Dit spel is nu beschikbaar op Steam!

Bedankt voor je hulp bij het selecteren van dit spel voor distributie via Steam. Meer informatie, waaronder een link naar de Steam-winkelpagina, kan hier onder gevonden worden.

Hammerwatch
dredhammer 18 apr 2013 om 12:49nm
Linux and Mac versions?
I see listed on the description page there will be mac and linux versions. Will these be available when the game is released or will linux and mac users have to wait a while?
1-14 van 14 reacties weergegeven
< >
Smilo 21 apr 2013 om 7:39vm 
I would also like to know about this, and i would be willing to beta test. :)
Myran  [ontwikkelaar] 21 apr 2013 om 4:18nm 
We plan on releasing the Linux and Mac versions at the same time as we release the Windows version.
melinator1503 12 mei 2013 om 1:00nm 
The read-me in the beta (1.01) said something about requiring mono to run on Mac (and linux).
Is this like now, or when released?
If so, how do you run it?
Myran  [ontwikkelaar] 13 mei 2013 om 6:51vm 
It requires mono to run the beta version and it will also be required for the full version, although the full version will of course have proper packaging so it's easier to get it up and running. To get the beta running with mono all you need to do is download and install mono ( http://www.mono-project.com/ ) and run Hammerwatch.exe through it.
Soverinth 1 jun 2013 om 3:42vm 
Origineel geplaatst door Myran:
It requires mono to run the beta version and it will also be required for the full version, although the full version will of course have proper packaging so it's easier to get it up and running. To get the beta running with mono all you need to do is download and install mono ( http://www.mono-project.com/ ) and run Hammerwatch.exe through it.

I've done exactly this and it just crashes every time I try to start it. I even sent an error report to where is says to do so and am waiting for a response to that. This is frustrating that I can't join my friend in this game.
melinator1503 2 jun 2013 om 12:57vm 
I had the same problem and the devs responded with this (this works for me):
In terminal, navigate to the game-directory (google this if you don't know how) and then type "mono Hammerwatch.exe"
or setup a quick sh-script (again, google helps a lot)
"cd /path/to/directory/
mono Hammerwatch.exe"
Soverinth 2 jun 2013 om 9:37vm 
Origineel geplaatst door melinator1503:
I had the same problem and the devs responded with this (this works for me):
In terminal, navigate to the game-directory (google this if you don't know how) and then type "mono Hammerwatch.exe"
or setup a quick sh-script (again, google helps a lot)
"cd /path/to/directory/
mono Hammerwatch.exe"

So what you posted did work, and it ran fine for like the first 3 or 4 minutes, and then out of no where it froze, started lagging and was basically unplayable. Any advice?

Edit: Okay so, I just tried single player as the issue above was happening in mp and it was playing smoothly with no issues for a little bit and then the freezing lagging issue happened again. Instead of closing it right away i let it lag away and the in the terminal something came up about some crash with mono. I don’t know if this will help at all but here is what was in the terminal when it crashed again:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Too many heap sections: Increase MAXHINCR or MAX_HEAP_SECTS
Stacktrace:

