This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Hammerwatch
hipshot  [developer] Jun 3, 2013 @ 5:41am
The easter egg.
If you don't count the bonus level, which obviously is a homage to Gauntlet, there's also another easter egg reference to another game.

There will be several of these easter egg references through out the whole game and they will be the most hard to find and also be connected to some or several exploring achievements.

See if you can find it, because, as far as I know, no one have yet...
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Exerlin Jun 3, 2013 @ 6:35am 
Time to go on an hour long adventure through the prisons of hammerwatch!
rskoraji Jun 3, 2013 @ 10:24am 
I'd look but I haven't played enough games to probably understand the reference if I found it, though it also shouldn't be hard to find the one thing that stands out, lol.
rskoraji Jun 3, 2013 @ 12:36pm 
I searched every sq. inch, where was this? And does it show up on lowest details(game doesn't even run for me unless I'm on lowest detal, with my crap computer and all.)
Last edited by rskoraji; Jun 4, 2013 @ 10:37am
hipshot  [developer] Jun 3, 2013 @ 1:04pm 
Where's that skull?
BEEEEEES Jun 3, 2013 @ 8:26pm 
Huh I've found that one. Empty room with the skull (mask?) in it laying in the middle of the floor I think? I think that was right next to a long hall that shoots a staggered wave of arrows down it. It was quite a ways into the act if I remember correctly.
Last edited by BEEEEEES; Jun 3, 2013 @ 8:33pm
BubbleMonkey Jun 3, 2013 @ 9:00pm 
I found a room next to an arrow-hallway like that, but it's full of green crystals?
jeffak Jun 4, 2013 @ 11:22am 
I've found the room with the green crystals, but not the one with the skull... there's a picture of the skull here[images4.wikia.nocookie.net]...

Also, there is a seemingly pointless secret room at the top left of Floor 3. Once you break the cracked wall, there is a tiny 2x5 hallway that leads to nothing. Is there a point to it?
Last edited by jeffak; Jun 4, 2013 @ 11:27am
bountyskater Jun 4, 2013 @ 11:36am 
Originally posted by jeffak:
Also, there is a seemingly pointless secret room at the top left of Floor 3. Once you break the cracked wall, there is a tiny 2x5 hallway that leads to nothing. Is there a point to it?
Yes, there is a button inside.

0.o I thought I have seen everything of act one, guess not if there really is such a skull and these crystals. Awesome, more to explore :D
Last edited by bountyskater; Jun 5, 2013 @ 9:47am
jeffak Jun 5, 2013 @ 8:52am 
Originally posted by NevermorE:
Yes, go in and have a look around afterwards.

Afterwards... after what? The boss?
BubbleMonkey Jun 5, 2013 @ 1:28pm 
The small hallway has a button at the end of it. It opens a room with a giant coin. Chances are you already got it.
jeffak Jun 5, 2013 @ 1:33pm 
Originally posted by BubbleMonkey:
The small hallway has a button at the end of it. It opens a room with a giant coin. Chances are you already got it.

There was no shop coin or button for me... (no sounds for either of them were heard)

But it's a small thing; it doesn't really matter. Still looking for that skull room :)
Last edited by jeffak; Jun 5, 2013 @ 1:34pm
Antimon Jun 5, 2013 @ 5:54pm 
I found the green crystal room is it tiberium from C&C Tiberium sun? I can't find the mask though.
Derek Aug 18, 2013 @ 2:15am 
There are 4 things:

Act 1 - Green Crystals
Act 2 - Mask
Act 3 - Number 19 on a blue ground
Act 4 - A severed head with blood over the ground

All these things are on special rooms, probably the hardest room to find in a act. Everytime you find one, it show a special message: You find a secret in a secret :D
star_foxy Aug 19, 2013 @ 7:10pm 
So can you guys tell us what games do these refer to? Tiberium crystals seems legit. Does the mask have to do with Payday: The Heist?

I don't even have a clue as to what the number 19 would be.

I can only assume the severed head one is a reference to Doomguy, with "Doomed Space Marine" refer to a Duke Nukem quote?
Phil Jan 15 @ 1:24am 
Aye, the mask is from Payday [2]. The Achievement even has the name "The Heist".
Last edited by Phil; Jan 15 @ 1:24am
Showing 1-15 of 16 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50