This game is now available on Steam!

Thanks for your help in getting this game selected for distribution via Steam. More information including a link to the Steam store page can be found below.

Project Temporality
DefrostGames  [developer] Jan 26, 2013 @ 6:16am
Co-op In Project Temporality
So a lot of people has asked us shy we don't have Co-op in the game. One reason is that we are a small indie studio and most of us has worked on our weekends and afternoons creating this game.

But it's also that we didn't consider it a good fit with out gameplay, as basically anything your co op player could do you could also do with enough clones.

But peoples requests has lead to us thinking about it and as we can see it there are 2 basic possibilities.

One is to go down the road of efficiency there simply just isn't enough Time Energy available unless you cooperate efficiently to make certain that your clones doesn't become to expensive.

The other possibility is what we think of as two interconnected tracks, So booth players start in different areas that aren't connected so your clones can never meet. However the puzzles are interconnected so that you need to cooperate to solve them

If this sound interesting please tell us what you think.
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
RRRR The Golden Girl Jan 30, 2013 @ 12:34am 
yeah sounds awesome
Ange1ofD4rkness Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:18pm 
Actually when I saw the title and thought about it, the 2nd option came to mind. May I suggest the coop as an extension to the game (dare I say it ... DLC, ehhhh I just did).

Hate using the DLC word, but I am just thinking of it from a replayability concept, and accounting for the time and money that is currently avalible for this title (so coop might be a down the line).

EDIT:
You know another idea I had was say you limit players to like 4 clones each but require say 6 to complete a puzzle, or you have to have them stand on each other's shoulders, or some other action that could require both players to move at the same time, ext
Last edited by Ange1ofD4rkness; Feb 4, 2013 @ 11:37pm
DefrostGames  [developer] Feb 6, 2013 @ 5:38am 
Yeah CO-op will probably be a post release patch (nowdays called DLC's :) ) Limiting the number of clones is what efficiency is about it does not only limit clones but also limits how far in time you can spawn them and some stuff like that but probably we will explore booth alternatives and see what works best.
Ange1ofD4rkness Feb 6, 2013 @ 7:34pm 
Explore away. The more original and clever, the better (Darksiders II has been doing that to me lately, there puzzles aren't always hard but clever)
DefrostGames  [developer] Feb 11, 2013 @ 2:42am 
We are looking at a spring to summer release at the moment.
Bro-scoe Street Feb 11, 2013 @ 5:15am 
Co-op is always a good choice for fun. I hope to see it in this game. The option of the interconnected tracks and etc. for me is a good solution.
swenor Jul 9, 2013 @ 3:09pm 
Coop as separate mode / modified maps = ok.
Reasonable DLC with reasonable price = ok.
Challenge should be reasonable - maybe difficulty levels? Just don't make it ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥ hard. I am tired wit indie games making their titles overly difficult / repeititve.
Checkpoints feature? Rewind?
Last edited by swenor; Jul 9, 2013 @ 3:11pm
DefrostGames  [developer] Jul 10, 2013 @ 2:00am 
Our game will have a difficulty level system to provide booth an easy way to play it and a challenge for those who want it. But you will not have to decide before starting a level instead we will use a starbased system rating your performance on the level based on how much Time Batter points you have used. This will be visible to you as you play the game.

We feel it's very important to allow casual players to progress at their pace and have fun with the game while still allowing the more hardcore players their challenge. To reach 3 starts you will need to get close to our perfromance so it will be tough :)

You can just rewind time seamlessly if you make a misstake so that you don't need to repeat anything this means you can go back to any point in time and eliminates the needs for any checkpoint system.

Except for puzzles involving Temporality fields for those there is a reset puzzle option which rewinds the true time back to when you entered the room.
Gabriel Oct 22, 2013 @ 3:21pm 
I would so love to see co-op in this game. I absolutely love co-op games, and this one seems perfect for it. I would also pay for it as dlc!
DefrostGames  [developer] Oct 30, 2013 @ 12:46pm 
We would love to do Co-op If thereis an interest in it but looking at current development it would have to be a post launch release. It's tough enough just to get a game out :/ but yeah CO Op would be awesome and we have some great ideas for it so if people like the game we will add that :)
Bro-scoe Street Oct 30, 2013 @ 1:17pm 
Originally posted by DefrostGames:
We would love to do Co-op If thereis an interest in it but looking at current development it would have to be a post launch release. It's tough enough just to get a game out :/ but yeah CO Op would be awesome and we have some great ideas for it so if people like the game we will add that :)
YEEEEEEEEAH!!!! Guys i love you!
Wolf Haley Dec 2, 2013 @ 4:09am 
Думаю игра будет хорошей
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50