at (wrapper managed-to-native) object.__icall_wrapper_mono_array_new_specific (intptr,int) <0xffffffff>
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<int, int16[][]>.InitArrays (int) <0x0001f>
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<int, int16[][]>.Init (int,System.Collections.Generic.IEqualityComparer`1<int>) <0x0008b>
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2<int, int16[][]>..ctor () <0x00013>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeLeaf..ctor (TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch,System.Drawing.Point) <0x00167>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch..ctor (TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch,System.Drawing.Point,int,TiltedEngine.WorldNode) <0x001e3>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch..ctor (TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch,System.Drawing.Point,int,TiltedEngine.WorldNode) <0x0023b>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch..ctor (TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch,System.Drawing.Point,int,TiltedEngine.WorldNode) <0x0023b>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNode.CreateParent () <0x0004f>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.GetNodesAtDepthWithin (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<TiltedEngine.WorldNode>,System.Drawing.RectangleF,int) <0x0008f>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.GetNodesAtDepthWithin (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<TiltedEngine.WorldNode>,System.Drawing.RectangleF,int) <0x000af>
at TiltedEngine.WorldNodeBranch.GetNodesAtDepthWithin (System.Collections.Generic.List`1<TiltedEngine.WorldNode>,System.Drawing.RectangleF,int) <0x000af>
at ARPGGame.WorldDrawer.DrawTilemap (TiltedEngine.Camera,TiltedEngine.WorldNode) <0x001d6>
at ARPGGame.WorldDrawer.Draw (int,TiltedEngine.Camera,TiltedEngine.WorldNode,ARPGGame.MinimapObscurer) <0x00a03>
at ARPGGame.GameBase.Draw () <0x00073>
at ARPGGame.ARPGGame.OnRenderFrame (OpenTK.FrameEventArgs) <0x0002b>
at OpenTK.GameWindow.OnRenderFrameInternal (OpenTK.FrameEventArgs) <0x00038>
at OpenTK.GameWindow.RaiseRenderFrame (System.Diagnostics.Stopwatch,double&,OpenTK.FrameEventArgs) <0x0024b>
at OpenTK.GameWindow.DispatchUpdateAndRenderFrame (object,System.EventArgs) <0x0005b>
at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run (double,double) <0x0023f>
at OpenTK.GameWindow.Run () <0x00017>
at ARPGGame.Program.Main (string[]) <0x00b9f>
at (wrapper runtime-invoke) <Module>.runtime_invoke_void_object (object,intptr,intptr,intptr) <0xffffffff>

Native stacktrace:

mono() [0x4961e9]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libpthread.so.0(+0xfbd0) [0x7f0a075cdbd0]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(gsignal+0x37) [0x7f0a0722d037]
/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libc.so.6(abort+0x148) [0x7f0a07230698]
mono() [0x5dcff9]
mono() [0x5d54da]
mono() [0x5d56e6]
mono() [0x5d594a]
mono() [0x5d5ad9]
mono() [0x5d8777]
mono() [0x5d95ad]
mono() [0x5df844]
mono(mono_array_new_specific+0xa2) [0x566042]
[0x408e0ecd]

Debug info from gdb:

=================================================================
Got a SIGABRT while executing native code. This usually indicates
a fatal error in the mono runtime or one of the native libraries
used by your application.
=================================================================

Aborted (core dumped)

I know that I am supposed to email this type of stuff but I already tried that yesterday and have yet to get a response. Let me know if you come up with anything.
melinator1503 2 jun 2013 om 11:21vm 
I finished the 1.01 beta (2.5 hours, I was thourough) on my 2007 macbook (one of the few games I can play on that thing) like this without much lag (except the lag I get from this monstrosity of a laptop).
I fired up the 1.03 beta to test the new class and I did experience lots of lag, it was virtually unplayable. This could just be my computer, maybe.
I'll play 1.03 a bit more extensively tonight and post what I come up with.

EDIT:
For me it remains playable, except that there's a lot more lag. A better computer (read, any recent computer) should perform a lot better.
No game-breaking errors or bugs except for this:

@ startup I got 2 logs:
Jun 2 20:23:00 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection
Jun 2 20:23:00 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
@ shutdown I got 2 more:
Jun 2 20:29:34 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID 930
Jun 2 20:29:34 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSRemoveSurface: Invalid window 0x3a2

Real sorry, but looks like I can't help you.
chris_munte 2 jun 2013 om 11:51vm 
version 1.03 works great on Mac! I love the game. If you need someone to beta test on the mac, i'll be willing to help.
wesim 2 jun 2013 om 5:37nm 
I'm not sure how to get the mac version working I have the file in my downloads folder
melinator1503 3 jun 2013 om 1:18vm 
Origineel geplaatst door wesim:
I'm not sure how to get the mac version working I have the file in my downloads folder

