This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Hammerwatch
battle Jul 2, 2013 @ 7:52am
RUDE multiplayer hosts
I mean my word. They kick any player joining because they don't know how to edit the title of their multiplayer lobby. How about lobbies default to private and you have to click "make game public."
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Soga Jul 2, 2013 @ 10:20am 
Passwording games will be possible in a future version, from what I've heard.

But I like your suggestion of making games default to private and not being shown on the game browser until a "make game public" button is clicked.
Gurunberudo Jul 2, 2013 @ 11:36am 
My friends and I tried to play yesterday and we were the only one hosting so we ended up with people joining instantly, took like 5mins of kicking until our last friend could join cuz people just kept on spamming.
rskoraji Jul 2, 2013 @ 1:35pm 
Originally posted by Emil:
My friends and I tried to play yesterday and we were the only one hosting so we ended up with people joining instantly, took like 5mins of kicking until our last friend could join cuz people just kept on spamming.
ports too hard to open.
Linaru Jul 2, 2013 @ 7:10pm 
Originally posted by rskoraji:
ports too hard to open.
opening ports isnt hard, the problem is that every router has a differnt menu layout on how to do it, so there arnt many tutorials out there.

the key thing people seem to miss is the ip, when every device on your lan network has a differnt internal ip, when you forward a port you have to give it the correct internal ip, it will almost always be 192.168.0.* the last number depends on how many devices you have.

if you have the wrong internal ip then any computer connecting to your network via that port will be directed to the wrong device.

googleing how to port forward on a particular make or model of router will help.

the up comming password feature will make joining friends easyer , but you shouldn't get too upset if you get kicked from games at the moment somtimes its not the host whos kicking you but the game, its still a beta after all.
Курра Jul 16, 2013 @ 1:49am 
cool
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50