¡Este juego está ahora disponible en Steam!

Gracias por ayudar a que este juego sea seleccionado para su distribución en Steam. Abajo puedes encontrar más información, incluyendo un enlace a la tienda de Steam.

Drox Operative
A Fellow Dr Pepperian 29 de Nov, 2013 a las 3:19
Why has this game still not been recognized?
I fail to understand why this is still sitting in the Greenlight section gathering dust - to point out some reasons as to why I cannot make sense of this:
  • This game is far more developed than a lot of games that get "Greenlit" (and even released) and is highly playable.
  • It has a large amount of content (I could easily spend hundreds of hours playing) and an expansion.
  • It is developed by a respectable and trustworthy company, which has developed and released other well received games before - 2 of which are already available on Steam.
  • Drox Operative itself has already gathered positive reviews and praise.

... so yeah, I just don't understand why this game is still stuck in the Greenlight section of Steam. Has it simply been overlooked due to a lack of activity, i.e., no discussions?
Última edición por A Fellow Dr Pepperian; 11 de Dic, 2013 a las 23:54
Mostrando 1-11 de 11 comentarios
< >
sahornback 29 de Nov, 2013 a las 12:19 
Steam may want Soldak Entertainment to create a much larger fanbase first. This would be easy if Soldak had a large advertising budget. Then they could spend lots of money to generate the "hype" that Steam wants before they put a game on the site. That's why some titles that have terrible reviews are on Steam, and why some titles that have great reviews (like this game) are not.

I know Soldak is working hard to generate more interest in the game. However, spending a ton of money they don't have on advertising is probably out of the question.

Another concern is that Soldak Entertainment, Drox Operative's developer, is a small independent company. If Drox had been created and published by large, well known, companies; it probably would have been on Steam as soon as it was finished.

Can you then blame Steam/Valve for this? It depends on your point of view. From a strictly business point of view, perhaps Steam has valid concerns. You can bet that Steam's foremost concern is to be as profitable as possible. They seem to base a game's inclusion mainly on how popular the game is. This way they can sell more games and increase profits. However, I personally cannot see how keeping any well supported game (by the developers) that has received numerous favorable reviews could harm Steam in any way. Shouldn't they be providing quality and variety to their customers?
Última edición por sahornback; 29 de Nov, 2013 a las 13:30
Soldak Entertainment  [desarrollador] 2 de Dic, 2013 a las 13:23 
I think we just don't have enough votes yet. So get your Steam friends to vote for Drox! :)
Última edición por Soldak Entertainment; 2 de Dic, 2013 a las 13:23
sahornback 11 de Dic, 2013 a las 14:11 
Here's a perfect example of a recent positive review for this game. It'd be good for Steam to take notice.

http://twodashstash.com/2013/12/drox-operative-review/
Giowesome 27 de Dic, 2013 a las 13:57 
Basing the whole thing only on the number of votes seems a bit reductive to me
catwhowalksbyhimself 25 de Ene a las 17:47 
Steam aparently has a policy that once a game submits to Greenlight, they can only get onto Steam by the normal Greenlight process--in other words getting a large enough number of votes. It no longer matters how good the game is or whether they would normally be able to get on Steam. I'm still surprised a game like this with a large fanbase hasn't gotten enough votes yet.
saddysally 3 de Feb a las 1:55 
But why Greenlight in the first place? Soldak has already 2 solid games sold via steam. Each week, a handfull of obscure games is released wich we never saw on greenlight. Don't want to badmouth anyone, but when I see Burning Cars released out of the blue on 01/31, I can't believe Polynetix is more trustworthy than Soldak or has a bigger fan base...
Why greenlight?...
A Fellow Dr Pepperian 3 de Feb a las 3:13 
Yeah this whole situation is ridiculous. Drox has been sitting here for a year now when it has every right to skip this process.
saddysally 3 de Feb a las 5:48 
Sometimes I think it's all on Steven. Maybe he's doesn't want Drox to be part of the regular steam sales so soon in the game's lifecycle, somehow predicting the long greenlight struggle...
<taunt>

Jeez, I do want my Drox trading cards and emoticons!!!
Última edición por saddysally; 3 de Feb a las 5:49
Soldak Entertainment  [desarrollador] 5 de Feb a las 6:19 
We are definitely not waiting on me. I would have liked to get Drox on Steam a long time ago.
saddysally 6 de Feb a las 6:29 
And the wait is finally over! Almost... I think I'm gonna gift it day one to all my friend list! I can't wait, excited like a pre-teen.
Congrats once again, for you and your team and many, many thanks for your games.
(Compliments : check)
Could we have trading cards? Pretty please?
A Fellow Dr Pepperian 6 de Feb a las 17:37 
Yay! Hopefully Drox can gain more of a following for Soldak, goodness knows they deserve it :)
Mostrando 1-11 de 11 comentarios
< >
Por página: 15 30 50