving around. Kinda like attack-moving in DotA.

I STILL believe he needs a changed secondary attack, although it would take a lot of effort, i realize that, i just think it is nonexistent like this, since it is BARELY being used.
I also have noticed that it can do great harm any players, simply by the fact that the player cant see through it. I would MUCH rather have this skill changed, than have a quickly released game where i use one class out of 4 so rarely because of this one thing. I dunno mb thats just me but it really feels a lot less fun if you only have WASD and the UP key ...

I wish you all a nice day
FIRE_KEEPER 10 jul 2013 om 2:00vm 
Actually Your Totally wrong .. I play wizard all the time in Defense hes completly amazing since he got a frost nova spell .. and his attack is AOE splash which is really great !! and Fire breath Really work against horde of enemies or that giant worm that keeps spawning them . get ur facts straight also Paladin is amazingly Awesome to play because hes a Tanker which means he doesnt die fast he can help his other weak team
Grim 15 jul 2013 om 1:10vm 
Paladin is my favorite class :3
Ice-T [kil urself unistall tf2] 15 jul 2013 om 2:04nm 
I completey agree with this post those classes suck

Origineel geplaatst door rskoraji:
doubt it stop lying 7 year old >.>
Exerlin 15 jul 2013 om 8:44nm 
Origineel geplaatst door MyBuutHurtz:
I completey agree with this post those classes suck

Origineel geplaatst door rskoraji:
doubt it stop lying 7 year old >.>
It's possible. Don't be so butt-hurt. :D
Phil 15 jan om 1:32vm 
Strange. My Paladin has more kills and less deaths than the Rogue and Wizard I play with combined. Just focus on the healing combo and then the nova combo. Stacking a 200+ combo is not a problem and mostly fails because of the lack of enemies.

The Queen can easily be killed without getting hit. The end boss was even the easiest fight thanks to the maxed out nova combo. With that combo you can easily defeat the mini-boss mages from the later stages in one/two hits.

For the earlier stages learn to backpaddle while swinging the sword. You can deal with most stuff that way (like the eye-mini bosses) without getting hit once.

I used charged mainly to get fast to the turrets, land some hits and charge back into cover before they shoot. Works most of the time. Those spikey things can easily be defeated using the strafing by walking in circles around it (or in front of it) and slashing with about half of the maximum speed. Just make sure that no other players walks around the same space and triggers spikes in your lane. The only other use of that skill was to get out of tight spots fast or to traverse fire pits or other traps.

1-12 van 12 reacties weergegeven
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50