1: Download and install the newest version of mono ( http://www.mono-project.com/ )
2: In terminal (/Application/Utilities/Terminal.app) navigate (using "cd", google this if you aren't familiar with Terminal) to the game-folder
3: Input the terminal-command 'mono Hammerwatch.exe'

For you this would lead to (in terminal, after installing mono):
'cd /Users/[Your username]/Downloads/hammerwatch_beta_1.03/'
'mono Hammerwatch.exe'

EDIT:
1: On the mono homepage, go to 'download' and selct Mac OS X from the stable versions.
2: Download the Runtime package (not SDK, this for devs).
The last time I downloaded the file the link was:
http://download.mono-project.com/archive/2.10.11/macos-10-x86//MonoFramework-MRE-2.10.11.macos10.xamarin.x86.dmg
3: mount the .dmg and open the .pkg
4: PROFIT!
Soverinth 3 jun 2013 om 8:04vm 
Origineel geplaatst door melinator1503:
I finished the 1.01 beta (2.5 hours, I was thourough) on my 2007 macbook (one of the few games I can play on that thing) like this without much lag (except the lag I get from this monstrosity of a laptop).
I fired up the 1.03 beta to test the new class and I did experience lots of lag, it was virtually unplayable. This could just be my computer, maybe.
I'll play 1.03 a bit more extensively tonight and post what I come up with.

EDIT:
For me it remains playable, except that there's a lot more lag. A better computer (read, any recent computer) should perform a lot better.
No game-breaking errors or bugs except for this:

@ startup I got 2 logs:
Jun 2 20:23:00 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorInvalidConnection: CGSGetWindowTags: Invalid connection
Jun 2 20:23:00 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorFailure: Set a breakpoint @ CGErrorBreakpoint() to catch errors as they are logged.
@ shutdown I got 2 more:
Jun 2 20:29:34 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: _CGSFindSharedWindow: WID 930
Jun 2 20:29:34 MacBook.local mono[936] <Error>: kCGErrorIllegalArgument: CGSRemoveSurface: Invalid window 0x3a2

Real sorry, but looks like I can't help you.

It's okay, I wasn't expecting some breathtaking answer or fix lol. I'm not all that bothered by it either, its just frustrating that I can't join my friend. You are right about a better computer, it would perform much better but I don’t think that that is really an issue of mine since I've been able to run other games that probably are more demanding than HW. Ya know as I'm typing this I just thought of trying to run this with wine, or does that not work? Regardless, thanks for your help. I would have to say the most annoying thing about this is that the game actually runs fine for me. No lag and its nice and smooth until that second bridge from the first checkpoint. When I reach there it just freezes completely and then if i try to move my mouse there is bad lag to the point where I have to move my mouse over and close the game to get my computer to back to normal speed. Oh well...

Small Edit: Right after I posted this I tried to run it with wine the same way you would with mono except by typing "wine Hammerwatch.exe" in the teriminal and it prompted me to install wine gecko. I did that and it actually came up and the music was playing but it was just a black screen. Don't really know if this info is helpful or even relevant I just wanted to put it out there.
Myran  [ontwikkelaar] 3 jun 2013 om 9:12vm 
Okay, so the issue with the extreme lags or crash after the bridge is something several different Linux configurations are getting, I will try to fix it for the next version, but it will probably take a few days.
Soverinth 3 jun 2013 om 10:49vm 
Origineel geplaatst door Myran:
Okay, so the issue with the extreme lags or crash after the bridge is something several different Linux configurations are getting, I will try to fix it for the next version, but it will probably take a few days.

Cool, glad to hear about a possible solution :) If it helps I am on Ubuntu 13.04.
1-14 van 14 reacties weergegeven
< >
Per pagina: 15 30 50