This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Hammerwatch
Luminaire May 7, 2013 @ 7:33pm
Multiplayer
Could someone please explain to me how to play multiplayer with this game? Me and my friends really want to paly multiplayer but we can't figure it out.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
hipshot  [developer] May 9, 2013 @ 4:30am 
You need to connect to the host's IP adress.
To find out an Ip, search for "my ip" on google.
Also, ports 9995 needs to be open in any router or such.
BEEEEEES May 9, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
...or go old-school and plug multiple controllers into your PC and play on the same screen.
☯ Ozymandias J. Llewellyn ☯ May 9, 2013 @ 6:51pm 
Originally posted by hipshot:
It also needs to be unblocked by any software firewalls, and the Windows Defender firewall as well needs to be set to allow traffic, otherwise it won't even make it out of your computer.
Luminaire May 9, 2013 @ 7:53pm 
I checked all of this and I did it all. It's just not working for me, we eventually got it to work through hamachi so it clearly works somethings just going wrong when I try to port it instead.
hipshot  [developer] May 10, 2013 @ 1:34am 
Originally posted by Ozymandias J. Llewellyn:
It also needs to be unblocked by any software firewalls, and the Windows Defender firewall as well needs to be set to allow traffic, otherwise it won't even make it out of your computer.

Yes! I never think about this, thanks.
KuhsKuhs May 30, 2013 @ 11:37am 
How did you get it to work thru hamachi? i hope someone replies to this i know its a bit late. I want to play host my server online so I can play with my friends.
Sample_Text May 30, 2013 @ 12:01pm 
what do you mean you have to have router open if port is 9995
Nook May 30, 2013 @ 12:16pm 
Originally posted by KuhsKuhs:
How did you get it to work thru hamachi? i hope someone replies to this i know its a bit late. I want to play host my server online so I can play with my friends.

Download Hamachi and create a network. Tell your friends to download Hamachi and join your created network.

Copy the IPv4 address, example: http://puu.sh/34B2L.png

Now, your friends paste that long IP in the game and you wait for your friends to join your match.

You can now play multiplayer with your friends!
Last edited by Nook; May 30, 2013 @ 12:17pm
Teall May 30, 2013 @ 12:19pm 
by ipv4 address he means the one automaticly at the top of hamachi when your in a server you have created

Gruntley #SprainedWrist May 31, 2013 @ 8:04pm 
Originally posted by Nook:
Originally posted by KuhsKuhs:

Download Hamachi and create a network. Tell your friends to download Hamachi and join your created network.

Copy the IPv4 address, example: http://puu.sh/34B2L.png

Now, your friends paste that long IP in the game and you wait for your friends to join your match.

You can now play multiplayer with your friends!

Thank you very much!
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50